If I'm banned on BF3 then I'm banned on TOR????

darthbored

Apparently if you're banned from ANY game on Origin, not just BF3 (thats just the only other game i have on Origin) it will ban you from playing ANY game on origin.

SOURCE: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/05/ea-origin-bans-update-edition/

They're also saying people have been getting banned just because a mod is having a "bad day". One person posts a cuss word, and another tells him to calm down in a snide way and that is the person to get banned.

So you're not in azeroth any more kiddies, you can be banned from WoW forums and still play the game. However here, dont get banned on ANY EA forums or games, or all of your games on that account will suffer.

That said is there any way i can make a new origin account and transfer this preorder code to it? I just dont want to risk losing my access to ALL the games on my origin account if im ever banned.

Edited by darthbored

edit: Okay so I guess we don't need origin for TOR, I stand corrected

I've seen a lot of people banned from BF3 who are completely locked out of their accounts. This has been happening for a while now actually, so yes, if you TOR account is linked to an origin account which is banned and completely locked form playing any form of game, I should [color="red"]ASSUME[/color] that you may lose access to that TOR account too, but we will just have to wait and see, I don't really intend on getting banned in the first place 

Edited by PlasticCupMan

all i can say is GOOD!

sick of ppl acting like morons/trolls bc its the internet and bc there are no consequences to their actions

maybe if more games did this instead of just bending over backwards for anyone who would drop a dime on their games, the internet community might be a little more stomach-able

but im just a dreamer i guess

If your account on any EA forum gets banned.. it affects ALL EA Games that have an online element.

This means.. if you're acting crazy on this forum and get your account banned.. you WILL be banned from SWTOR as well as BF3 as well as SIMS ONLINE, etc..

This is a newer system of accountability that they're using. This is also why, if you had a BF3 account for Battlog.. and you had to change your SWTOR Password.. your Battlog Password also changed.

edit: Okay so I guess we don't need origin for TOR, I stand corrected

Try logging in origin and seeing if SWTOR is there. Uh oh!

Apparently they know this account is tied to my origin account. Meaning yes you're tied to origin.

The fact that you dont need origin to launch tor is irrelevant.

i guess just make a separate account for each game you have. thats why im asking if theres any way i can get this account to a new origin account just to save myself the fear of posting anything. cause yes a mod can ban you for anything, even if they're having a bad day and just dont like your name. it happens.

I don't do anything in the EA community for the simple fact is that they are ban happy over there....get banned on forums? NO GAMES FOR YOU! Post a swear word on forums? NO GAMES FOR YOU! Make someone feel even slightly bad for the idiots that they are? NO GAMES FOR YOU! Its ban happy over there... Edited by Gondus

all i can say is GOOD!

sick of ppl acting like morons/trolls bc its the internet and bc there are no consequences to their actions

maybe if more games did this instead of just bending over backwards for anyone who would drop a dime on their games, the internet community might be a little more stomach-able

but im just a dreamer i guess

Until they realize a good chunk of them will re-purchase.

okok I'll be good now, or at least try to be good.

is there anyway to get banned and then cancel your pre-order because there is no point in playing for progression and server firsts and leveling up or having a fair chance at fun crafting the AH when items are in demand from release.

i bet if i got banned right now, and i canceled my order all i'd miss is an to pay for after the first 6 months lol... and the game wont even have as much class diversity or as technical of game mechanics as rift...

this game sucks and we are all refusing to cancel our order because they chose to purposely be inequal in the way they invited personal picks to the early access illegally in order to get a head start and get server firsts and best guilds with free reign on logging in and out of servers to create alts and stuff.

I thought Guild-Deployment was gonna be cool so that we could all just have our characters already spawned in the game together or something so we could level up and have fun, but instead u deserve to go to jail

This is a newer system of accountability that they're using. This is also why, if you had a BF3 account for Battlog.. and you had to change your SWTOR Password.. your Battlog Password also changed.

now that's why I couldn't log in...

Edited by Basilmaman