Personal Ship SH

Tragamite

I was wondering if would be possible to rewrite the personal ship that is recovered after your stint in carbonite ::spoiler:: to act like a SH, allowing you to place companions and a select few other items where you want them on the ship. You could change up what companions stay on your ship unlike the leveling ship that has the vanilla comps in selected spots. I just kinda think it would be fun to be able to personalize your personal ship some.

Personal starship customizations would be great, especially regarding companion placement. Exterior customizations would be nice too, but I think companions and the interior is a great place to start.

Yeah, exterior customizations would be nice but I think it'd be out of their reach since then you'd have to update the models to reflect different customizations. But something like choosing which companions go where and maybe even a change in the furniture here and there would be nice, barring a few exceptions of course since if someone gets rid of their holoterminal or mission console they won't be able to progress the story.

I've seen a bunch of threads wishing that our personal starship would become a stronghold once the class story is complete, that way there isn't any more companion interaction to worry about.

I love that idea! I always have.

The idea of customizing the exterior? That's pretty awesome, too. I'd pay CC/$$ for that.

Now if only we could invite other people onto our ships to fly with us. Right now, the personal starships are a solo-only location. I've never been a big fan of that. At least the guild ships are set up for group travel. (Thematically, I wish we took a shuttle down to the planet instead of an escape pod.)

Now if only we could invite other people onto our ships to fly with us. Right now, the personal starships are a solo-only location. I've never been a big fan of that. At least the guild ships are set up for group travel. (Thematically, I wish we took a shuttle down to the planet instead of an escape pod.)

We can. I know, because I've invited myself to my ship. Um. My primary account invited my secondary account. You might have to turn on the "allow same class in instance" option thingy on both accounts, but once you've got it all set up correctly, you can, indeed, all be in there, provided you enter the ship via a hangar. YMMV when jumping directly to the ship from the galaxy map / priority travel or by "join me in my instance" invitations.

We can. I know, because I've invited myself to my ship. Um. My primary account invited my secondary account. You might have to turn on the "allow same class in instance" option thingy on both accounts, but once you've got it all set up correctly, you can, indeed, all be in there, provided you enter the ship via a hangar. YMMV when jumping directly to the ship from the galaxy map / priority travel or by "join me in my instance" invitations.

We tried that in the past and it didn't work. We were able to enter the hanger together, but then we appeared on our own ships after using the ship airlock door.

Question -- Have you tried it lately, and more importantly, were the toons from the same class?

We tried that in the past and it didn't work. We were able to enter the hanger together, but then we appeared on our own ships after using the ship airlock door.

Question -- Have you tried it lately, and more importantly, were the toons from the same class?

A few months ago, and a mix of same-class and different-class.

EDIT: I'll check again tonight.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

A few months ago, and a mix of same-class and different-class.

EDIT: I'll check again tonight.

Thanks. I would absolutely love to figure this one out. We were all excited about touring each other's ships back before we had toons of every class and just couldn't make it happen. Maybe it's tied to whether or not the class story is completed?

Thanks. I would absolutely love to figure this one out. We were all excited about touring each other's ships back before we had toons of every class and just couldn't make it happen. Maybe it's tied to whether or not the class story is completed?

For different classes: I tried a Smuggler with the class story finished years ago and a Consular who's still only on (Pub) Taris, and it was no problem if the Smuggler went in first. The phase wall on the Fleet Smuggler hangar went blue for the Consular after the Smuggler went in.

For the same class: Two Consulars, one with the story long since complete and one (the same one as above) who's on Pub Taris. Again, no problem. Both have to have "Allow Access to Same Class/Personal Phases" turned on, and then whoever's first to go through the phase wall gets a prompt to create her (or his) own instance or join the other's instance, and if you create, the other will be asked to join his (or her) instance or the instance belonging to the other.

In both cases, once you get to the ship itself, I recommend that the owner goes first, and the non-owner(s) will get a message that he/she/they are being transferred to the instance owner's ship, and bingo, it's done.

There are a few oddities surrounding leaving the ship, and I didn't try with an ops group, but it *does* work.

• 4 weeks later...