Why d'you like Darth Marr ? (Chapter 9 spoiler)

Audoucet

Isn't this more of a chapter 1 spoiler? And I liked him because he was a total balance of cruelty and morality… he made a fine general for the Empire.

He's also not dead for me. I have him at level 46 Influence right now.

Ghost Marr friend with Satele is C9.

It is still murder in the Zakuul's knight regard. Plus she is willing to let thousands of people die when she is in the position to help. With the zakuul knight she has beaten him and took control of the situation and choking him at the same time and she wishes to kill him. With out the direct intervention of the PC she will plant the lightsaber into his chest.

I guess at this point we could have had our Jedi quote Agent Gibbs a bit.

"Lana! If you were going to kill him, you should have done it while he was running!"

You don't tend to call killing those you're at war with, murder. If it was a civilian, maybe, but that was a warrior of the enemy.
Still, he was no longer a threat, not even armed anymore, so killing him at that point could still be considered murder, even during war.

Still, he was no longer a threat, not even armed anymore, so killing him at that point could still be considered murder, even during war.

if I was Sith (and especially if I was in charge of Sith Intelligence) I'd call it, elliminating a threat.

Jedi let those defeated live, but a Sith realizes doing that, tends to have them coming back to try and kill you later. Which is what happens. :p

if I was Sith (and especially if I was in charge of Sith Intelligence) I'd call it, elliminating a threat.

Jedi let those defeated live, but a Sith realizes doing that, tends to have them coming back to try and kill you later. Which is what happens. :p

They didn't pose a threat, they're really more an opportunity for added amusement value :D:p

Edited by nimmerstil

Ghost Marr friend with Satele is C9.

I feel pretty sure this is foreshadowed at the end of an earlier chapter, maybe chapter 4 or 5, if I recall. I remember the cutscene with Satele Shan overlooking the Odyssen base talking to Marr wasn't the first time I had seen her in cutscene in KOTFE. I'm not certain if Marr was visible in the earlier cutscene of if maybe it was just his voice talking to her.

Its the voice...

Everything else is basically just him being a replacement Malgus.

I mean, everything he does is essentially in line with Malgus' view of how the Empire should be and why he rebelled.

Its like after getting him axed, they realised that his empire was actually a way more interesting one than Vitiate's "muahaha evuhl twirling of mustaches!" empire, then proceeded to continue the story as if Malgus had won but now wore all red.

Its the voice...

Everything else is basically just him being a replacement Malgus.

I mean, everything he does is essentially in line with Malgus' view of how the Empire should be and why he rebelled.

Except that Malgus tried to force changes by doing it the old way, the way he rebelled against - his coup was basically just another case of Sith infighting.

He's rational, logical, a good leader, and puts the needs of the empire first. He's not your typical insane, power hungry stupid Sith lord who only cares about himself. Simple enough.

This, in a nutshell. Even my LS5 Guardian can't help but respect Marr, even if they don't agree often. Marr is at least rational and not all ohh let's kill everyone and get power!