New to raiding sentinel vs sage dps

Sentinel. Parses higher and you have the best raid buff in the game (inspire). Sage is still a good choice, but given as melee aren't being punished anymore, Sent is the best choice.

Agreed, I have a mara and a sorc DPS and the mara is infinitely better for new raid content.

The two advanced classes have different roles since one is melee and the other ranged. You should ask your raid leader what your team is lacking most.

I agree. i.e. Sentinels can parse really high, but a group with 2 ranged/2 sents would probably be better than a raid group with 4 sents

Depending on the fight, as my Sage I have out-parsed some solid sents.

I would ask your raid leader which is more likely to be needed. Sometimes, ranged is needed. In most situations, your sentinel will be of more benefit to the group. This is because not only do you do great dps, but you bring your armor sunder, Bloodthirst and Predation to the table.

For bloodthirst, have the raid leader group all DPS in the same group as you. That way, your bloodthirst will buff all their damage.

I would ask your raid leader which is more likely to be needed. Sometimes, ranged is needed. In most situations, your sentinel will be of more benefit to the group. This is because not only do you do great dps, but you bring your armor sunder, Bloodthirst and Predation to the table.

For bloodthirst, have the raid leader group all DPS in the same group as you. That way, your bloodthirst will buff all their damage.

Sunder is not a Sent/Mara tool. It's for Juggs/Guardians