question about onslaught ending(?)

shadowdarc

so i recently got back into the game, hopped into onslaught. i played through fine, i chose to stay with the empire (as my character was marauder) without actually rejoining. eventually i got to the cutscenes with kira and scourge, with the transport that got lost. i did a quest called "Signal from Noise", it just said they'd join me and then i have no more quests to do? cant tell if im being thick or if thats the actual ending of the expansion for now, until they release another. (sorry if im being immensely stupid with this i havent played the game in ages so im hugely out of the loop)

That's it now you wait in anticipation with everyone and their tinfoil hats! I totally made a post on here asking the same thing about a month ago cause they wouldn't just leave the story hanging like that lol.

Edit: The Corona virus pandemic setback some stuff I think to do with voice recording they didn't get it all finished before it hit so they had to postpone it til who knows when. 6.2 is the patch your looking for with the new quest arc.

Edited by Bxvx

Edit: The Corona virus pandemic setback some stuff I think to do with voice recording they didn't get it all finished before it hit so they had to postpone it til who knows when. 6.2 is the patch your looking for with the new quest arc.

That's right. The voice recording studios are closed at the moment, so unless all forty eight(1) player character VAs *and* all the NPC VAs actually have studio-grade facilities at home, they cannot release fully-voiced content. I'm guessing the voiced content for the Swoop event was either recorded beforehand or recorded in NPC VA home studios (and they got lucky that all the NPCs were voiceable in KOTOR style)(2).

(1) Eight base classes, two sexes, three languages = forty eight VAs.

(2) Indeed, that might by *why* the event mission stuff was done in KOTOR style.

Things may have certainly changed since then with so many states seeing rising Covid numbers (California included), but Charles Boyd posted to their Twitter on 15 June that the next round of VA recording had begun.