Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

Edit:

I added these screenshots from the thread: NA Server Status 9:48 EST: Population Thriving!

That thread was created on February 18, 2012.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR4.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR3.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR2.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR1.png

Edit:

If you want to QQ about your supposed dead server, please visit the thread Server population is dropping

Edited by Azzras

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there!

Because the previous discussion has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've restarted with this new one for the community to discuss in.

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

The previous version may be found here.

Thanks!

Sigh.

I really wanted this game to succeed. I've been posting in anger on these forums since yesterday because of the amount of money I wasted on my CE. I cannot believe I dropped 150 bucks plus subscription on a game that I'll only play for two months total. I wanted so badly for this to be a multi-year adventure, but given the state of my guild, my server, and my own rapidly-waning interest in performing the same daily grind (get on, get 3 WZ wins, get 30 kills in Ilum, log), that simply will not come to pass.

OP, I don't believe your numbers are any more firm than if I were to say: 'well, all of the planets on my server were dead yesterday even during primetime, so the game must be failing!' A snapshot look at population will not convince me that the game isn't floundering, or is doing well, for that matter.

I can only speak from personal experience (as can any of us), but my guild, which was one of the largest on my server, is down to about 50% of the active membership we had 3 weeks ago. And it's not due to natural attrition either -- my GM is absolutely anal about following up on people who leave and why. Those who have left our guild aren't quitting for competing organizations; they're ceasing playing. One day they'll be an extremely active member who is on for five hours an evening, and the next, *poof,* they've utterly vanished.

That's not a sign of a healthy MMO. For the first five or so years in WoW, when somebody who was extremely active suddenly quit your guild, chances are that they had a better offer elsewhere, and felt like your organization was holding them back. It's called poaching, and while it's hardly a wholesome activity, it's a sign of a healthy game -- that people feel like they can freely move between organizations in order to achieve better personal progression. So in WoW, they didn't disappear; they just disappeared from your guild. In my experience, in TOR when someone vanishes, they're just gone. They haven't fled to some high-end guild (why would they need to? Even the NM mode stuff is facerollable); they've just vanished.

So, yeah, OP? I don't believe your numbers. I think your efforts are the work of somebody who is desperate to see this game succeed, even if it means lying to yourself and to others. My server, Jung Ma, is one of the busiest in North America, and while it remains a strong shower, I can clearly see a drop-off even there. The fleets are less populated; the leveling planets are virtually empty; Ilum isn't as busy. You can slip on those rose colored-glasses if you want, but just because you tell yourself repeatedly that 'everything is fine' doesn't make it true.

Edited by AJediKnight

Sigh. I really wanted this game to succeed. I've been posting in anger on these forums since yesterday because of the amount of money I wasted on my CE. I cannot believe I dropped 150 bucks plus subscription on a game that I'll only play for two months total. I wanted so badly for this to be a multi-year adventure, but given the state of my guild, my server, and my own rapidly-waning interest in performing the same daily grind (get on, get 3 WZ wins, get 30 kills in Ilum, log), that simply will not come to pass.

Sorry to see you go. We'll be here if/when you change your mind.

;)

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

Edit:

I added these screenshots from the thread: NA Server Status 9:48 EST: Population Thriving!

That thread was created on February 18, 2012.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR4.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR3.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR2.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR1.png

Not sure when you took those but it hasn't been recently lol.

One easy way to tell is theres no oceanic servers on any of those :).

Take a screen shot of tonights server list.

Not sure when you took those but it hasn't been recently lol.

One easy way to tell is theres no oceanic servers on any of those :).

Take a screen shot of tonights server list.

The OP has a date for it.

2 weeks agoish.

Edit:

And wouldn't a better sample be on the weekend during prime-time?

Edited by Azzras

2 weeks agoish.

Edit:

LOL then please, feel free to post one then. It won't look like the above. One of the highest servers was swiftsure, and they were basing it off having most of the players who are switching to oceanic.

There is already a site that tracks this though.

http://www.torstatus.net/

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

I don't think anyone wants the game to fail. BW still has time to turn it around. They are still either around 1 million or just over (my guess). So I would certainly say they have time to change things. The problem is that they have lost so many people. Those people tell their friends. Word of mouth gets around, you have people going to third party sites and posting bad reviews bad things about the game. New potential players see it, and they turn away from it.

I've canceled until I see 1.2. Based on it I will renew or just stay gone. I think there are quite a few others like that.

Edited by Tenetke

2 weeks agoish.

Edit:

It would and it would further my arguement that the game isn't growing.

Right now at this moment 4pm my time over half the servers are light.

I am guessing by primetime there might be a few heavy servers, maybe one or two might hit very heavy.

The Swiftsure 2-3 weeks ago used to have a que of an hour on weekends.

Now its light during the day and heavy during primetime on weekends.

That is a drop in population not increase.

And that was before oceanic servers

It would and it would further my arguement that the game isn't growing.

Right now at this moment 4pm my time over half the servers are light.

I am guessing by primetime there might be a few heavy servers, maybe one or two might hit very heavy.

The Swiftsure 2-3 weeks ago used to have a que of an hour on weekends.

Now its light during the day and heavy during primetime on weekends.

That is a drop in population not increase.

And that was before oceanic servers

4pm = people at work/school/food. And it's a weekday to boot.

:D

grats on second thread Azzras. Love you and all, but I want to kill your thread.

Die thread die!

Never expected it to go past 2 pages, really. It's not 'in' to say something positive anymore. :(

<3

4pm = people at work/school/food. And it's a weekday to boot.

:D

doesn't change the validity of my statement.

I could have posted the same thing at 7pm or 8pm and you would have said its a weekday.

I could have posted the same thing on saturday night and you probably would have some other reason why theres no one on lol.

Edited by Barracudastr

All that means is that more people have hit 50 and have nothing better to do than Warzones, Flashpoints and Operations. Since most of those involve being on the Fleet (at the very least to pick up dailies/weeklies), it stands to reason there are more people there.

doesn't change the validity of my statement.

I could have posted the same thing at 7pm or 8pm and you would have said its a weekday.

I could have posted the same thing on saturday night and you probably would have some other reason why theres no one on lol.

If you posted on a Saturday evening (around 21:00), I would have referred you to the screenies above and also looked at current server status.

Server population is not a big deal to me, but I grow weary of doomsayers and chicken littles.

Server population is fine on most servers.

I'm sorry if you rolled on an underpopulated server. Try out a more populated server that is active on your time schedule. Some servers aren't very active till some odd hours.

Just my 2 credits.

Edited by Azzras

grats on second thread Azzras. Love you and all, but I want to kill your thread.

Die thread die!

You know what, you need friends in here.

Incoming friend request to you good sir.

:)

Edit:

If for no other reason than you support full control space combat.

Edited by Azzras

Ever since the game launched, it's servers populations have fluctuated, one day you might be heavy/very heavy, the next you might be standard, the next you might be back to heavy, etc.

many people on lower populated servers have moved to others which has caused some servers to see a large jump, and others either stay the same or even shrink if they're one of the unlucky ones with a population jumping ship. Part of why people would start leveling characters on a different server -now- is because the Legacy update will be out soon, and they'll want an alternative option in case things go downhill on their original server. So they're leveling a character and gaining legacy, etc in case they decide to stay on the new server, or transfer to it when they're allowed to.

On the topic of the game -growing-, I think it's safe to say that it is in fact growing, but not with the momentum it was before, and just because people are not logging on as much right now does not mean they've canceled their subscription to the game. It's sort of a 'growth' period right now, many people waiting to see what BioWare will be offering with upcoming content and updates before they make a final decision. I know people who are doing this, many, actually but are all keeping their sub up for the time being. It's 15 dollars per month, and so many people have already invested lot's of time over the years supporting this game before it came out, and now that it's out have invested lot's of time in the live game.

I'm a little bit on the fence right now, I know that legacy will promote the playing of alt's but there's only so many classes in the game, and to do it for the sake of species combo's alone seems slightly redundant and like a gross over-estimation on peoples enthusiasm for that idea. I wish that the legacy system stretched across servers, since I have so many friends on different servers it's hard for me to continuously work on one legacy. I've got a level 50 that I raid with, and am starting a character on a friends server to play with them when I get the chance. I'd imagine that between my friends and myself thinking along these same lines, that many other people are too. I guess we'll find out on Monday?;)

Sorry to see you go. We'll be here if/when you change your mind.
It's Protus 2.0.

Creepy, really, and the most indicative of incoming massive failure.

EDIT: Troll's actual name was Protus-AoC.

Edited by Ansultares

Did you just refer to me as a god?

I'm flattered but fall very short of being a deity.

No, a diehard AoC fanboy who trolled AoC forums in support of the game.

I assume that's what you offered; Sunday peak.

And no, it's not better, because a game that's highly populated 2-3 hours a week, and moderately to sparsely populated the rest of the week, doesn't really generate that massive world feeling.

If you posted on a Saturday evening (around 21:00), I would have referred you to the screenies above and also looked at current server status.

Server population is not a big deal to me, but I grow weary of doomsayers and chicken littles.

Server population is fine on most servers.

I'm sorry if you rolled on an underpopulated server. Try out a more populated server that is active on your time schedule. Some servers aren't very active till some odd hours.

Just my 2 credits.

Not being a doomsayer at all.

I am just simply disagreeing with your statement "servers are growing"

From what I see day to day in both server status and in game is not a growing population but a dying one on several different servers.

That is all. Its you that is viewing what I am saying as being a doomsayer. I am not saying its leading to a flop or the game dying I am just saying it is not growing.

Not being a doomsayer at all.

I am just simply disagreeing with your statement "servers are growing"

From what I see day to day in both server status and in game is not a growing population but a dying one on several different servers.

That is all. Its you that is viewing what I am saying as being a doomsayer. I am not saying its leading to a flop or the game dying I am just saying it is not growing.

I wasn't very clear.

I wasn't referring to you directly as a doomsayer, I was referring to doomsayers in general.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I assume that's what you offered; Sunday peak.

And no, it's not better, because a game that's highly populated 2-3 hours a week, and moderately to sparsely populated the rest of the week, doesn't really generate that massive world feeling.

Wait, so you're saying everyone that subs has to be on all the time or the population is dropping?

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry that people's schedules may conflict with your.