Star Wars: First Assault Leaked

Eillack

It's not much, but Joystiq reports that the same source for Star Wars 1313's first leak, months before E3, has leaked another name for the next Star Wars game: Star Wars: First Assault.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/29/star-wars-first-assault-trademark-domains-filed/

The article wonders as to this being a possible lean towards Battlefront 3, but in my personal opinion I think that project has been scrapped for good (my friend who is now an ex Pandemic employee told me of how BF3 was cancelled again before Pandemic was eventually dropped by Lucasarts years ago).

Edited by Eillack

Sounds like a portable game...

I bet its going to be for the Vita.

That's what my first impression was, the name it self sounds something a portable game would be called. Still, good to have more Star Wars games out there.

We could only be so lucky. Next you'll tell me it'll be a battlefront set in the old republic era.

I'm just posting what I saw, don't shoot the messenger. :p

But yeah as far as I know Battlefront 3 (which still has Alpha stage vids on youtube) is gone. I doubt we'll get more rehashes of the series. Hell I never even played the PSP ones.

Edited by Eillack

I would advise against it. I tried it and was like, "this won"t do at all. I need a controller." At that point a dug out my xbox. Local multiplayer on battlefront is Cool if you can find three other SW fans in real life. Lots of arguing I remember from my childhood. "C'Mon, I can't spawn without getting hit by a lightsaber!"

Those were good times.

Edited by CephalicRex

I would advise against it. I tried it and was like, "this won"t do at all. I need a controller." At that point a dug out my xbox. Local multiplayer on battlefront is Cool if you can find three other SW fans in real life. Lots of arguing I remember from my childhood. "C'Mon, I can't spawn without getting hit by a lightsaber!"

Those were good times.

Haha good times indeed..I remember years ago when my friend only had Battlefront I at the time for his Xbox 360 and a few other friends were over. It was my turn (getting killed = pass the controller) and we were doing Mos Eisley Galactic Civil War era and I was running right at my friend who was in a turret. Did a ton of rolls and then, from an ok didstance, head shot him with my Stromtrooper....everyone went silent, the laughter stopped and all at once.. "How the hell do you get headshots from people are in turrets..!?"

One of those moments why I thank the Battlefront series to exist. :p

But yeah the PSP just seemed like a waste and the games seemed pretty crummy compared to console.

All I want....Is a Competent Star Wars titled Multiplayer Game that DOESN'T Suck, Isn't too Story Driven, and isn't too childish....all on the Consoles and PC.....Is that too much to ask for....really? You ever noticed ever since the PS3 and 360 came out there hasn't been a Star Wars Game that fits that criteria? It's like they said....you know what "Lets not capitalize on a thriving market...and instead just make crap, slap the Star Wars Title on it, watch the fools buy it based off of name value...." What are they scared or something? What did they forget what sequels are? They probably did.

I pray this First Assault, Isn't what I think it is (Vita Title)....and hopefully could possibly be....what I've been looking for, for so long.

Edited by CassusVerda

All I want....Is a Competent Star Wars titled Multiplayer Game that DOESN'T Suck, Isn't too Story Driven, and isn't too childish....all on the Consoles and PC.....Is that too much to ask for....really? You ever noticed ever since the PS3 and 360 came out there hasn't been a Star Wars Game that fits that criteria? It's like they said....you know what "Lets not capitalize on a thriving market...and instead just make crap, slap the Star Wars Title on it, watch the fools buy it based off of name value...." What are they scared or something? What did they forget what sequels are? They probably did.

I pray this First Assault, Isn't what I think it is (Vita Title)....and hopefully could possibly be....what I've been looking for, for so long.

Well for the PS3 / 360, graphics took the priority with many games over stories....can't wait to see what happens with the PS4 / 720 in the next few years.

Hell I only have a few games for my PS3....and I got it years aog..that;s how bad games have been to me for console. If it wasn't for SWG, STO and TOR I'd be bored out of my mind.

First Assault.....sounds like some crappy Handheld Title or some Online Flash Game.

Lol, this is exactly what I thought - I'm not expecting anything decent here. God knows why the cancelled BF3, the had already developed most of it by the looks of the

. Fans where practically begging for this game, it would have flown of the shelves. :(

Current gen consoles have really been unforgiving to the Star Wars franchise. I don't know what they totally lost in that transition between gens that they can't make hits like KOTOR or Battlefront anymore. Even now, all we can really get anyone excited about on these boards are sequels to these titles that will never come out. No new innovating additions to the series (we'll see about 1313).

Lol, this is exactly what I thought - I'm not expecting anything decent here. God knows why the cancelled BF3, the had already developed most of it by the looks of the
. Fans where practically begging for this game, it would have flown of the shelves. :(

Pandemic was dropped, that was why it got cancelled this more "recent" time.And yes, BF3 was past Alpha even and more of the textures had been done (look at the leaked gameplay trailer that has been on youtube for a couple years).

Battlefront 3 and Rogue Squadron 4 were the two Star Wars games I was most looking forward to and by far the biggest disappointments when I heard they were cancelled. Would love it if First Assault turned out to be either of them.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlh_sfOM-z0

From what I've seen from the recently leaked pictures looks like it might be a spiritual successor to Battlefront. The Promo picture has Storm troopers in a firefight with Rebels. So far it looks like it will be an Xbox live "arcade" game which is cool .....for me (360 Owner) :rak_03: I hope this is real and we will see where it will go in the coming months.

Edited by CassusVerda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlh_sfOM-z0

From what I've seen from the recently leaked pictures looks like it might be a spiritual successor to Battlefront. The Promo picture has Storm troopers in a firefight with Rebels. So far it looks like it will be an Xbox live "arcade" game which is cool .....for me (360 Owner) :rak_03: I hope this is real and we will see where it will go in the coming months.

Hmm nice find there.

I'd rather LA just get a new team to finish up BF3 though seeing that is was virtually done and pretty much just needed texturing.

One thing i was always kind of afraid of was another Star Wars FPS coming out (Battlefront 3 or not) and being HEAVILY compared to other mainstream shooters.

This is kind of why i will yell and scream "NO" at the people that go "LOL EA AND DICE SHOULD MAKE SWBF3 WITH THE FROSTIBTE ENGINE SO COOL SHINY GRAPHIX ROFL!"

I just don't want to see a Battlefront that embraces these mainstream changes just so it can compete with other shooters.

You can keep your damn killstreaks, perks and whatnot.

One thing i was always kind of afraid of was another Star Wars FPS coming out (Battlefront 3 or not) and being HEAVILY compared to other mainstream shooters.

This is kind of why i will yell and scream "NO" at the people that go "LOL EA AND DICE SHOULD MAKE SWBF3 WITH THE FROSTIBTE ENGINE SO COOL SHINY GRAPHIX ROFL!"

I just don't want to see a Battlefront that embraces these mainstream changes just so it can compete with other shooters.

You can keep your damn killstreaks, perks and whatnot.

BF3 was pretty much all the BF series combined and GoW effects added into it haha.

What I want in Battlefront 3...or most likely First Assault is the Ability to melee, The Ability to mod your weapon with scopes and sights, and The Ability to customize your armor or outfit, though not to the point where you look like you don't even belong in this unit like say your supposed to be a snow trooper fighting on Tatooine.

Also....the freaking Gatling Cannon isn't fired over the shoulder but instead underhand like in this game.