The popularity of the races

Slowpokeking

As for the Imperial side my observation is

1.Human: No need to say

2.Pureblood: A lot

3.Zarbrak: They can play all classes

4.Chiss: Very popular in agents.

5.Twilik: Not many, they are pretty but you can only play inquisitor before legacy unlock them.

6.Rattataki: Very few

Edited by Slowpokeking

Republic Side, 90% of the player base are human Obi-Wan Kenobis

Imperial Side, 90% of the player base are red zabrak darth mauls

....this is what happens when you have little to no racial diversity in the game and have straight LOCK OUTS of certain races playing certain classes. SUPER dumb design. :rolleyes:

Edited by SOULCASTER

Just as a point of technicality... these are species... not races.

They are?

The technical difference is that species can't cross-breed. Humans can't breed with others?

I don't know, just wondering :-)

Edited by Yogol

Just as a point of technicality... these are species... not races.

well i wouldn't class cyborgs as races since they are more or less humans.

id say chiss are very popular for Bh and agents, agents especially since the voice i feel fits them like a glove.

They are?

The technical difference is that species can't cross-breed. Humans can't breed with others?

I don't know, just wondering :-)

With Sith: Yes, all the pureblood are human/sith hybrid.

With Zabrak: Yes, both Maul and Savage are human/zabrak hybrid.

Let me see:

My main is a Twi'lek Inquisitor lady.

My Agent is a cyborg.

My Bounty Hunter is a Human, because my smuggler was a human. (Legacywise they're twins :D)

And one of my Sith Warriors is Chiss, via legacy unlock, the other is pureblood. (only level 1 because I never play her)

Should I ever make a second Inquisitor I wanted to make him Rattataki, but for some reason

male rattataki sith inquisitors don't get the special slave brandings, unlike females. At least last time I checked....

What can you do, clichés work, so you see more of some combinations than of others.

And humans are the oone of the most popular species in almost every game, so no surprises there...

My main trooper is a mirialan, but I find it hard to want to make any of my other characters anything other than human. It doesn't change anything at all, other than for the most part unnecessarily limiting character customization with some of them (seriously, let me give my alien character's beards).

Hm....looking at my characters...

Republic:

Consular: Female Twi'lek

Trooper: Male Human

Knight: Female Miraluka

Smuggler: Male Human

Imperial:

Sith Warrior: Male Cyborg

Sith Inquisitor: Female Sith

Bounty Hunter: Male Cyborg

Agent: Female Chiss.

Extras:

Sith Warrior: Male Sith

Sith Inquisitor: Male Zabrak

Honestly, I'm not sure if I ever see myself playing a Rattataki or Mirialian

Republic Side, 90% of the player base are human Obi-Wan Kenobis

Imperial Side, 90% of the player base are red zabrak darth mauls

....this is what happens when you have little to no racial diversity in the game and have straight LOCK OUTS of certain races playing certain classes. SUPER dumb design. :rolleyes:

I don't see that at all. But maybe that's because the people I play with tend to have a bit more originality than a potato.

2x Sith Pureblood - Jedi Guardian / Sith Juggernaut. 1x Chiss - Imperial Agent. 1x Human - Gunslinger. 1x ted Zabrak - Sith Inq.

I agree that "Darth Maul" visual is very common. But that's isn't players fault. We have very, very limited options how to look like.

My characters:

Republic:

Shadow: Male Zabrak

Sentinel: Male Mirialan

Scoundrel: Male Human

Imperial:

Powertech: Male Chiss

Sorceror: Male Rattataki

Sniper: Male Rattataki

My next character, if I decide to re-sub, would be a Sith Pureblood Marauder. That would round out the characters I wanted to have.

My main is a Zabrak commando, mostly in honor of my old SWG character, though I think it fits well.

I have twilek scoundrel, as they are often part of the underworld... A zabrak sentinel, in theory he's my commando's brother.

My shadow tank is mirialan...

I kinda dislike humans but my powertech is (IIRC) human, but mostly because the choices were quite limited in that regard.

My sniper is cyborg (gotta love the eye implants/shades, they just fit so well for the sniper). I have, ofc, one sith pureblood inquisitor. If/when I'll make a warrior I'll probably buy chiss and make him that way.

I'll probably, sooner or later, make a miralukan guardian.

I don't care for rattataki at all and I, most likely, won't care about cathar either (not that races are important anyway, and sure as hell I won't make another character just to play a cathar. I'd make a Selkath guardian immediately though, or a Mon Cal anything :D)

Scoundrel: Male Mirialan (bodytype 1) - hispanic/caucasian face features (Main character, first)

Powertank: Female Rattataki (bodytype 3) - african face features (Other main)

Assassin: Male Inquisitor (type 2) - asian face features

Vanguard: Female Republic Zabrak (bodytype 3) - asian face features

Sniper: Female Cyborg (bodytype 4) - african features

Sentinel: Male Republic Zabrak (bodytype 4) - caucasian face features

Juggernaut: Female Mirialan (Bodytype 3) - my scoundrel's sister

When Cathar come out, gonna have a male Cathar sage and female Cathar commando.

Anyway as you see I like variety. I also like playing the least-played races. (My 2 geared mains are mirialan and rattataki.) I included face features because I think that's a good way to differentiate you from other players, not just by species choice. I've noticed most people pick the same few Caucasian faces for their characters. Also, very few people play female body type 3, but I really like it. I have 3 of 'em so far.

Edited by Stenrik

No one likes the green skin Mirlialans. :c

They are my favorite<3

Mine too! I have 2 green skinned mirialan chicks one JK and one JC but that is because I have a celebrity crush on Olivia d'Abo and she voices Luminara Unduli on The Clone Wars.

Edited by Foobert