I LOVE TOR but why am I still playing it?

nsmmanut

Oooooook, this is simply a rant. Respond however you want I could care less. FIrst off, I LOVE this game. That being said, why the HELL do I keep playing it? Those questions seem very much at odds with each other, I know. I am trying to avoid being a hypocrite as much as possible, but I doubt I will succeed.

Its been about a year since this game was released. Alot of the original problems still persist ie: HUGE lag in Vaiken Spacedock, choppy screen lighting, bugged boss fights in FP's etc etc. They have weekly maintenance and it does almost nothing. Now, on top of that, we are seeing more and more sporadic downtime for " Server Maintenance " This is becomming a fast growing PILE of issues.

Now, I'm not going to start dissecting all these occurances and suggesting resolutions. What I am doing is simply stating that this game, as fun as it is NOW, could do so much better if the constant problems were the focus of the games development. Primarily, that is. I understand they need more end game content, that being said, will there still be a fair amount of players left in another year that will enjoy it?

Im probably beating a dead horse, but it just frustrated me to the point that I felt like venting.Agree with me or not, but I personally hope that at the very least, this game survives more than one more year. There has been a mass exodus of subscribers over the last 3 months, and I personally don't want to go back to Azeroth to beat up, what is it, pandas this time? Yea.... ;)

Anywho, just my two cents on it. Prolly wont get back to any of the responses on here, but I'll definately read 'em. I'm always interested in seeing how dumb I am, or how poor my sentance structure is lol. But yea, cheers all, and keep your stick on the ice.

Probably the wrong area to post that in, but nonetheless.

I agree with the post above, Star Wars is the only reason I'm still here. I've never been a fan of gear grinding type games, which is why I rarely play mmo's. I play this only because it's Star Wars. There is a lot of potential with this game, so lets hope it's met in the near future.

Edited by Pirana

Probably the wrong area to post that in, but nonetheless.

I agree with the post above, Star Wars is the only reason I'm still here. I've never been a fan of gear grinding type games, which I why I rarely play mmo's. I play this only because it's Star Wars. There is a lot of potential with this game, so lets hope it's met in the near future.

The same goes for me.

I agree with the post above, Star Wars is the only reason I'm still here. I've never been a fan of gear grinding type games, which is why I rarely play mmo's. I play this only because it's Star Wars. There is a lot of potential with this game, so lets hope it's met in the near future.

This post sums it up. It's great because it's Star Wars. It has potential for so much more because it is Star Wars.

For me it's because no other MMO has ever entertained me this much. I played Vanilla WoW up until BC and I never had as much fun as I do now.

The fact that it is star wars was actually a strike against it when it came out because I was going through one of my I hate george lucas and everything star wars sucks phases. But after watching "the People Vs George Lucas" and playing this game I remembered that Star Wars can be really awesome.

Now that we have an almost enteirely new development team and F2P coming out it will be interesting to see where this game will be headed.

I think we will end up seeing custimizable player interior ships aka player housing as its easy to make, and more importantly easy to monitze. The player housing has made a ton of money for EQ2.

• 2 months later...