Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, so we want get your answer on our questions in this topic.

Hope, you stop ignoring REAL problem of community instead of trolling in useless themes.

They said they are working on a real matchmaking system....honestly how many times do they need to post this information, Every month? Every week? Every day? Hourly?

They said they are working on a real matchmaking system....honestly how many times do they need to post this information, Every month? Every week? Every day? Hourly?

This game died before they introduce new matchmaking system... look at the population of pure PvP servers - all they are slowly decreased.

There are 4 month since f2p - so all f2p people already reach 50 lvl cap and found zero endgame with quite frustrated pvp cuz pug/premade problem and faction imbalance.

Hah, I think there will be huge fail with RofHC sales...

Here are some personal statistics over the past 3 days from solo pvp'ing on the Republic side of the Progenitor server. I used Recruit gear only at the start to see the incentive a new player will have. To see if he will keep playing pvp:

Played 38 matches over the course of 3 days:

Won: 4. Lost: 34.

Number of times queued against a premade (3 or 4 people from the same guild): 23

Number of times queued with a premade (3 or 4 people from the same guild): 2

Number of times lost against the Republic: 0

Number of times lost against the Empire: 34

Number of times won against the Republic: 4

Number of times won against the Empire: 0

Number of times grouped without a healer: 17

Number of times faced an enemy group without a healer: 1

Number of times faced an exceptional enemy group (4 or more players with War Hero title or above): 10

Number of times queued with an exceptional group (4 or more players with War Hero or above): 1

Number of times queued with an inadequate group (4 or more players in Recruit): 10

Number of deaths: stopped counting.

As you can see from this limited survery, queuing solo meant losing the overwhelming majority of the games (a ratio of 4-34), almost all of them against the Empire. I've been in 4 true PuGvsPuG matches and incidentally every single one of them was Rep vs Rep we won.

23 times ouf of 38 (all in Rep vs Imp) we faced three or more players from the same guild. On my team this happened twice but we lost those matches as well due to the fact that:

10 times out of 38 we had 4 or more people (!!!) in Recruit gear (myself included of course), whereas 10 out of 38 times we faced enemy groups where 4 or more people were sporting War Hero, Conqueror, Warlord etc. titles.

This was further compounded by the fact that 17 (!) out of 38 times our team did not have a healer. Only once was I in a match where I could not find an enemy healer to mark.

I did not exactly count how many times our group was utterly annihilated (0-6 huttball, 100-0% novare etc.) but there were a lot of instances where we could not hold a single node in Civil War. Coordination was ok, we always discussed tactics, 9 out of 10 times people called out inc but the general lack of healers AND the overall gear advantage enjoyed by the enemies AND the fact that 23 matches had 3 or 4 people from the same guild made sure that no amount of coordination would make a difference.

Look at the numbers and tell me why a new lvl50 would bother to play pvp again after this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facing premades more than half the time (23/38) was part of the reason we kept losing but not the only part. The drastic lack of healers wasn't helping either. And the fact that in almost every 3rd match or so we had 4 people in Recruit.

I haven't tried pvp as an Imperial yet. I'm curious to do some statistics when I hit 50 to see if it's easier to level up somewhat as an Imperial.

I've seen many opinions by many people (some say it's fine, the majority call for changes) but I think there is something very wrong with pvp if solo queuing means autoloss.

I agree with you and coming from a non-MMo back ground it's far to much work for too little reward. I started to learn strategy and how to key bind all the while getting, for the most part, kicked around like a tomato can and enduring the noob taunts. Currently, after a week of L50 play, sporting Champ. gear I am constantly matched against opponents I can't scratch and move as though they possess telepathy. Long story short, I have one month left on my sub, I'm selling the PvP gear and rolling mission based, if the group element in that proves unsavory I'll drop my sub, pray for KOTOR3. and play a non-MMo title. I'm into gaming for pleasure and immersion into the genre characters and world not, to satisfy somebody's lust for VW loot and not to work it like a part-time job whilst paying monthly for the privilege. I doubt this game would have lasted this long had it not been sporting the name of a beloved franchise. No wonder BW/EA went f2p, had to find more pigeons/cannon fodder for the "Elites" somehow. Maybe they'll re-edit Star Wars Ep2 with Yoda calling Obi Wan and Anakin noob f*gs for losing to Dooku. LOL Let the snark begin. Edited by amoreytonymorey
Error

This game died before they introduce new matchmaking system... look at the population of pure PvP servers - all they are slowly decreased.

There are 4 month since f2p - so all f2p people already reach 50 lvl cap and found zero endgame with quite frustrated pvp cuz pug/premade problem and faction imbalance.

Hah, I think there will be huge fail with RofHC sales...

I agree there should be a better matchmaking system, the premades are slowly discouraging players from queing up for pvp, the ranked ques are so long because BW is being very difficult about adding a cross server pvp que. Every major MMO including some that have been around for 10 years have one.

The problem is, bads will never get better if their first (and almost certainly only) WZ they get rolled by fully aug'd WH premades on teamspeak. The under-50 WZs do little to prepare the 'bad' for the facestomping Biofail has decreed he or she must submit to for a week or more just to have BM gear. True, you learn from failure, but the amount and magnitude of fail that this game requires you to submit to in order to learn (and, as importantly, gear up) is a little too steep.

^^^THIS^^^

The problem isn't really even premades, imho. If everyone were equal, premades would only be a minor annoyance, as they are in pre-50 pvp. The problem is that 50 PvP is so completely imbalanced, it just isn't fun for a new player to be humiliated over and over and over and over, no matter how skilled they are, just to compete. It is much more rewarding just to roll a new character and PvP through pre-50 WZs where you really are competitive right out of the box.

Premades are superior because the people who put the teams together recruit only the most elite players they can get, not because they possess uncanny organization or because their strategy, easily communicated using teamspeak, is so superior. They decimate their opposition because they are all uber geared up while their competition from the PUG includes people still in recruit gear, maybe 1 or 2 in EWH, and the rest somewhere in between. Yes, their communication would provide them with an advantage against a team without such communication, but not necessarily victory if the other team possessed equal gear all around. Gear is really the problem. You could even things out by having a matchmaking system that places teams against roughly equally geared teams, but then what is the point in even having all this PvP gear at that point?

Edited by Jjix

1. Stop whining for the love of god, holy ****.

2. Get a healer in YOUR premade, just message someone you think is queuing alone and ask if there's a spot? Nothing complicated there.

3. Get better with your own damn class. I've scored ~300k damage with recruit often and managed to get top of the leaderboards, AGAINST people with war hero? It's not THAT imbalanced, and it's easy to get full war hero.

4. BE SMART. Don't try to one on one people that are outgearing you, hit them from the back, line of sight, etc.

5. Another thing. Start stacking your comms and ranked comms for when you reach 50, that way you get... more than 5 pieces of war hero. Where's the problem with the "premades" ? Make your own and get better. Or keep feeding me kills :)

I find it sad.. That bioware is lossing the pvp community cause of imbalance/no match making facerolling premades.. Hope its true about the rumor that they are making changes in 1.8 is true.. But there is no official comments.. So it might just be false rumors.. Those bioware really wanna loss the pvp community? Maybe they should change it to a pve only game?

I find it sad.. That bioware is lossing the pvp community cause of imbalance/no match making facerolling premades.. Hope its true about the rumor that they are making changes in 1.8 is true.. But there is no official comments.. So it might just be false rumors.. Those bioware really wanna loss the pvp community? Maybe they should change it to a pve only game?

Change it to pve? They'd be *********** retarded to do that.

Why do people who don't actively try to improve the quality of their pug group complain about getting stomped. From that survey, all I really cared about was the part where you weren't a healer. Especially if you are pugging, why would you expect another person to go heals for you if you won't heal yourself?

Spoiler: the answer isn't that you're such an amazing dps that having you go heals would be a great disservice

I prefer and excel at Scrapper spec, but I end up healing on my scoundrel more often than not because I don't want to leave the group I'm in without a healer. Btw, saying that your class doesn't have a heal tree is invalid because your character selection did not only allow you to select Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior, and you AC Trainer did not have Commando/Merc, Scoundrel/Operative, and Sage/Sorc grayed out.

1. Stop whining for the love of god, holy ****.

2. Get a healer in YOUR premade, just message someone you think is queuing alone and ask if there's a spot? Nothing complicated there.

3. Get better with your own damn class. I've scored ~300k damage with recruit often and managed to get top of the leaderboards, AGAINST people with war hero? It's not THAT imbalanced, and it's easy to get full war hero.

4. BE SMART. Don't try to one on one people that are outgearing you, hit them from the back, line of sight, etc.

5. Another thing. Start stacking your comms and ranked comms for when you reach 50, that way you get... more than 5 pieces of war hero. Where's the problem with the "premades" ? Make your own and get better. Or keep feeding me kills :)

6: Augment your gear.

Why do people who don't actively try to improve the quality of their pug group complain about getting stomped. From that survey, all I really cared about was the part where you weren't a healer. Especially if you are pugging, why would you expect another person to go heals for you if you won't heal yourself?

Spoiler: the answer isn't that you're such an amazing dps that having you go heals would be a great disservice

I prefer and excel at Scrapper spec, but I end up healing on my scoundrel more often than not because I don't want to leave the group I'm in without a healer. Btw, saying that your class doesn't have a heal tree is invalid because your character selection did not only allow you to select Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior, and you AC Trainer did not have Commando/Merc, Scoundrel/Operative, and Sage/Sorc grayed out.

I see, the whole PvP problem is solved! Don't play unless you are a healer!

Not quite, don't complain unless you're willing to actively better your comp.

-10 internetz for bad reading comprehension

So don't complain unless you play a healer?

-10 internetz for making no sense whatsoever

So don't complain unless you play a healer?

-10 internetz for making no sense whatsoever

Actively bettering your comp includes going tank in huttball, combat sent is nice as well. Engineering/Sab spec in Novare is great. Really playing to a classes strengths in each match can make a full pug group strong.

You really aren't good at this........

Actively bettering your comp includes going tank in huttball, combat sent is nice as well. Engineering/Sab spec in Novare is great. Really playing to a classes strengths in each match can make a full pug group strong.

You really aren't good at this........

Yea, a single hero can turn the tide in a unorganized pug run :p

Dear all you people that cant find a group to premade with and complain about being roflstomped by premades.

Learn 2 play.

Yes seriously, learn 2 play. Its already annoying as hell seeing people doing stupid stuff repeatedly and making the team worse.

Even if your War Hero geared, you folks that complain still probably hit < 100k damage while going on the full offense because you suck.

You find 10-49 WZ fun because you can mindlessly do random **** and get away with it because 95% there do the same thing.

But in 50 WZ where wins are required for the weekly and to help speed the dailies doing random **** isnt a good idea.

Especially when people want their weekly and daily done, it doesnt help that your mindset is being herp derr random ****.

If you were trying to win as a group but lose then you should form a premade and do it often so you play better as a team and win. Oh wait did I break your stupid logic? my bad.

Yea, a single hero can turn the tide in a unorganized pug run :p

Who ever said a pug run has to be unorganized? The chat panel is a quick enough means of communication, unless you're fighting the fabled all-stealth zerg squad :p You're mistaking "bad player" and "pug". There are plenty of bad players in premades, and there are a lot of bad pugs, but that doesn't mean that all pugs have to be bad. Correlation =/= causation.

220 pages and the answer still eludes most of the posters.

Cross-server.

That's right. With that one simple feature, BW could segregate solo and group queues (solo queues would never see a premade ever again and premades would play against premades), they could could gear match solo queues (by tying Valor to gear level in a meaningful way), and they could have a ladder system in Ranked that actually works. You'd also dramatically reduce the number of players quitting WZs (I'd estimate conservatively by at least half).

So if you want to complain about something or blame someone for ruining your WZ experience, point the finger at Bioware for their shortsighted design and their inability/unwillingness to fix it. Demand change from Bioware, but hating on your fellow players for trying to make the best of a craptastic queue system isn't going to change anything.

Who ever said a pug run has to be unorganized? The chat panel is a quick enough means of communication, unless you're fighting the fabled all-stealth zerg squad :p You're mistaking "bad player" and "pug". There are plenty of bad players in premades, and there are a lot of bad pugs, but that doesn't mean that all pugs have to be bad. Correlation =/= causation.

The problem is that the source of the imbalance is not bad players or even lack of communication. It isn't even the absence of healers as you earlier suggested . . . it is gear imbalance, plain and simple. Of course, players who enjoy the success of premades would LIKE to believe its because of their superior skill -- social, tactical, strategic, or mastery of their class and understand of other classes -- and thus they come onto this forum and tell everyone to learn2play. But the reality is premades tend to be collections of players whose gear makes them elite, they then band together for the ultimate steroidal power trip. You see another elite player, you invite him to the group, and eventually you have a group of nothing but elite geared players reaping destruction upon anything in their path.

Give everyone the same gear, however, and really the whole phenomena of a group of elite geared players vs poorly geared players goes away, problem solved. Unfortunately, this won't happen because Bioware believes they need to have some system of reward in place so that players feel PvP is worth their time.

The problem is that the source of the imbalance is not bad players or even lack of communication. It isn't even the absence of healers as you earlier suggested . . . it is gear imbalance, plain and simple.

...players who enjoy the success of premades would LIKE to believe its because of their superior skill -- social, tactical, strategic, or mastery of their class and understand of other classes...

But the reality is premades tend to be collections of players whose gear makes them elite...

You see another elite player, you invite him to the group...

I lol'd. 11/10

Edited by SDTAXantos