Guardian tank vs vigilance dps

Vhaedros

So I ran into some oddness (for me at least) playing the game last night. I'm a founder, but quit playing a bit after release and I just came back to the game. I'm starting to level through the guardian story and I am enjoying it immensely, but I have one tiny hiccup. I have been in tank spec since I came back (currently lvl 48) and I figured since I was on the fleet I would switch up to vigilance to do some more dps while questing.

Is it just me being unfamiliar with vigilance ...but how did I do a LOT more damage as tank? Things are taking a lot longer to die than when I was in tank spec, and that just doesn't make sense to me. Is that normal?

Here is my referral link if anyone wants it :D

http://www.swtor.com/r/LQBRJc

Likely you dont know what you're doing in dps spec or something. I run all 3 specs. Vigi runs far higher damage than tank. Alternately, if you're facing super low enemies and feel the ramp up time is slowing you down (vigi is a dot spec) try focus, the burst spec. It has lower dps overall but more burst.

it basicly comes down to multiable things.

1) where you grouping the adds together as a tank. 2) are you reading your upgrades for each spec in the trees. 3) is your comp a tank,dps or healer.

All of those points will effect how fast your kill time in game, if you are grouping the adds as a tank then yes you will clear fast, if you are spreading your dots as dps and you comp is pulling them in as a tank then yes you will clear fast as well.

Guardians and Juggernauts are just monsters in general atm doesn't really matter what spec you are in but as it was stated eariler depending on your lvl and what mobs you are facing you will more then likely just be cutting through them to fast as vigilance so you arn't getting the ramp you need to really do your dot spread atm i find that on my jugg.

If you really want to see how you do on each spec i would reccomend you try a flashpoint as each to see how well you do as each one.