Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay this is the 7th or 70th time I have seen this post, who or what in the name of the Force are Grenkk and Sellexith????

2 NPCs found on Nar Shaddaa as part of the Nightlife event. Grenkk is at Club Vertica and Sellexith is at Star Cluster.

Agreed, plus the amount of coordination it would take with any 3rd party developers could be horrifying. And, if they coded it wrong, it breaks the game. I think we do well enough on our own there. But, definitely interested with improving the UI to make it easier for us healers...I mean for everyone. :p

I'm sorry, this is far from accurate.

Go look at how many addons there are for ESO. The ONLY time they ever cause issues is when the game is updated, then 12-24 hours later BOOM they all work again. Out of hundreds, if not thousands, of addons only one I can think of has ever been complained about as being close to cheating, and IIRC the way it sourced data has been changed to fix that problem. Last I played ESO I had over 70 addons, and I had only ever had issues once.

Heck even LOTRO has some QoL / UI addons.

This game desperately needs a dedicated Buff / Debuff tracker that has enough info to allow someone to just look and see what is happening, instead of having to mouse-over the Debuff / Buff just to have it randomly move in the display order.

There also needs to be a group aggro meter. Some classes have aggro dumps, but you only know you need to use it AFTER the fact, and that can be too late already.

All The Best

2 NPCs found on Nar Shaddaa as part of the Nightlife event. Grenkk is at Club Vertica and Sellexith is at Star Cluster.

I suggest you re-read this thread - properly.

The answer has already been given by another poster - a day or so ago.

All The Best

Good question. I'll have someone look into it, but certain exclusive pets will unlikely be made available.

Hello Keith,

exclusive pets that no one can obtain, are not exclusive. They are unobtainable. If you want to know what pets I mean, feel free to browse through the 58 pages of this pet thread.

I get that certain promo pets are supposed to be exclusive. The issue is with pets which one simply couldn't get, because something didn't work out as it was supposed to.

For instance, I bought the Origin pack and several cartel coin cards from various sources, because they were supposed to have "exclusive" pets. But there were other pets included or in one case, I got a speeder instead of a pet. The response from customer support was that it doesn't say anywhere except on Dulfy's that there should be a pet and they denied that there was supposed to be a pet. In other words, the pet in question was/is not obtainable, according to CS. Now go back to sentence one. ;)

Hey Kieth.. I know you are not ready to talk openly about server merges yes/no/when/how.... but I find it odd that the roadmap has absolutely nothing about this.

I think we all know it's a bridge that must be crossed sometime down the road (many feel now, or yesterday), but in the complete absence of anything from the studio.... the forum is generally just running a circular melee via discussion and it's not helping... it's inflaming via player on player opining.

Think you could include something about it in the next update of the roadmap?

But right now.. it would be nice if you would give us a rundown on the recent server farm updates/moves/changes that were made and what players can expect from them. Because in the absence of any clarity from you and the team.. players as just making crap up and tossing it at the forum walls.

Edited by Andryah

I was going to Post something else until I seen this post ...

Agreed, plus the amount of coordination it would take with any 3rd party developers could be horrifying. And, if they coded it wrong, it breaks the game. I think we do well enough on our own there. But, definitely interested with improving the UI to make it easier for us healers...I mean for everyone. :p

... @KeithKanneg ,

If you were to agree on making each Planet Open-World

OR

If you were to agree to at least expanding the Size of Each Planet's Map for more exploration

... would this be difficult with your ... " 3rd party Developers " ? or would this be easy-peasy ?

Or would another Team within the Company make it work ?

Edited by Vlanzche

Keith,

Any plans or would it be possible to reorganize the collections window. Since you are embargoing some items, could any items that are no longer accessible in game be removed from the armor, mounts, pets, sections, etc and be moved to a separate area such as the Special category and just name them "Unobtainable" or put a separate weapons, pets, mounts sub categories in there.

This way it will allow people who are collectors to get 100% for items that are available vs being stuck at 95% or other amounts due to items that are no longer obtainable.

I'm sure this has been treaded on but I wanted to drop my dime on this.

Keith,

Since your arrival to the team, Personally and collectively, a lot of hope was restored that this game would return to being a functional MMO. Your statements seemed to reflect that you understood this, and I personally enjoyed your ground level gamer feel. However, subs are not returning and that community wide hope is dying out because this game still is not a functional mmo. Now I won't blame Ben for 4.0 and the Cxp failure because EA has had enough time to course correct.

Let me get to the core question I have Keith: why did you guys decide to divert production to other aspects of the game BEFORE you finished the new operation completely?

My commentary on the question, regardless of your response if I receive it. You seem to be a knowledgeable MMO gamer familiar enough with the landscape to understand why WoW is still going strong at over a decade. Clarifying, it's two reasons; 1) playability (you can play it on a horrible system) but more importantly 2) every content update of the game comes with at least 1 new raid experience! Until EA commits to this formula, I don't see this game being a factor in the market any longer.

Hopefully you read this, I'm sure it's been said but I would like a reply.

Edited by dontbeswg

I was going to Post something else until I seen this post ...

... @KeithKanneg ,

If you were to agree on making each Planet Open-World

OR

If you were to agree to at least expanding the Size of Each Planet's Map for more exploration

... would this be difficult with your ... " 3rd party Developers " ? or would this be easy-peasy ?

Or would another Team within the Company make it work ?

It would open a Pandora box.

Every aspect of this game especially story, environments and gear has to be approved by Disney.

Now imagine if they allow players to add content to a SW world. You'd need battalions of people at BioWare, EA and Disney just to review all submitted content.

But before that you have to publish some development tools, build a platform to publish and deploy the assets and have a legal and finance department look into how they're going to make this work.

Technically you want like the game to be designed with this mindset from start otherwise... you can pray ;)

Edited by Deewe

Another idea...

Companion influence gain through crafting

At first I had high hopes for the idea. But from what I gather you don't get influence if you gather stuff in the wild and only from companion missions. This is really stupid. If I gather mats, I send my high ranking companions out, my rank 50s not some low levels.

Here is my suggestion that is much needed:

Either make it:

1. You get influence with your companions when you gather mats on planets.

OR

2. You change it so that when you gain influence by a mat gathering mission, it goes for all your companions not just the one that is send.

Has to happen. Its a useless benefit now.

It would open a Pandora box.

Every aspect of this game especially story, environments and gear has to be approved by Disney.

Now imagine if they allow players to add content to a SW world. You'd need battalions of people at BioWare, EA and Disney just to review all submitted content.

But before that you have to publish some development tools, build a platform to publish and deploy the assets and have a legal and finance department look into how they're going to make this work.

Technically you want like the game to be designed with this mindset from start otherwise... you can pray ;)

This was very Humorous to read. But you are Overthinking this:

~ When you walk to edge of the Exhaustion Zone .... what do you see ? Un-used Area. Because even if it says to ...

"Go back now" ... you are still able to walk over there. Literally, the same way how Republic Players Found a way

to enter " Mos ila " on Tatooine - yeah they died ... but Players could still get over there.

( i.e. Imperial Starting Zone )

Why would this be Difficult ? This MMO is the Highest Funded MMO - something other Dev Companies wished they had .... so what's stopping them ? And as far as I'm concerned there's no proof in your statement. And if you did .... well i did ask Keith, right ?

Back to the Point, this is seemingly, relatively Simple to do. You just add some sort of Landmark:

via Explore-able Mountain, Explorable Oasis, etc ... Just listen to the Audio Book of Tatooine Ghost for Example - those Depictions are " Crisp ". The Book is to just emphasis how there's more to a Desert than just the set-Limited Space. And Just to clarity ...

an Explore-able-Landmark - it will not be just for looks, a Player can ACTUALLY reach that area and explore - including Climbing. Explore what ?

The Desert has many types of Landscapes & Styles that Expresses that. ( Same goes for other Planets )

such as this:

http://orig03.deviantart.net/7844/f/2016/222/6/e/star_wars_fa_crash_01_by_xynode-dadbir3.jpg

Why can't we see things like this ? or things that was depicted in the Comics ?

Why keep Players Trapped in one Designated Area - it feels like a Cage.

Some players want to see whats out there, some want to explore & see what they can find .

What they find could be anything - Crafting Material, they could fall into a Desert Sink Hole, Climb mountains, Find a Mountain Cave entrance and find things in there, etc ...

Below are some examples

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F2O1UdcXyPg/TRnJKI8kKVI/AAAAAAAABSw/4ajv6AKC5m8/s1600/Mile31.7StantonCaveEnhanced_20080914_2839crop_resize.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f3/48/ea/f348ea289d2bd67a5b867b3fcc13d384.jpg

http://korrektivpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Desert-Cave.jpg

http://pre01.deviantart.net/abf1/th/pre/i/2013/129/2/6/desert_cave_by_blazex09-d64pu5l.png

https://leftcoastwanderings.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/p1010756.jpg

http://www.saudicaves.com/gallery2001/cave5.jpg

http://mithunonthe.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/cave-misfah-mountain-oman.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not asking for an entire Planet - the game file will be too big. But whats Currently there just feels limited.

Ever wonder why some Fans still play SWG emu ? because this MMO doesn't have the Elements that they liked in SWG - and this causes a split within the Community. You want those Subs back ? Then you're gonna have to fetch them back ; got to focus on the Community 1st - because " that's " where some of those Subs are at ( and possibly other MMOs )

(i.e Community >>> Content >>> Prospects )

And I'm glad it seems as though this Thread would be a good start.

Edited by Vlanzche

I'm not asking for an entire Planet - the game file will be too big. But whats Currently there just feels limited.

Ever wonder why some Fans still play SWG emu ? because this MMO doesn't have the Elements that they liked in SWG - and this causes a split within the Community. You want those Subs back ? Then you're gonna have to fetch them back ; got to focus on the Community 1st - because " that's " where some of those Subs are at ( and possibly other MMOs )

(i.e Community >>> Content >>> Prospects )

And I'm glad it seems as though this Thread would be a good start.

One of the things I LOVE about ESO is that Exploration is a major element.

You'll find resource nodes, lore books, quest triggers.

But you have to go off the beaten track to find them, and you have to explore everything.

In SWTOR its like a lot of the landscape is nothing more than a 2d backdrop - there to look at but never to touch, experience, explore.

And that is a shame.

I'd love for some of the missing companions to come back via exploration, and have the quest trigger randomly positioned.

Maybe a data-pad drops from a Pirate in an out of the way camp that there is no existing quest content in, or an Imp/Rep Officer has received a tip off. For example use the areas that have so far been quest areas for "the other faction" - the Rep bases we see that have no Rep content, but are there for Imp content for example.

My main is in a relationship with a companion that has not yet returned. Frankly he would not give a damn about Iokath until he finds her. If what is happening on Iokath risks the end of the galaxy he damn well wants to find her so if they must die they'll die together.

All The Best

Keith please give us some indication you are listening

I agree with this sentiment, the companion conversations in the original 8 class storylines was always something I really looked forward to. It was always a great way to develop romances, to get to know them and to help their in their little quests. It was such a unique and lovely feature which I do miss quite a bit in KotET and KotFE. The companions have lost their uniqueness a tad as they have become a little bit of interchangable furniture as someone pointed out in another thread, which is a pity. Having those companion conversations back would be great, especially as it could also enhance the romances a little bit as they are a bit... underdeveloped in my opinion in the two new expansions. You only get an interaction ever so often and you can't take things really serious with your partners, like marry Theron or Lana for example. I do miss that quite a bit, yeah.

I agree with this sentiment, the companion conversations in the original 8 class storylines was always something I really looked forward to. It was always a great way to develop romances, to get to know them and to help their in their little quests. It was such a unique and lovely feature which I do miss quite a bit in KotET and KotFE. The companions have lost their uniqueness a tad as they have become a little bit of interchangable furniture as someone pointed out in another thread, which is a pity. Having those companion conversations back would be great, especially as it could also enhance the romances a little bit as they are a bit... underdeveloped in my opinion in the two new expansions. You only get an interaction ever so often and you can't take things really serious with your partners, like marry Theron or Lana for example. I do miss that quite a bit, yeah.

Keith please give us some indication you are listening

The whole story has lost in uniqueness, that's why most people on play through it once. It's not "your" story anymore, it's the story of the "out-lander". Which is a fine story in & of itself, but not worth more than one play through. I'd love to see branching story paths, companion stories, & maybe the return of class stories if possible. That is after server populations are addressed anyway.......

Would people go through and play again if the story was amended with new paths instead of trying to build past it for a while? I mean adding in new dialogue, chances to use different companions, and making that "Companion remembers this" mechanics factor in more.

I guess what I'm asking is, if the devs patch the story in the two expansions, would people be content to work with them while they do that?

This was very Humorous to read. But you are Overthinking this.

You forgot the most important part, the fact that each new piece would have to be approved.

BTW SWG emu is on the edge. Disney can pull the plug, legally, whenever they want to.

It would be pretty neat to have your companion or mainly LI have conversations outside the main story! It feels a lot more personal. I did like seeing my companion matter more in the main story, which is what I found lacking in the vanilla story apart from the time you recruit them.

You forgot the most important part, the fact that each new piece would have to be approved.

BTW SWG emu is on the edge. Disney can pull the plug, legally, whenever they want to.

Doesn't defeat the fact that some Players are still Preferring SWG over SWTOR. This alone shows how much part of the Star Wars MMO Community likes those SWG's concepts - to go so far as to Play it even after it "officially" shuts down speaks volumes.

Same goes for Vanilla WoW Servers.

Edited by Vlanzche

Doesn't defeat the fact that some Players are still Preferring SWG over SWTOR. This alone shows how much part of the Star Wars MMO Community likes those SWG's concepts - to go so far as to Play it even after it "officially" shuts down speaks volumes.

Same goes for Vanilla WoW Servers.

I'd love a Vanilla Swtor server.. pre 3.0