Sooooo... Midi-chlorians?

Elemutation

Yes, yes, I know Midi-chlorians are the bane of most SW fans' existences, but I'm just curious, are they a part of the old republic? at this time period, is anyone aware that they exist? Are there any Plagueis-esque experiments being conducted? And, most important of all, what are the MC counts on beings like Revan, Nox, or Vitiate?

Good question! In my experience with 5 of the 8 class quests being completed, the word has not yet arisen in a single of those class stories' dialogues (from what I recall). Any word from those who've played Jedi Knights, Smugglers and Troopers if Midi-Chlorians are mentioned at all or perhaps on a random side-quest a player has completed?

Good question! In my experience with 5 of the 8 class quests being completed, the word has not yet arisen in a single of those class stories' dialogues (from what I recall). Any word from those who've played Jedi Knights, Smugglers and Troopers if Midi-Chlorians are mentioned at all or perhaps on a random side-quest a player has completed?

Haven't played trooper, but knight and smuggler do not.

From forged alliances, the force using classes reference Lana teeming with the force (paraphrase), so they obviously could sense it in others, without the need for a blood test.

*points shotgun at the OP*

We don't tolerate that word 'round here...

In all seriousness, it's implied that the Sorceror Corruption Healer is using the Dark Side to manipulate midi-chlorians into extending life spans (I.e. Healing).

I think midi-chlorians are the one thing that went over worst than Jar-Jar (which I never understood the Jar-Jar hate, he was obviously meant for the kids), and thusly we never hear mention of it after the first movie, which likely only had it as a way for George to say Qui-Gon figured out Anakin's power level with that.

Which, I think he could have used Luke's mind trick from the novel, which I thought was much better.

Midi-chlorians, like our own mitochondria, are not part of the hosts genetic blueprint, so all inheritance of force-sensitivity would be (most likely) through the mother. I doubt this is taken into account in any of the SW works.

Half of the Shans are a testament to that.

Midi-chlorians, like our own mitochondria, are not part of the hosts genetic blueprint, so all inheritance of force-sensitivity would be (most likely) through the mother. I doubt this is taken into account in any of the SW works.

Well, since it's Luke and Leia's father who had the force and not Padme who wasn't force sensitive, then I doubt it's from the mother sort of thing.

Then Theron wasn't force sensitive and his mother was, breaking the idea that one inherits it from the mother.

Well, since it's Luke and Leia's father who had the force and not Padme who wasn't force sensitive, then I doubt it's from the mother sort of thing.

Then Theron wasn't force sensitive and his mother was, breaking the idea that one inherits it from the mother.

Padme was Force Sensitive. I believe Return of the Jedi says so.

I like to think that's why she died in Revenge of the Sith- she was using the Force to kill herself from heartbreak.

Padme was Force Sensitive. I believe Return of the Jedi says so.

I like to think that's why she died in Revenge of the Sith- she was using the Force to kill herself from heartbreak.

I don't recall anything mentioning their mother was force sensitive and she never showed it in the movies.

Edited by SithKoriandr

That is what I said, examples of inheritance of force-sensitivity contradict the biological concept of midi-chlorians as "microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things". As a separate life-form, they are not coded by the hosts genetic blue-print, but separate organisms. They would likely inherit from mother on child though the egg cell, considering the normal count is 2000, force-sensitives have 5000 or more (25000 for Anakin), sperm-cells are 3-5 um, egg-cells 120 um and mitochondria about .5 um. There's just not a enough room in sperm-cells to carry many additional organisms, let alone thousands of them.