Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

i swear this has been answered on pretty much every single page and about 30 times in this topic alone

if you kissed her you aren't glitched, finish act 1

also, for those not glitched and who have finished act 1, was there any difference in dialogue with kira at the end? Or rather, did any of it reflect a romance

thank you, i think

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware,

Are you still working on this bug? Will there ever be a fix for us JKs who have a broken Kira? Is this even anywhere on your radar?

We have heard nothing about this bug in a while. I'm starting to worry it is not going to be fixed at all, that this issue is being swept under the rug.

This is me hoping that next week's patch will have a fix. Or that a Dev deems us deserving of a little information about what's going on.

I had this bug too. I went ahead and bit the bullet and created my character on a different server just incase they do fix this and I can go back to my level 35 or 36 JK.

yeah, I had 3 reasons to create a jedi knight:

1. a melee tank

2. a jedi

3. Kira.

3 is broken (1 is a little dissapointing too), I finnished act 1, and until they fix the bug and I can advance my romance story with Kira, I will not play the jedi knight further...point 2 is replaced by my main shadow...

Edited by LanceGabriell

Definitely bugged. Finished Act 1 and no more new conversation options with Kira. :-( I am now stopping playing my JK. I am thinking about not playing the game at all until the bug is fixed, but I will probably dabble on an alt but I didn't want to do that until I completed my main's story. This sucks. Edited by Kodiak

I just finished the main story and without providing any spoilers, I can... WITH the Kira bug say that there is a very satisfactory part at the end for those who have the bug(romance-wise). You won't be disappointed, with or without the bug depending on what dialog choices you make in the last quest. I still wonder if more would have happened, but I can't say I am disappointed.

Just thought I'd share that. So you all can still level your toons just fine IMO. When the fix comes I am sure there will be more happy moments. So for those worried like I was about main quest related dialog issues, unless I'm missing something, all is well. Of course you'll have to wait for her quest and romance to be fixed for non-main quest related stuff with Kira.

There you have it.

Thank you so much for this... I've been teetering back and forth whether or not to continue on with my story or not. I'm at lvl 43 almost and I'm around 9k affection with Kira and this lack of romance with her is killing me. At least I know I can keep going and eventually get all that I desire lol ;)

They are currently testing a new patch to be implemented tomorrow, but it states that it's primary concern is the party/guild chat bug (another bug which I am experiencing).

I have my fingers crossed that this Kira issue will also be addressed in this patch. I simply will not continue my subscription if it is not addressed in a timely fashion.

Unsubscribing because you can't do your companion is going too far... Just wait till its fixed. I'm level 41 and worried about more issues, like for example Sentinels are the worst class in pvp...

Tank is sweet because you can go in and stand there and hit for like 1-2k a hit, and own. Although I've seen a lot of sentinals with good K-D ratio's and they do pretty awesome in PvP.

Off topic though haha

Bioware, please fix Kira... fixing her for new players only is not acceptable. I'm level 40, finished Hoth and have all my companions. Max affection with Kira, and still haven't received a single quest from her after The Defector. It's been too long with out an acknowledgement or update on the issue. I'm actually starting to get a little annoyed watching update after update be implemented, without any mention of addressing the bug. Edited by MichellMich

Bioware, please fix Kira... fixing her for new players only is not acceptable. I'm level 40, finished Hoth and have all my companions. Max affection with Kira, and still haven't received a single quest from her after The Defector. It's been too long with out an acknowledgement or update on the issue. I'm actually starting to get a little annoyed watching update after update be implemented, without any mention of addressing the bug.

ditto dude, ive stopped at lvl31 tho just incase her missions are spoiled or ruined from the main one. Its hard but i have been playing an alt, smugglers are fun to play and a nice change from melee. Im hoping i canresume my Jedi sometime in the next month tho.

ditto dude, ive stopped at lvl31 tho just incase her missions are spoiled or ruined from the main one. Its hard but i have been playing an alt, smugglers are fun to play and a nice change from melee. Im hoping i canresume my Jedi sometime in the next month tho.

I have high hopes that Bioware will do the right thing and fix the issue for ALL players. If they don't, or tell us they have no plans to do so... that would be enough for me to cancel my subscription out of principle. No long winded post about why I'm quitting, just straight up cancellation for poor customer service. If it comes to that, then I suggest everyone do the same.

Edited by MichellMich

I have high hopes that Bioware will do the right thing and fix the issue for ALL players. If they don't, or tell us they have no plans to do so... that would be enough for me to cancel my subscription out of principle. No long winded post about why I'm quitting, just straight up cancellation for poor customer service. If it comes to that, then I suggest everyone do the same.

They just won't fix it AND don't tell anything about it^^

Bioware, please fix Kira... fixing her for new players only is not acceptable. I'm level 40, finished Hoth and have all my companions. Max affection with Kira, and still haven't received a single quest from her after The Defector. It's been too long with out an acknowledgement or update on the issue. I'm actually starting to get a little annoyed watching update after update be implemented, without any mention of addressing the bug.

oh my goddess...this many pages on the issue? does anyone actually READ the patch notes?

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

This list of known issues was last updated on: January 4th, 2012

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

all of that comes from the patch notes..is a known issue..THERE is your ackowledgement. they are working on it. For future reference its under the known issues setting in customer service. and for those of you who are complaining about it you guys really should be ashamed of yourselves. you at the very least GET the options to even engage in romance, those of us who are more inclined to Same Sex Romances don't even GET the option to engage in them. lemme let you in on a spoiler secret...it doesn't really ruin the class story if you engage in it or not...you can still do it AFTER the class quests are all done. so go forth and play your game..or don't..its your choice..but there are more important issues to worry about than Kira (game clinet stability comes to mind) and as a known issue they'll fix it when they can. now go game peeps.

oh my goddess...this many pages on the issue? does anyone actually READ the patch notes?

Why yes, princess, we DO read the patch notes. That exact text has been there since several days after launch. That exact text has been there since before they "fixed" the issue for new players and left everyone else in the dark. The Dark Side flirt option (allegedly) works fine now and they've left the "workaround" there to make it look like they're paying attention.

Bioware hasn't provided a real update on the situation since before patch 1.02. Try understanding the situation a bit before you come into the thread on your silver steed.

I've long since rerolled my JK, but misinformation and people (people like you) hanging off Bioware's every word are the worst part of this thread.

Edited by SidisAran

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

This list of known issues was last updated on: January 4th, 2012

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

all of that comes from the patch notes..is a known issue..THERE is your ackowledgement. they are working on it. For future reference its under the known issues setting in customer service. and for those of you who are complaining about it you guys really should be ashamed of yourselves. you at the very least GET the options to even engage in romance, those of us who are more inclined to Same Sex Romances don't even GET the option to engage in them. lemme let you in on a spoiler secret...it doesn't really ruin the class story if you engage in it or not...you can still do it AFTER the class quests are all done. so go forth and play your game..or don't..its your choice..but there are more important issues to worry about than Kira (game clinet stability comes to mind) and as a known issue they'll fix it when they can. now go game peeps.

We shouldn't be ashamed of ourselves. This is an issue that has been known since Beta, and almost everyone here who has experienced it has benched their characters because of the issue. We got a single dev post early on claiming it would be fixed "in a few days", and "a little longer" for those of us that already have the glitch. 2 weeks later, we get a patch that fixes it for new players, and no word since on whether or not this will be fixed for those already bugged soon, or if it will take weeks, or whatever. It's upsetting that everyone is so vocal in this thread about how they've had to abandon their main chars, and Bioware isn't making any more posts telling us what they're doing, how long it will take, whether it would be just faster to reroll, etc. We've got nothing, and this is making a lot of players not want to play the game.

Maybe it wouldn't ruin the romance for you to have all of the romance options after the fact, after the main story, completely unconnected to the main plot of the game. But if I just wanted to see that, I'd wait for a youtube vid of the romance convos. We want the narrative flow that the romance should have. We want the romance to connect with the things we are doing in the main plot. We want to have those little bits of dialog during our class quests that connect the main plot and the romance subplot.

I agree with you that the lack of homosexual romance options is really, really crappy. But that issue doesn't invalidate this one. We're both stuck so that we can't engage in the romance plots that we wanted to. The only difference is, we were told we'd be able to, and now we can't, and we're not being told when we can expect to be able to start playing our chars again. Homosexual romances should definitely be a huge priority on features to be added, but fixing what's already there should be higher, I think.

I get that a lot of this thread has a lot of anger and irrational hatred of Bioware. But most of us here are people who have accidentally glitched ourselves through a dialog option, without any warning, and are now just not playing our mains because of it. We're paying 15 a month to be able to play this game. The least we should be able to get on an issue like this is an ETA, or them telling us that it may take too long so we can just bite the bullet and reroll. We shouldn't be ashamed.

We shouldn't be ashamed of ourselves. This is an issue that has been known since Beta, and almost everyone here who has experienced it has benched their characters because of the issue. We got a single dev post early on claiming it would be fixed "in a few days", and "a little longer" for those of us that already have the glitch. 2 weeks later, we get a patch that fixes it for new players, and no word since on whether or not this will be fixed for those already bugged soon, or if it will take weeks, or whatever. It's upsetting that everyone is so vocal in this thread about how they've had to abandon their main chars, and Bioware isn't making any more posts telling us what they're doing, how long it will take, whether it would be just faster to reroll, etc. We've got nothing, and this is making a lot of players not want to play the game.

Agreed. The thing that is really frustrating is not knowing what the game plan is on this issue. if I have to re-roll then I would like to know sooner than later. If my toon is salvageable then I would like to know that too. For the record, my main is the toon effected. However that said I am a developer professionally I know that sometimes its very hard to give time tables especially when you are still getting your head wrapped around what has gone wrong and what the scope of that is. To anyone at Bioware reading this post I think a little info would go a long ways as far a defusing the situation. Even if that info is only that we are still determining the scope of the problem. That is just my 2 cents

Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.

Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.

I disagree with you saying it's "only 1%", it's still a significant gameplay experience, and I'm not going to advance with the main story until it's fixed, and the main story is, arguably, a GIANT chunk of the game

with THAT being said, people in this topic are overreacting and are acting like a bunch of babies. Yes I would like an ETA, but they have acknowledged time and time again that they've been working on it, they'll get it done, and spamming them with bug reports, threats, blackmail, etc. isn't going to get it done any faster. People seriously need to grow up, they're working on it, give it time

Only now, where I'm half way through chapter 2 with nearly 9k affection, do I realise this issue. Really does kill the fun tbh and I'm pretty disappointed that I could potentially be missing important story factors. Don't really want to get any further with my JK until this is fixed.