Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Que on the Ebon Hawk. Again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Que on the Ebon Hawk. Again.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ConstantVariable
08.17.2017 , 07:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team is looking into the queue that is on Ebon Hawk right now. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric
The team has been looking into it for weeks. When can we expect and actual fix and not just someone hitting the reset button every other day when this happens?

This isn't what I'm paying for as a subscriber. Which makes me seriously question WHY I'm still a subscriber!

ConstantVariable
08.17.2017 , 08:02 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Manathayria View Post
*ahem*

SERVER NO WORKY WHY SERVER NO WORKY!???!!!11!1!?/!!111!????

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I couldn't put in the ticket with this at my last job before I changed duty stations and felt the need to do it here for those in IT.

I have both of my accounts at 75% on the loading screen at the moment. I'm hopeful this isn't because the rats powering the servers died but I'm assuming it is.

The outfits are currently all gone from outfit designer for me (or were when I was in game) and it's now just not letting me in (loading screen) and everyone in TS and discord with me that have made the mistake of zoning or logging are finding themselves caught in the trap of not being able to get in as they're in a que that isn't moving.
This is what happens when you move your hosting over to Joe-Bob's hosting because it's cheap. It goes down frequently and you have to wait for the fat 40 year old virgin to get up off the couch and reset the servers in his mothers basement.

It wouldn't be so bad if Bioware passed on some of the savings they're getting to the subscribers. But instead we pay full price for a service we can't use, over and over again. It's a joke.

Manathayria
08.17.2017 , 08:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
They should probably log out then because it's possible there will be a roll back and they'll lose what ever progress they make.
Raid is going smoothly, but those of us out of game can't get back in (or are trapped on loading screens).

kptbill
08.17.2017 , 08:10 PM | #14
What the hell is going on here? They need to fix this a.s.a.p.

EricMusco
08.17.2017 , 08:13 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The queue issues should now be resolved and you can once again log in to Ebon Hawk.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

vadess
08.17.2017 , 08:15 PM | #16
The queue issues should now be resolved and you can once again log in to Ebon Hawk.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Thanks Eric

ConstantVariable
08.17.2017 , 08:21 PM | #17

Thanks everyone!

-eric
When can we expect an actual fix to the issue and not have to worry about this every other day?

KeithKanneg
08.17.2017 , 08:34 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We did identify what is causing the issue. We expect to roll it out in conjunction with Game Update 5.4 on Tuesday. It may take a couple more updates to ensure we nailed it. I know it's irritating and we're doing our best to minimize the impact.

For example, the game is set up to queue to prevent more players from logging in while the DB writes out all your data. Better to hold everyone out and not lose anything (e.g., rollback). Yes, it would be best if that didn't happen at all, and that's the change we've scheduled for Tuesday.

Thanks for your patience.

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MeNaCe-NZ
08.17.2017 , 08:58 PM | #19
Just merge the server with Harbinger, problem solved. If you read the server merge thread you will see many people are eager for this.

DWho
08.17.2017 , 09:31 PM | #20
If you read the server merger thread its 240 pages of arguing back and forth with absolutely no consensus at all.