On "Need" loot rolls.

You must be very new to this game. Welcome to The old Republic, you have one of the the highest registration numbers I have seen so far 6,329,218. It fills me with joy that you still not have experienced the downside of the lootsystem, but believe me you will in the future.

Keep up the good work and always communicate with the group you are playing with if something is unclear :tran_cool:

Been playing this game for a bit over a month, actually, but did SWG for quite awhile followed by a WoW stint from Lich King til just after Cata. Thus far I have had mostly positive group experiences - a few negatives, but that happens. Honestly, I just don't care that much - if a player is willing to loot in a way that gets them on too many ignore lists to even get a group anymore, then fine.

So they ninja the chestpiece that I did the run for in the first place. IMO, so what? I'll just run it again, I'll have an easier time finding another group than they will - I'm heals, after all;)

Can't remember the last time I queue'ed for a HM FP :( I used to do it everyday but now it is like.... You either get:

1. Ninja Looter

2. 'Gotta get it done in 10 minutes so I can afk on fleet 'Leroy

3. Wrong Role/Doesn't know Role

4. Elitist Jerk that will kick you for the SMALLEST mistake.

:(

Well Im in luck then I got none of the options above exept forthe first time I got some dps rolling as healer . Never meet a ninja looter in a HM FP. Never meet a that rushy person but afks do happends but thats like irl playes a big roll. Never meet on a elite that kicked me directly after one mistake or never got kicked at all in all my days but I have meet one jerk that couldent understand that this is just a game ones and that was a long time ago back when I first started tanking HMs.

Been playing this game for a bit over a month, actually, but did SWG for quite awhile followed by a WoW stint from Lich King til just after Cata. Thus far I have had mostly positive group experiences - a few negatives, but that happens. Honestly, I just don't care that much - if a player is willing to loot in a way that gets them on too many ignore lists to even get a group anymore, then fine.

So they ninja the chestpiece that I did the run for in the first place. IMO, so what? I'll just run it again, I'll have an easier time finding another group than they will - I'm heals, after all;)

I agree with you, when you loose your name then you have nothing to loose. ;)

My experience is also that 4 of 5 people clicks need because they do not realize the gentlemen's agreement on looting, it is not innate knowledge when you start MMOs.

Well Im in luck then I got none of the options above exept forthe first time I got some dps rolling as healer . Never meet a ninja looter in a HM FP. Never meet a that rushy person but afks do happends but thats like irl playes a big roll. Never meet on a elite that kicked me directly after one mistake or never got kicked at all in all my days but I have meet one jerk that couldent understand that this is just a game ones and that was a long time ago back when I first started tanking HMs.

I've never been kicked either, but I have seen people kick other people for next to nothing. I've seen people in SM OPS need on EVERYTHING (being a healer but needing a tank relic AND the dps relic at the same time). I was trolled by 3 guildies because I guess that is the thing to do to people.

I've seen Healers and Tanks fight over NOTHING. I've seen DPS rage and yell over running ahead and dying.

I've been playing since Jan 2012, and the good does outweigh the bad, but since F2P, and reading the forums, it seems to have become a very scary sight indeed.

Just a question on "need" loot rolls. Do you roll need when the loot matches your class or when it matches your class and spec? For ex. two Bounty hunters/Troopers #1 is Tank specced for the FP #2 is DPS specced for the FP. The item being rolled for is a major upgrade for both of them (Primary stats Aim & Endurance. But the secondary stats seem to be more towards the DPS. Can the Tank still roll a "need" since its an upgrade and can equip it?

I understand general rules like always greeding for loot rolls for companions but , Class vs Class & Spec seems to be a grey area for me. Met people on with varying opinion on both sides.

Ex. of arguments ive heard on both sides.

"Field Respecs make it so you can change your specs" -Class

"The Loot Roll Item is tailor made for the spec I'm running for the FP. Secondary Stats matter." Class&Spec

"Some people like to DPS with a little added endurance and defense." -Class

" Why would you roll on something when it's off spec for you?" Class&Spec

" The Primary stat is still an upgrade for me and I can equip it " -Class

The problem is, with the introduction of legacy gear and being a way to gear alts coupled with the fact the higher tiers are just tokens to be used on any item. Now people will need EVERYTHING just cause they can use it for alts now its getting bad, in my guild for example uses DKP (I hate it with a passion) and because of this it is extremely hard to gear up in DG. I really hope they change the legacy gear transfer system cause as it is I have to buy the gear to get any 63's or 61's that aren't BH. I am thinking of switching guild lol as I am very active and this system is very discouraging.

I've never been kicked either, but I have seen people kick other people for next to nothing. I've seen people in SM OPS need on EVERYTHING (being a healer but needing a tank relic AND the dps relic at the same time). I was trolled by 3 guildies because I guess that is the thing to do to people.

I've seen Healers and Tanks fight over NOTHING. I've seen DPS rage and yell over running ahead and dying.

I've been playing since Jan 2012, and the good does outweigh the bad, but since F2P, and reading the forums, it seems to have become a very scary sight indeed.

My point is that I have experienced maybe 2 of your points when it commes to HM FPs but very few times then Ifcorse I can add ragequiters after first wipe for someone going into the first group of mobs by mistake or due to lag. When it commes to OPS so far I have never needed anything from there everything is crap! :p so I havent paid attention on what the nwebis are picking and I never cared but I do know noone have ever complaind. I have been hearing this about need and greed as an issue fro a long time even long befor f2p. This really have nothing to do with BW this have to do with people being jerks! Whatever one do there will alway be a jerk/idiot to do something other people will come to complain about and there are so many more things that needs to be done befor. So the complains about a useless lootsystem will only delay BW from giving us the updates we want the most bth small and big ones. I cant see why people can be so ignorant and not think about that really.

There are other lootsystems that I know about you can roll and the teamleader will give the one with the higest roll the item. I have never tried it myself atleast not beeing the one taking care of the rolling but it do look like the leader can choose to give it to someone else that could use it more and he is the one deciding who is the jerk and who is the idiot around. Ofcorse this would work as best if it was a guild run or a fair person sitting behind the leadership of the group. I think there is a third one too. People will never b happy. Im just glad to know that things are comming into SWTOR. Many updates and stuff we know will come but not when. many may have lost hope well then just take a break and come back later it will come. New lootsystems may be comming that we dont know about but just think of the guild capital ship that will come sometime in the future AWESOME! :D

We dont know when but it will come and still there will be many things added in between and after and as new ideas is still comming then they will never be a issue in updating the game ;). Yes there are bugs but hey give it few years. I dont care if it takes 5 by then it will be a new game that I will enjoy ;)

Now I know I went out of the disscussion. but there are different complains about everything might aswell put everything I need sayed here and hope people are reading here.

Now the issue here is looting? Everyone says or few people says they run to it all the time I say I ran to it minimum times and I dont open complains about people turning a system where there is nothong wrongwith just people being jerks. Run the fp again another time ;) I do get my BH-comms after all :p

• 1 year later...
Just do like a lot of other mmos do: if it's a piece with your class' stats, only you and others of your class can roll. I've had people roll time after time on gear that is not for their class. It's getting really old.....

Just a question on "need" loot rolls. Do you roll need when the loot matches your class or when it matches your class and spec? For ex. two Bounty hunters/Troopers #1 is Tank specced for the FP #2 is DPS specced for the FP. The item being rolled for is a major upgrade for both of them (Primary stats Aim & Endurance. But the secondary stats seem to be more towards the DPS. Can the Tank still roll a "need" since its an upgrade and can equip it?

If I'm on a tank (which is most of the time) and a dps piece drops that I can use for offspec I ask if I can "need" roll for my offspec gear. So far no one had any objections to that.

In cases where a dps has rolled "need" on said item, I don't even bother asking and just hit greed or pass.

Edited by slafko