So now it is PvP for all?

Protoaloe

I thought this game was a choice of whether you play PvP or not. But now the game is PvP for all since other players can harrass you and kill you and basically you can do nothing about it because you don't even see who attacks you AND they get rewarded for it!

Supposedly you can spend all your money on medicine to prevent being 'poisoned' but a) it costs a fortune and b) it does not even help (supposedly "only for a 'short' time). I bought it, took it and five seconds later was poisoned and killed again.

But who am I to complain, all you get is insults so maybe I am in the wrong game. But people should at least get warned about it before they spend their money on the game or the subscription which I just paid a day ago!

But who am I to complain, all you get is insults so maybe I am in the wrong game.

Indeed, who are you to complain? Someone who was misinformed about the Rakghoul Resurgence event, complains without asking about it in the first place, creates a new thread instead of acknowledging her mistake in the first one, describes 2000 credits to get a vaccine for 6 hours as expensive and only working for a short time and on top of that even lies about its usefulness.

Go play another game please...

Edited by Phazonfreak

a) it costs a fortune and b) it does not even help (supposedly "only for a 'short' time). I bought it, took it and five seconds later was poisoned and killed again.

a. It costs 2k which is peanuts if you are over levl 10.

b. It cures you 100% if you have been infected. It lasts 6 hours if you don't die from something else.

If you are so strapped for credits that you can't afford 2k for a six hour prevention, I'll happily send you some.

Just by doing the story missions on the starter planet and looting the NPCs you defeat there, you should have 2000 credits for a vaccine. It lasts for six hours and will cure recent infections so if you bought something that "didn't work" you may have bought the wrong item. The Czerka injector only cures the womp rat disease on Tatooine for instance.

ETA they also do announce when the rakghoul event (when other players can infect you) is live, it's typically once every month or five weeks. That gives you warning to avoid the Fleet or the planet it's active on, if it's really upsetting you that much and you cannot afford the vaccine for some reason.

ETA again, did you apply the vaccine? It's not enough just to buy it. You have to click on it in your inventory to apply it to the character.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

a. It costs 2k which is peanuts if you are over levl 10.

b. It cures you 100% if you have been infected. It lasts 6 hours if you don't die from something else.

If you are so strapped for credits that you can't afford 2k for a six hour prevention, I'll happily send you some.

With newcomer status with thorn you can buy a relic for 5k and never have to pay for a vaccine again. This guy really just needs to get over himself.

2k is almost nothing in this game by now. You make so much more than that just running through your normal story. If you do anything other than the normal story missions, 2k for a vaccine will be a drop in the bucket.

Better yet, though, if you're so strapped for credits that you can't afford the 2k for a vaccine, just avoid the more common areas for infections. The spawn point at the fleet, the GTN, and obviously the planet where the infection is occurring (if you're there for story reasons, just hurry through the initial area and avoid the Spike). It's really not that hard to avoid, especially with SHs in the game to remove the need to go to the fleet for GTN use.

I'm glad somebody made this post, though. It wouldn't be a rakghoul event without somebody complaining about it.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

With newcomer status with thorn you can buy a relic for 5k and never have to pay for a vaccine again. This guy really just needs to get over himself.

LoL, I've been playing for years, I did not know that. I just find that really funny for some reason. Well there you go I may have to visit the fleet. :) Just been buying the vaccine every time. :D

I'd really like to know where the players like OP hang out so I can infect them. I'm not very good at that mission, as the fleet tends to be vacced out.

Where are all the stupid anti-vaxxers lurking?

Probably easier to catch them on the starter planets.

Probably easier to catch them on the starter planets.

Infecting people on the starter planet is what I would consider harassment.

Fleet is alright, there's the rak announcements everywhere so brand new players know that somethings up (and should have credits for the vaccine).

Th starter planet though? You do get new players in the game, and exploding on them without any warning is a really nasty thing to do.

Infecting people on the starter planet is what I would consider harassment.

Fleet is alright, there's the rak announcements everywhere so brand new players know that somethings up (and should have credits for the vaccine).

Th starter planet though? You do get new players in the game, and exploding on them without any warning is a really nasty thing to do.

The capital worlds would be a good bet. New players would have ample warning, since they have to go to the fleet first before going to the capital world.

I would also point out that you can also pick up the relic off the rep vendor for rather cheap and its reusable, just throw it on an out of the way quickbar. I think you do need a certain rep level. I do this more to avoid having to keep up with the stims because the stims themselves are very cheap.

LoL, I've been playing for years, I did not know that. I just find that really funny for some reason. Well there you go I may have to visit the fleet. :) Just been buying the vaccine every time. :D

Crikey ! Me too. I've been buying the vaccine also.

So, I guess maybe sorta, I'm glad the OP posted this.

I'd really like to know where the players like OP hang out so I can infect them. I'm not very good at that mission, as the fleet tends to be vacced out.

I always catch a few on the fleet. Directly at the arrival point. :D :D At least I always do the daily quest. Where do you actually see that you made 1000?

the best time to get em is at the start of the week, when it's busy, and usually at the gtn, or at the pvp mission returns. Both have a lot of people hanging around. You also get people in the cantina areas, but you can get a lot of hate messages from rp'rs when you explode on em. :eek:

OK to all here that replied:

So it is ok to have PvP in a non PvP section/choice in this game

So it is now a PvP game..............

I did buy the medicine and it did not help me - it states that it only helps limited time. So it showed me that limited time must be seconds because it did not help me. So if you have to pay for a medicine every few seconds 2000+ can add up to a hell of a lot.

Point is............the pvp-ing of people is harassment

regardless of medicines etc

And to keep on insulting another player I disgusting. But I maybe am really in the wrong section and have to try maybe the European section of the game. I was brought up to be polite - but heck, here I have to be careful not to be shot or similarly killied! BTW I am white and a Mormon, in case that makes a diference here!

And to keep on insulting another player I disgusting. But I maybe am really in the wrong section and have to try maybe the European section of the game. I was brought up to be polite - but heck, here I have to be careful not to be shot or similarly killied! BTW I am white and a Mormon, in case that makes a diference here!

I do't like playing a CHILDISH game, but have fun kids, make sure your mum changes your nappy regularly not to die of your smell

May the Force be with you,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I did buy the medicine and it did not help me - it states that it only helps limited time. So it showed me that limited time must be seconds because it did not help me. So if you have to pay for a medicine every few seconds 2000+ can add up to a hell of a lot.

If you read the buff icon after using the rakghoul plague vaccine it lets you know that it is good for 6 hours. The vaccine 1. cures you if you are already infected and 2. makes you immune to re-infection for 6 hours or until you die.

You can't die on fleet without going out of your way to find a high spot to jump off.

I don't know what happened to you, but it was not in any way 'pvp'. When it is rak week you buy a vaccine when you travel to fleet. It can be an annoyance, but it is minor and easy to avoid.

Point is............the pvp-ing of people is harassment

regardless of medicines etc

Its an event and its not even remotely pvp since getting infected doesn't kill you right away. Its just annoying, but its also incredibly easy to avoid people are are trying to explode for the achievement.

You're clearly buying the wrong item because the vaccine removes the rakghoul infection and makes you immune for 6 hours. Its only removed if you die.

No one is insulting you, though it seems to me you might be a troll.

I always catch a few on the fleet. Directly at the arrival point. :D :D At least I always do the daily quest. Where do you actually see that you made 1000?

the best time to get em is at the start of the week, when it's busy, and usually at the gtn, or at the pvp mission returns. Both have a lot of people hanging around. You also get people in the cantina areas, but you can get a lot of hate messages from rp'rs when you explode on em. :eek:

Thanks, that's very helpful. :D

See OP, some good came out of your thread. I've been looking forever for a guide to this sort of thing.