Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DPS Gearing for 2018, Patch 5.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
DPS Gearing for 2018, Patch 5.6

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
01.23.2018 , 04:34 PM | #41
Yeah IDK about that one, but thanks I guess

Um, as for the crit build.. from my findings It CAN put out numbers. The problem with it is the lack of consistency.
It's probably capable of higher outputs than a full power build point for point, IF you run a hell of an RNG parse. HOWEVER.. it can also do REALLY badly if you don't crit your key abilities.

So I'm going to adjust the recommendation in support of a Power build purely because it's less RNG.

I also apologize to anyone that's been basing his Low Alacrity build gearing upon my recommendations so far, you're going to have to change a few things. Once again proves best way of learning is doing.. even for me
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
01.23.2018 , 04:58 PM | #42
I think I have it all sorted now. If you see anything not adding up let me know.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Yezzan's Avatar


Yezzan
01.27.2018 , 02:41 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I see no reason why I couldn't expect anyone to carry a set of both Accuracy and Mastery stims especially since the only reason to swap is when you go from PvE to PvP or the other way around. It's actually great because you only have to swap your stim when you change rather than screw around with multiple sets of gear.
Well, I had no idea people only queued for one single activity at a time; I don't. So, if that's the case then, I stand corrected.

I'm always in both queues; pve and pvp, while doing some other activity like dailies or chapters. Even if I am queued up for ranked, I'm still in the FP group finder, so whichever pops first, i go with. I thought that's what most people did, but I guess not.

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
01.27.2018 , 03:39 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
Well, I had no idea people only queued for one single activity at a time; I don't. So, if that's the case then, I stand corrected.

I'm always in both queues; pve and pvp, while doing some other activity like dailies or chapters. Even if I am queued up for ranked, I'm still in the FP group finder, so whichever pops first, i go with. I thought that's what most people did, but I guess not.
Because it's clearly quicker to change your set of gear once you're inside a warzone or a fp instead of just changing one stim, clearly changing that inside the warzone is the way to go if you don't want to lose time

Not saying you aren't right, I q for both activities myself, but it's way easier to just change one stim instead of planning two different set of gear for both PvE and PvP, especially since most of the players here don't have the time to grind two set.

And, quick reaction to an earlier post, you need more than 100% accuracy for PvP also, especially since there is so much tank around as well as a crap ton of defense/resist chance nowadays. You'll end up losing more dps by playing with 0 accuracy than you'll be gaining, even with the silly increase given by power or mastery augment/stim

And finally, the reason why you want to take the yellow stim for your accuracy setup is because the 110% accuracy using a mastery stim gives you... well, mastery and power, which you already have plenty with a full 248set. You'll be better investing into crit and alacrity directly. Accuracy stim give you this option to choose where to invest a big part of your non-accuracy stat, where the mastery stim doesn't let you much choice.


Just my two cent here
Eliadil - Deception Assassin Leviathan

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
01.27.2018 , 08:49 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
Well, I had no idea people only queued for one single activity at a time; I don't. So, if that's the case then, I stand corrected.

I'm always in both queues; pve and pvp, while doing some other activity like dailies or chapters. Even if I am queued up for ranked, I'm still in the FP group finder, so whichever pops first, i go with. I thought that's what most people did, but I guess not.
I don't think there are too many people doing that.

I either feel like pvping or i feel like doing something else.
But the amount of times i've used the pve group finder in the past 6 years can be counted on 1 hand.

I have no interest in small scale pve, never had. To this day I still havn't seen all the flashpoints.
The only PvE I've ever done has been with a prearranged group of players and it's all been 8/16man stuff.
I don't like playing with random people in PvE, it actually makes me want to uninstall.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Gigabolt's Avatar


Gigabolt
01.29.2018 , 06:28 AM | #46
ty for guide

when you say mastery and power you mean the passive ones or the ones you activate?

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
01.29.2018 , 09:43 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Gigabolt View Post
ty for guide

when you say mastery and power you mean the passive ones or the ones you activate?
The passive ones, Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault

Bonzenaattori's Avatar


Bonzenaattori
01.29.2018 , 11:11 AM | #48
Is mastery relic still best choice in terms of any build that discards crit low end and runs with mastery augments instead?

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
01.29.2018 , 12:54 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Bonzenaattori View Post
Is mastery relic still best choice in terms of any build that discards crit low end and runs with mastery augments instead?
Yes. Crit relics are unreliable and Alacrity ones (if those even exist?) are useless.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

-GateKeeper-'s Avatar


-GateKeeper-
02.01.2018 , 07:32 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Gearing is currently identical for both specs, which is rather nice for the flex players under us.

Please keep in mind that Earpieces and Implants also count as Enhancements,
since you can choose which stats are on it.


It also doesn't matter if you are using new or old augments.
The 2 stat difference isn't big enough to force a change in gearing.
You just get a bunch more Power and Endurance.

248 Hatred and Deception
In 248 you got 2 options.
The recommended option is that you go with the higher amount of Alacrity.
Reasons to go for the lower amount of Alacrity are explained below.



As for the Lower Alacrity version, there are 2 ways of doing this one.
One with 1617 crit and one with 1848 crit.
The lower crit one will provide you with more stable numbers, but is incompatible with PvP for its high accuracy.
The higher crit one will provide you with higher peak damage in case of generous RNG.






242 Hatred and Deception

In 242 you really only have 1 option. You can't reasonably reach the higher Alacrity Threshold.
And besides that if you're still gearing up I wouldn't worry too much about the Alacrity part.





Summing it down

  • Stats are listed by order of importance.
    However as explained in lower gear levels Alacrity isn't as big of a deal. Accuracy is, though.
  • Accuracy and Alacrity are here to stay.
    You should get at least some Accuracy and what I give you here is what I recommend.
    For PvP you could opt to drop one Accuracy augment for a Crit one. That's about as far as I'd go down with it.
  • Don't deviate from the Alacrity numbers unless you have a good reason to (Bad ping, not filling GCDs etc)
    The reason for this is that the amount of Alacrity I guide you to puts you past the threshold for a lower GCD.
    Getting any more or less will just hurt you. It either doesn't affect the GCD or it affects it in a negative way.
  • Get your setbonus ASAP. 6x 230 Armorings with set is better than 6x 248 Armorings without set.
  • You get more than enough Power from sources outside of the posted ones. You can't really avoid it in the lower alacrity 248 builds (which is why they are not so great) But you don't need more and you don't want more. Power is massively overrated. Leave it for what it is.



If you have any further questions I would like to redirect you to the Discord Server in my signature.
There are currently 150 Assassins and Shadows over there which will gladly help you on your way.
Returning player here. Which build is this for? Can you recommend any guides for PvP guides for Shadow/Assassin. Looking for rotational info as well. My old sources seem to be out of date or only partially updated.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can render !
"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
- Darth Bane to Zannah