Loot Toggle and Gear Drops

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I have seen quite a few posts since Onslaught launched regarding intended loot drops for characters, especially as it relates to the loot toggle. First, let me do a quick recap on exactly how loot is determined for your character (or the selected toggle) and then I have some specific details I will need for anyone experiencing “bugged” loot drops. For the remainder of this post anytime I refer to you, your spec, etc I am always referring to either what your current Advanced Class and Discipline are, or the role you have selected, as the behavior is the same based on either.

• Stats – One thing that may not be clear about stats is that they effectively fall into two buckets, tank and non-tank. Tanks will receive their respective stats (Defense, Absorb, etc). Healers and DPS stats are mostly similar so they are in the same bucket currently.
  • Set Bonuses and Tacticals – These are quite a bit more simple than stats as these should always drop for your current character and should always drop items usable in that spec. Keep in mind that usable by your spec means base class and general sets also. Ex: You are a madness sorc, it is intended that the system could drop an Inquisitor set for you (even if that specific set may seem more useful for a healer, it is a base class set usable by all Inquisitors)

Now, the place that things get a little complicated is that although the game targets drops specifically for your character there is one situation where it doesn’t and that is anything that counts as a world drop. The most likely place this would happen is on any non-boss NPC kill (there is a very small chance that bosses can drop a world drop as an extra drop). Every other place you get loot; boss kills, Renown Crates, Conquest Crates, Missions Reward crates (such as from PvP or Heorics) will all always drop loot specifically for you. This means that it is possible to get items not for your spec, but that only happens from the rarest place those items drop (standard world drops).

If you are receiving an off-spec item based on the information above, that is likely a bug. With that in mind, here is the information I need to help the team investigate the issue:

• Your class role and spec?
  • Your toggled role (if different)?
  • Current item rating?
  • Where did you receive the item?
  • Exactly what item did you receive?

Please be as specific as possible when providing the above details and thank you in advance for the information. I am already grabbing this information from the other relevant threads where these details are provided, just want to get it one place for investigation.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your class role and spec?

Telekinetics Sage (DPS)

Your toggled role (if different)?

Current Discipline (Telekinetics)

Current item rating?

Where did you receive the item?

Conquest Crates (guild target reward)

Exactly what item did you receive?

Revitalized Mystic's set for Seer (Heals) - Robe, Lower Robe, and Belt

Each week that I complete my personal conquest target, I get another piece of that healer set from the guild target reward (large crate twice and medium crate once).

I also have Empowered Restorer's Boots (Heals again) and Endless Offensive Lower Robe (proper drop for my spec), but I don't remember where those came from. So 1 out of 5 set piece drops was for my spec.

I have been receiving off spec loot on my toon most of the time, while trying to farm Master Mode Flashpoints.

I have been playing an Operative/Scoundrel (have mirror class) and have been running with a friend playing Assassin/Shadow to farm Master Mode flashpoints. I have been running as Concealment, however I have my loot toggle set to Medicine to try and get healer gear. I am iRating 306 already and just trying to farm for tacticals/mods/enhancements. For tactical drops, most of the drop has been for either Concealment or Lethality (Received 5-6 of them).

For actual gear drop, I am still receiving a LOT of gear with Accuracy in it. Normally healing gear does not contain any Accuracy gear and I was expecting to receive Alacrity/Critical gear, however there seems to be no difference between heal/dps spec toggle.

However when running on my alt with tank spec toggled, the gear drop seems to be correct. The Tactical drop still doesn't seem to take loot toggle into account. I would receive dps tacticals (spec specific) even when I have tank spec toggled.

Hey folks,

I have seen quite a few posts since Onslaught launched regarding intended loot drops for characters, especially as it relates to the loot toggle. First, let me do a quick recap on exactly how loot is determined for your character (or the selected toggle) and then I have some specific details I will need for anyone experiencing “bugged” loot drops. For the remainder of this post anytime I refer to you, your spec, etc I am always referring to either what your current Advanced Class and Discipline are, or the role you have selected, as the behavior is the same based on either.

• Stats – One thing that may not be clear about stats is that they effectively fall into two buckets, tank and non-tank. Tanks will receive their respective stats (Defense, Absorb, etc). Healers and DPS stats are mostly similar so they are in the same bucket currently.
  • Set Bonuses and Tacticals – These are quite a bit more simple than stats as these should always drop for your current character and should always drop items usable in that spec. Keep in mind that usable by your spec means base class and general sets also. Ex: You are a madness sorc, it is intended that the system could drop an Inquisitor set for you (even if that specific set may seem more useful for a healer, it is a base class set usable by all Inquisitors)

Now, the place that things get a little complicated is that although the game targets drops specifically for your character there is one situation where it doesn’t and that is anything that counts as a world drop. The most likely place this would happen is on any non-boss NPC kill (there is a very small chance that bosses can drop a world drop as an extra drop). Every other place you get loot; boss kills, Renown Crates, Conquest Crates, Missions Reward crates (such as from PvP or Heorics) will all always drop loot specifically for you. This means that it is possible to get items not for your spec, but that only happens from the rarest place those items drop (standard world drops).

If you are receiving an off-spec item based on the information above, that is likely a bug. With that in mind, here is the information I need to help the team investigate the issue:

• Current item rating?

Please be as specific as possible when providing the above details and thank you in advance for the information. I am already grabbing this information from the other relevant threads where these details are provided, just want to get it one place for investigation.

-eric

Just saw your post, I will reply in detail when I wake up with the info you require (it’s 4.34am here)

• Current item rating?

Class Role: Jedi Guardian

Spec: Focus (DPS)

Toggled Role: Focus Guardian (Not "Current Discipline")

Current Item Rating: 306

Location Item was Received: Veteran Mode Operation, Annihilator Droid XRR-3 (First boss of Eternity Vault)

Exact Item Received: Lord of Pain Gauntlets (Guardian Tank set bonus)

Note that I was the only Jedi Guardian in the operations group; The only tank in the group was a Jedi Shadow.

Sith-Warrior, Juggernaut, Tank

Current Discipline (Tank)

Current item rating?

OP Boss / FP Boss (both many different ones)

Barrels. Lots and lots of Barrels

- Operative (Burst-DPS)

- Sniper (Engeniering)

- Current Discipline

- Current Discipline

Current item rating?

- OP Boss / FP Boss (both many different ones)

- OP Boss / FP Boss (both many different ones)

- Hilts. Lots and lots of hilts

- Even more hilts

I should state, that I'm not the only one, where barells are dropping on force classes and hilts on tech classes.

An other Operative in my raid-group and a merc in my guild have the exact same problem

And that, at the moment, I'm using the same armour (right and left side) for all my DPS-Chars until they have a full setbonus. But can't really think that this would be the problem

Edited by Gamemaron

Deception Assassin

Current item rating?

Was somewhere around 242 as i was progressing the story on a lvl 70 toon

The Nathema Conspiracy FP, the one that advances the story, so playing solo with Lana and Theron with me, i think it was either with the 2 optional bosses or on the droid one, don't really remember which one.

Hm i think it was a ear piece, not sure, but it was a piece for the left side of my character that clearly had tank stats while playing on a DPS character.

I have been receiving off spec loot on my toon most of the time, while trying to farm Master Mode Flashpoints.

I have been playing an Operative/Scoundrel (have mirror class) and have been running with a friend playing Assassin/Shadow to farm Master Mode flashpoints. I have been running as Concealment, however I have my loot toggle set to Medicine to try and get healer gear. I am iRating 306 already and just trying to farm for tacticals/mods/enhancements. For tactical drops, most of the drop has been for either Concealment or Lethality (Received 5-6 of them).

For actual gear drop, I am still receiving a LOT of gear with Accuracy in it. Normally healing gear does not contain any Accuracy gear and I was expecting to receive Alacrity/Critical gear, however there seems to be no difference between heal/dps spec toggle.

However when running on my alt with tank spec toggled, the gear drop seems to be correct. The Tactical drop still doesn't seem to take loot toggle into account. I would receive dps tacticals (spec specific) even when I have tank spec toggled.

Even as an Operative Healer I keep getting stuff with accury, which I don't need at all. And I get it from all sources, drops, crates, everywhere. Even buying at that one Vendor on the fleet.

From the explenation above... does this mean because healer and dds fall into the same group this is ment to happen and will keep happening?

Every other place you get loot; boss kills, Renown Crates, Conquest Crates, Missions Reward crates (such as from PvP or Heorics) will all always drop loot specifically for you. This means that it is possible to get items not for your spec, but that only happens from the rarest place those items drop (standard world drops).

I would like to declare that based on the above, the game loot drop system has become Skynet and is doing what it wants! :eek: I will start keeping a record of all the random crud that's not spec specific to my lightning inq.

Hey folks,

-eric

I think this may be the issue here. Set bonuses are divided by general, base class, and advanced class. They are listed this way in the patch notes, and I suspect in the loot tables as well. As such the loot drops of set pieces would NOT take loot discipline into account except when filling in the mods.

Tacticals are divided by general, advanced class and discipline, so I'm guessing the same issue isn't happening with tacticals.

Edit: A couple of examples from this thread:

Telekinetics Sage (DPS)

Current Discipline (Telekinetics)

Revitalized Mystic's set for Seer (Heals) - Robe, Lower Robe, and Belt

Each week that I complete my personal conquest target, I get another piece of that healer set from the guild target reward (large crate twice and medium crate once).

I also have Empowered Restorer's Boots (Heals again) and Endless Offensive Lower Robe (proper drop for my spec), but I don't remember where those came from. So 1 out of 5 set piece drops was for my spec.

Class Role: Jedi Guardian

Spec: Focus (DPS)

Toggled Role: Focus Guardian (Not "Current Discipline")

Exact Item Received: Lord of Pain Gauntlets (Guardian Tank set bonus)

I'm guessing this isn't so much a bug as a design oversight. While there are set bonuses that seem to be obviously for healing or for tanking, the set bonus shells don't seem to be divided by discipline, therefore people expecting DPS gear are getting set bonuses for healing or tanking and vice versa.

Also should note that I'm not sure how much this should change, as there are set bonuses that while intended for DPS are better choices for tanks than the tank set bonuses according to theorycrafters.

Edited by Lowarro

Tank

• Your class role and spec? Vanguard or Powertech Tank
  • Your toggled role (if different)? Tank
  • Current item rating? 282 and 278 respectively
  • Where did you receive the item? Any Crate (Conquest, Renown, Flashpoint weekly reward, etc.)
  • Exactly what item did you receive? If an offhand drops it will be for any class, any spec. I've now seen all the possibilities from these two, including tech and force shields, vibroknives, shotguns, blasters, generators, focuses, and sabers. Shotguns and vibroknives more commonly than others. If moddable, they also come with
    tank mods and enhancements. Non-moddable ones have been tank, dps or heals.

Healer

• Your class role and spec? Commando or Mercenary Healer
  • Your toggled role (if different)? Healer
  • Current item rating? 292 and 284 respectively
  • Where did you receive the item? Any Boss Personal Drop, Any Crate (Conquest, Renown, Flashpoint weekly reward, etc.)
  • Exactly what item did you receive? If a loose enhancement drops, about 80% of the time it will be one of the enhancement types with +accuracy, then about 10% +critical and 10% +alacrity. If a loose Lethal mod drops, 50% of the time it will be a "B" variant.

UPDATE: Healer

• Your class role and spec? Commando Combat Medic
  • Your toggled role (if different)? Healer
  • Current item rating? 292
  • Where did you receive the item? HM TFB 1st boss, HM TFB 2nd Boss
  • Exactly what item did you receive? 1xVersatile Hilt 77 first boss, 2xVersatile Hilt 77 second boss.

Edited by TerraStomper

Sample #1

• Sith Assassin, (DPS) Deception

[*]Your toggled role (if different)?

• Same As Spec

[*]Current item rating?

• 306> My iRating >295

[*]Where did you receive the item?

• Master Mode Read Reaper FP, (multiple runs. solo)

[*]Exactly what item did you receive?

• Out of Band Boss loots: Severance Pay (Hatred) Twice, Ward of the Continuum (Darkness)
    • In Band boss Loots: stimulated / preserver armor sets
    • absolutely nothing specific to Deception, ever.

Edited by Void_Singer

Eric, it was fortuitous that you posted this last night because when I logged in today, my prepaid had run out and I had no intention of resubbing

I have seen quite a few posts since Onslaught launched regarding intended loot drops for characters...

If you are receiving an off-spec item based on the information above, that is likely a bug

-eric

I will be adding my wifes as well to save her time

This "bug" has happened on multiple characters, classes and specs

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll start with the tank gear received on DPS

Deception Assassin(S) DPS

Rage Jugg DPS

Arsenal Merc DPS (these drops were the most baffling)

Tried using the "current setting" for our different characters

Tried using the toggle specific setting (made no difference)

Deception Assassin (for sins)

Rage Jugg (for Jugg)

Arsenal merc (for Merc)

Current item rating?

iRating is and was i306 for 90% of our Assassin Drops and 100% i306 for Jugg & Merc (its been 4 weeks now, so its hard to know exactly many we got when we weren't irated 306 for the Sins)

Flash Points (both mater mode and veteran) -

* Red Reaper,

* Korriban Incursion,

* Mandalorian Raiders,

"new" Corellia both Story and veteran (this is where my wife's merc got Preserver's gear)

* Cademimu

* Weekly master mode loot box(s)

* Weekly veteran mode loot box(s)

* Renown Box (s)

Here is a list and numbers for both of us. We mostly got these on our Deception Sins, but some on rage jugg and the Merc

Set Bonus gear

* Preserver's Chest Guard x 3

* Preserver's Guantlets x 3

* Preserver's Armguards x 3

* Preserver's Greaves x 2

* Preserver's Boots x 3

* Preserver's Belt x 2

* Trishin's Retort Belt x 2

* Trishin's Retort Greaves x 1

* Trishin's Retort Gauntlets x 2

* Trishin's Retort Armguards x 1

Tactical's

* Ancient Tome of Wrath x 4

* Ward of the Continuum x 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Healing gear on DPS

Lightning Sorc (s)

Tried using the "current setting" and Lighting toggle

Current item rating?

iRating 306

"new" Corellia Flash point

Empowered Restorer Headgear x 1

Empowered Armguards x 1

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Other info. My wife and I only play together. we are in a group of 2 and not running public queues.

We played our Assassins grouped together

We played our Merc, Sorc and Jugg together

Let me also add that we mostly get 302-304 stuff now in flash points and we are both i306 rated. Out of a Red Reaper run (MM and Vet), on average we may get 2-3 pieces of i306 and 13-16 pieces of 302-304.

The 306 stuff we get is mostly unmoddable or a mod/enhancement.

PVP experience is even worse.

At iRated 306, I get mostly 292-298 irated (purple) gear drop from wins and most daily and weekly crates.

(I am not the only one experiencing this)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

If you require anymore info or screen shots, please ask.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think this may be the issue here. Set bonuses are divided by general, base class, and advanced class. They are listed this way in the patch notes, and I suspect in the loot tables as well. As such the loot drops of set pieces would NOT take loot discipline into account except when filling in the mods.

Tacticals are divided by general, advanced class and discipline, so I'm guessing the same issue isn't happening with tacticals.

I'm guessing this isn't so much a bug as a design oversight. While there are set bonuses that seem to be obviously for healing or for tanking, the set bonus shells don't seem to be divided by discipline, therefore people expecting DPS gear are getting set bonuses for healing or tanking and vice versa.

I think that is the issue as well - it seems to work like this (and yellow clarification would be grand):

• toggled LOOT DISCIPLINE (only) determines what mods, enhancements, hilts, barrels, ears, implants & relics you get
  • SET BONI & TACTICALs are dropping as intended by their defined SOURCE (listed in the patch notes) - meaning it doesn't really matter what loot discipline you choose, you will get the sets that are supposed to drop from that content (i.e. the 2 healing sets for sages/sorcerers from conquest crates, the 2 DPS sets for sages/sorcerers from operations) - and to get a drop that is not source specific (like a DPS set for sages/sorcerers from conquest crates) is abysmally low, like 0.0000000001%

item rating range, because there is no difference:

258 - 288

set loot rules:

the spec i'm playing with

classes and specs:

- lightning sorc with lightning loot rule

- madness sorc with madness loot rule

- madness sorc with lightning loot rule

- corruption sorc with lightning loot rule

- curruption sorc with curruption loot rule

- tk sage with tk loot rule

- balance sage with tk loot rule

---

- hatred assassin with actual specc rule

- hatred assassin with hatred loot rule

- serenity shadow with serenity loot rule

---

- sawbones scroundrel with sawbones loot rule

class specific loot, not matter from what source,

so conquest crates, renown crates, others :

- as a dps sorc/sage i always get healer gear

- as a heal sorc i get totally random stuff, never got any class specific

- as a dps sin/shadow i always get tank gear

- as a heal scroundrel, i always get dps gear for scroundrel or gunslinger

- i get random stuff, not relating to anything, it is totally random

some examples:

yesterday i played a serenity shadow, doing heroics and dailies.

out of renown crates, i got mostly 272 gear instead of 288s and

mostly barrels or sniper rifles as weapons, no lightsabres. at the end

i got a crate from the conquest reward with tank gear and random useless stuff

when you told us before the update, that there is no such thing as luck,

this was just not true. also your internal system, not getting the same loot

on and on, is not true. i got 5 barrels in a row i don't need.

when i'm playing a healer and get dps gear with accuracy, i don't need it.

and when the majority of loot is with accuracy and mostly not mod-able,

this is just annoying.

when i'm playing a dps spec and get a set item for a tank spec or a healer

spec, this is useless, because i can't benefit from it, because i don't have these

skills with my spec.

at the moment it seems, that all you said before the update, about the new gearing

system, was just a lie. of course it is not your fault.

• Current item rating?

First I'm going to preface my response by saying I just returned to the game after many months away and this gearing system is a convoluted hunk of junk. Still:

- Arsenal Mercenary

- Same toggled role

- Spoils of War Vendor, Imperial Fleet

- 2 x Unidentified Offhand Weapon = Generator

I have only received loot exactly as Eric described. As I read the thread almost everyone seems to report situations that exactly fit what Eric described and where loot is working as intended (but is suboptimal for quality of life and gearing speed for particular cases).

I play many characters and barrels dropping for force classes is not an issue for me. I get how it would be improvement for many players though and I would support a change so that no longer happens.

Potentially separating DPS and Heal gear so healers do not receive accuracy would be a similar improvement. I would however use it to focus farm more crit/alac enhancements over what I can do today, not sure if that is intended overall.

Class Role And Spec: Juggernaut Immortal

Current Item Rating: 280

Where did item drop: Boss drop - Hammer Station Master Mode

Item Received: Resistive Barrel 76 -282

This has happened a couple of times i.e. got a barrel drop on my juggernaut

Every other place you get loot; boss kills, Renown Crates, Conquest Crates, Missions Reward crates (such as from PvP or Heorics) will all always drop loot specifically for you. This means that it is possible to get items not for your spec, but that only happens from the rarest place those items drop (standard world drops).

It seems that items dropping "not for spec" are frequent from Conquest Crates specifically in my instance, or there seems to be confusion about what the system is meant to drop. I very rarely get anything with a usable set bonus drop for my class and spec, mainly the general set bonuses (aside from unique scenarios, pretty useless for any class). I've also seen Offhand Generators drop from Renown Crates on an Arsenal Mercenary (useless drop), as well as Barrels drop on my force users from Renown crates (again, useless drop).

• Current item rating?

Sith Inquisitor / Lightning

Small Conquest Equipment Crate

Revitalized Mystic's Robe (Healer set bonus) / 304

Mercenary / Arsenal

The Victor's Headgear (General adaptive set bonus) / 304

Mercenary / Arsenal

The Victor's Greaves (General adaptive set bonus) / 305

Powertech / Pyrotech

The Victor's Greaves (General adaptive set bonus) / 306

Sith Marauder / Carnage

The Victor's Boots (General adaptive set bonus) / 304

Sith Juggernaut / Rage

Amplified Champion's Chestguard (General adaptive set bonus) / 304

So I'm guessing that's working as intended? Not dropping class specific set bonus gear? :confused:

Edited by Transcendent

Based on what you wrote Eric the system for dropping set bonuses is in fact behaving as it is designed. I will link http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9793934&postcount=9 to my last post where I concluded that it is actually working this way. No set is restricted by advanced class specialization, so while Preserver set is designed mostly for tanks, it is a generic set and will (and does) drop for everyone, including healers and dpses. Similar to that, the Juggernaut "tank" set Lord of Pain is not restricted only to Immortal, it is restricted to Juggernaut advanced class, so it will drop for Vengeance and Rage specs too. I understand that many players did not expect it to work like that, but (no matter what we think about it) it works as designed.

Please keep the sets this way without restricting them to one specialization only, otherwise you would severely restrict some non-meta builds, where it might be better to use dps set on a tank for running dailies, or tank set on dps for content like MM chapters or other mechanic-heavy fights. It would also prevent wearing many sets solely for 2-pc bonuses.

However, since general set bonuses drop for everyone no matter which alt they decide to play and that there are much more of them overall, it might help that they have less chance to drop than the base class sets and those would have a bit lower chance to drop than advanced class sets. Similar with Tactical items. That would help with people's expectation to get the item for the class they play without restricting anything. I don't know exactly how the drop system is implemented, but I would expect that when the item should drop (be it from boss or crate), the game rolls a number (lets say 1-100) and if it is lower than 50 then it drops an item specific for given activity (for example if it is a Conquest crate, it would be an item with Source: Increased drop chance from Conquest Equipment Crates.) and if it is higher than 50, it can be any item. It would be nice if the "any item" then could be weighted so that it would have percentages like 10% for generic item, 16% for base class item and 24% for advanced class specific item.

There is (in my opinion) an issue with tactical items, as some say they are restricted to specific advanced class specialization (for example Cut To Pieces is restricted to Vengeance Juggernaut only, as other specs don't even have Vengeful Slam this item modifies), however in game I can equip it on Immortal Juggernaut. The item is not greyed out. Because of that, when doing solo MM FPs on my Deception Sin (306 item rating with loot discipline either Current or Darkness), I got tactical items that are designed for Hatred spec that I never chose in the loot specializations. I suspect that drops from last boss will drop an item that is equipable for me, so if the tacticals would not be equipable, I would not get them. So the change should not be to droplist, but to the tactical item itself to respect the advanced class specializations.

Last week I got a drop from a FP crate with Focus offhand on my Immortal juggernaut instead of the usual Shield (306 item rating, current loot spec). Other drops were ok, so I am not sure if there still is - like it was mentioned in PTS patch notes - still an intentional small chance that player can get an item not suited for them, or if it was a bug.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the system has now bugged all world drops for my tank. Since hitting 75, 100% of such drops are dps and 0% are tank. Loot drops aren't random; they're directly opposite what I need 100% of the time. For someone going through story content, it means you don't level anymore.

Guardian defense

Defense

Current item rating?

Around 220

Any drop, 100% of the time

Only dps gear, never tank gear

Hey folks,

...snip...

...snip...

-eric

The question is whether or not sets that boost specific abilities tied to a specific discipline should be dropping for all disiplines.

For example, sorc / sage are all reporting getting healer set items when in dps discipline.

Sure, all sorc / sage can equip these sets, yet the set bonuses provide buffs to abilities that are only available to those currently in the healing discipline.

So would those be considered general sorc / sage sets, or should they be considered disipline specific.

Note that some tacticals do follow the rule of only dropping for spcific discipline when they only provide a benefit to skills and abilities available to that discipline.

More specifically - is it intentional that madness / balance and lightning / telekinetic sorc / sage receive sets such as Revitalized Mystic when that set specifically provides benefits to skills such as Innervate which are NOT available to madness / balance and lightning / telekinetic?

If this is intentional - its a failed system (and clearly weighted against players as I and other sorc / sages have gotten way more healing specific - as in only benefits someone in healing discipline - sets that generic or dps).

I mean all the filler generic and filler class generic sets are bad enough - but getting sets that only benefit one of the disciplines when NOT playing or selecting that discipline is terrible design.

Edited by DawnAskham

Class/Role

Commando, dps. Gunnery

Toggled Role

Gunnery

Current Item Rating

306 (but some of these loots drops have continued from 268 to 306)

Where did I receive the loot drops from

Everywhere. Conquest, heroics, renown boxes, dailys, pvp, fps (both vet and MM) and OPs (both SM and VM)

Trishin's Retort belt, helm, legs and boots. multiple hilts on a commando. The healer tactical HP-5 for healer commandos and mercs dropped off the last boss of the D7 VM fp, but I was the only commando and speced as dps and the loot drop was toggled to Gunnery (the other 3 were a guardian, sentinel and a sage, all dps but for the sage who was heals.) Also vanguard tank boots dropped off of the 5th boss of SnV HM, but there was no vanguard in the entire op, and there were two commando dps (me and another.) Also as mentioned by someone before, the pvp boxes are always dropping ratings that are 298-300, very rarely giving anything higher, same with the daily heroic boxes.

Another character

Class/Role

Shadow, Tank. Kinetic Combat

Toggled Role

Kinetic Combat

Current Item Rating

281 EDIT: actually was 278 when I wrote this post, but is now 281.

Where do I receive drops from

Renown boxes, pvp boxes, and MM fps drops and weekly boxes.

For the most part I have been getting "tank" gear, but there has always been a lot of barrels that are dropping and rarely any hilts. And same with the daily heroic and pvp boxes, dropping mods and enhancements in the 275-278 range, instead of anything higher.

EDIT: just had a pvp match that gave a box, opened it. a 278 earpiece (as per usual the pvp boxes seem to always give less rating.) and a 306 tanking tech barrel? On a shadow? with a rating of 281? I don't get it. I mean im VERY glad, but it makes literally no sense at all.

Also I would like to point out that when I buy from the gambling vendor (Spoils of War) the rating seems to always be higher and a upgrade, but when drops happing in content (but for MM fps and sometimes OPs) is always the same or much lower rating, including from renown boxes.

Also, since your reading this forum, I would like to point out that class specific set bonuses and tacticals are NOT being tracked by the achievements, only the general ones are. I have tried legacying them, using them, waiting for the timer to end, still nothing. Also randomly, the Imperial storyline achievement for Korriban is completely missing from the Flashpoint section. (Its 50/50. When it should be 100/100 just like the Tython one. Each achievement gives 50 points. Both are listed for the Tython flashpoint, but only the Republic one is listed for Korriban.)

Edited by Lakemine

LOL some of you are not reading - Eric's post CONFIRMS getting tank or healing set gear is WORKING AS INTENDED.

Read his post again - if the set item is for your class, it doesn't matter that is it useless for your discipline, it will still drop.

So don't expect to stop getting tank or healer gear on your dps characters.

That makes sense for dual spec classes, but what about gunslingers and sentinals? dps only classes? Can we confirm tank and healer gear are or are dropping for those? (Can not verify myself because mine are still lv70)

Also, this is just confirming why gamble gearing is universally hated. "Thrill of the Hunt" all over again. :(

Edited by Lakemine

That makes sense for dual spec classes, but what about gunslingers and sentinals? dps only classes? Can we confirm tank and healer gear are or are dropping for those? (Can not verify myself because mine are still lv70)

Also, this is just confirming why gamble gearing is universally hated. "Thrill of the Hunt" all over again. :(

The sets appear to be either generic for all classes or specific to a class, but not specific to a discipline.

There are generic sets available to all which provide benefits such as extra endurance and damage reduction - maybe not highly beneficial for a gunslinger, but certainly usable.

Then there are sets available to specific classes - which may not be beneficial for a specific roll / discipline (e,g, a set that boosts healing is not very useful for a dps discipline), but are usable by the class.

The only case I saw acknowledged as a bug would be something like getting a set item for sages while playing a gunslinger.

It does not appear that getting a generic 'tank' or 'healing' set item, or even getting a set item that benefits a different discipline / roll than the one played or selected for loot, is considered a bug.

Edited by DawnAskham