Consnstency in Ranked

DavidAtkinson

Ok..

Man, I am not consistent... I have games that I carry or play very well and then other times I mess up so badly, It's incredible.

Not sure what to do... to become more consistent like whenever you que you break havoc. :mad:

Any tips ?

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Ok..

Man, I am not consistent... I have games that I carry or play very well and then other times I mess up so badly, It's incredible.

Not sure what to do... to become more consistent like whenever you que you break havoc. :mad:

Any tips ?

What is causing you problems? Going against certain classes? Do certain arenas give you more problems than others?

On my sniper, I've noticed that knowing where to position yourself in the new arenas has a HUGE effect on the end result of the match. That and not queuing as a Jugg, lol.

Ok..

Any tips ?

I assume the lack of consistency depends on whether you're focused or not. Try to anticipate when you're going to get focused and prepare accordingly. You can delay when you engage, kite, etc.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

What is causing you problems? Going against certain classes? Do certain arenas give you more problems than others?

On my sniper, I've noticed that knowing where to position yourself in the new arenas has a HUGE effect on the end result of the match. That and not queuing as a Jugg, lol.

I like to eat snipers. on rage jugg.

also, can we please get the missing "I" in the subject. its irking me.

Edited by Seterade

I like to eat snipers. on rage jugg.

also, can we please get the missing "I" in the subject. its irking me.

It's there. It's just a chic, fashionable "N" version, kind of like a perfume or cologne name.

New Calvin Klein FNVE & ENGHT

ETERNNTY by Calvin Klein

DNAMOND by Nina Ricci.

Nnna by Nina Ricci.

Nllegal by Carolina Herrera.

Brnlliant by Versace

I think some arenas give me problems, Orbital Station and Rishi Cove.. On mara for me these are a pain always.

And the other thing, when you focus someone and he starts burning his dcds... You hit them through those or you switch target until they wear off and switch back again. I noticed when this happens my hits are chicken like obviously...

Note: I don't hit merc reflect... or jugg ED, tho jugg ED is harder to avoid.

I think some arenas give me problems, Orbital Station and Rishi Cove.. On mara for me these are a pain always.

And the other thing, when you focus someone and he starts burning his dcds... You hit them through those or you switch target until they wear off and switch back again. I noticed when this happens my hits are chicken like obviously...

Yeah that thing lasts for 15 seconds. That's a lot of time to not be able to hit someone who is hitting you.

Only a 90 second CD to boot. That's friggen nice.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

It can be tempting to rush a match, but there's nothing wrong with LOSing a player whose using their DCD's or CCing like Trix said in the case of Juggs. The idea is to get them to burn their DCDs but NOT allow them to DPS you while doing so. Of course, you probably already know that, which is why I asked about the arenas.

Some arenas tend to feel cramped, which can cause you to panic under pressure. The best solution is to scout out good "safe" spots to fall back to/attack from ahead of time. Like you should always know in Rishi where your best spots to attack are, and where you can go to LOS someone without falling into a trap. If you have 3 or 4 spots that are your go-to's, it gives you an edge.

As a sniper, I absolutely despise Rishi because of how targeting works with ramps. Even if you can see someone, you may not be able to hit them with straight shots, lol. Imagine, just by taking a few steps back, suddenly you have a second to recoup.

As a sniper, I absolutely despise Rishi because of how targeting works with ramps. Even if you can see someone, you may not be able to hit them with straight shots, lol. Imagine, just by taking a few steps back, suddenly you have a second to recoup.

It’s why I love Rishi on my Jugg and even my Sorc. It gives me lots of LoS options against ranged classes.

There really is no consistency in ranked. You can have a match where you are against a sin, jugg, merc, merc. So you say, lets kill jugg then sin, cc mercs. However when the match starts you wait near spawn and you manage to uncover the sin, so people instantly swap to sin, its 4v1 and his teams mates are on the other side and cant help him.

You stun and attack, he will realize he has to break the stun or he will die in one stun, but when he breaks he is instantly restunned and dead. There are many ways a match can go, its not about fixed starts that are always executed.

I have the same issue as the OP, sometimes you rock, sometimes you do nothing cause you are focused.

There really is no consistency in ranked. You can have a match where you are against a sin, jugg, merc, merc. So you say, lets kill jugg then sin, cc mercs. However when the match starts you wait near spawn and you manage to uncover the sin, so people instantly swap to sin, its 4v1 and his teams mates are on the other side and cant help him.

You stun and attack, he will realize he has to break the stun or he will die in one stun, but when he breaks he is instantly restunned and dead. There are many ways a match can go, its not about fixed starts that are always executed.

I have the same issue as the OP, sometimes you rock, sometimes you do nothing cause you are focused.

I noticed that.. if you are focused and let's say kite and your team is ok you can still win by dying slowly enough, but IF your team is bad and you get focused then it's game over...

Also I have this stupid issue where I burn some defenses because I am afraid to get globaled and then I realize it was pointless after which I am drained and ****.

These stupid mistakes annoy the hell out of me.

Also, you it's worth to attack first and open on them instead of waiting for them ?

words of wisdom from a long time jugg. ignore ED, just burn him, he will heal to full and then die. he will take approminatly 320k dmg in doing so.

if you hit during ed and the enemy is heal to full, if you keep hitting while the stack still there is that meaning it will keep healing even full health ?

Also I have this stupid issue where I burn some defenses because I am afraid to get globaled and then I realize it was pointless after which I am drained and ****.

Same, this is quite an issue I would say. Thats why its strange for me to watch streams of the PVPers on DM. Like they are rarely focused and use their cds slowly and people do not fully go on them and they make it look easy. I guess in my case they consider me global material so they go full on me and I tend to also panic and use 2 powerful cds at once and they simply die after using medpac. Good PVPers even save for example enet for me (there is mostly a merc in the enemy team these days) and they know when to use it.

Its the same issue with the global in 1 stun, they stun you and you know that if you do not break you will die, so you use cc breaker and then they net you after cds run out so you can PW, vanish or camo.

I have to agree with Seterade.

15 seconds is like 3 ccs worth of time. Even if you have that available, I'm not sure how wise of a move it would be to use them all at once just to get around the ED for 15 seconds.

Additionally, if you are not in attack range of some other opponent, depending on the circumstances, you'd might need to use for leap, and you won't have that back off CD in 15 seconds when the jugg is done with his ED.

I just go chop suey in many cases. Naturally there are variables, location on map, environment utility, personal health level, etc.

Also, given toxicity issues,[ a bit of general speaking here] if you don't have another target to attack for whatever 15 seconds is a long time not to do any damage and than be told you suck because you didn't get any numbers for 15 seconds. I'm not saying that should be the primary concern, winning should be, but under certain circumstances people might be concerned about their numbers if they have a 'known' toxic offender on their team.

You can't lock a jugg up for 15 seconds every minute and 15 seconds [outside of ranked, special circumstances].

Obviously that's a non issue where focus on the Jugg is in effect, which, is usually quite often :eek:

Chop suey for me. I'm just a 1200-1300 anyways.

P.S. The Dots comment is also a valid concern as well as AOEs.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

words of wisdom from a long time jugg. ignore ED, just burn him, he will heal to full and then die. he will take approminatly 320k dmg in doing so.

Agreed, especially if you or any of your teammates are dots.

Also, you it's worth to attack first and open on them instead of waiting for them ?

Personally, I think it's almost always preferable to attack aggressively. That way you can control who you focus, and you can control who goes in first (or at least try to, depending on teammates), who stays back, etc. If you wait for the enemy, you're allowing them to control the flow of the match, and it usually goes badly. Obviously, depending on comps or if they have someone who stupidly overextends or something, that can change.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Ok, stop DoTs!

Well yes, that’s true. I do love it when someone dots me up just before I need to use ED :D

It often comes down to situational awareness. If you know a Jugg hasn’t used ED and their health is dropping fast, don’t drop a long dot on them. Which I’ll admit, is very hard not to do sometimes.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Well yes, that’s true. I do love it when someone dots me up just before I need to use ED :D

It often comes down to situational awareness. If you know a Jugg hasn’t used ED and their health is dropping fast, don’t drop a long dot on them. Which I’ll admit, is very hard not to do sometimes.

But in ranked juggs are frequently the first target. If I'm dot spec of any class, I obviously have to have dots up constantly on the jugg to do damage. Best to just blow through ED as fast as possible, and then finish them off. If you start trying to get cute and not attack through ED, it's going to take a lot longer to kill the jugg, because not all of your teammates will turn back onto him, he may kite away, he may have other dcds coming off their cooldowns, etc. Maybe in a tightly controlled and coordinated group ranked match, or some other ideal setting, you can afford to switch off a jugg for ED's duration, but generally it's not going to be a good idea. Just let them heal to full and then just keep on dping them until they're dead.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

if you hit during ed and the enemy is heal to full, if you keep hitting while the stack still there is that meaning it will keep healing even full health ?

not quite. ED is a stack. it has a duration for obvious balancing issues, but the reason ED is not good enough for ranked is that its stack or duration, and the stack is 15. the average pt inflicts 10 hits per second. in one second your ED is almost gone. yes you healed to full... but does it matter? 4 dps are falling on you with about 4k dps each.

an effective buff for juggs would be to cut the duration to 7 seconds and remove the stack. so it just needs to burn out. I dont know how this will balance around tank juggs but rumor has it once upon a time ED was a 15 sec duration without a stack. now thats a balancing nightmare.

Edited by Seterade

Same, this is quite an issue I would say. Thats why its strange for me to watch streams of the PVPers on DM. Like they are rarely focused and use their cds slowly and people do not fully go on them and they make it look easy. I guess in my case they consider me global material so they go full on me and I tend to also panic and use 2 powerful cds at once and they simply die after using medpac. Good PVPers even save for example enet for me (there is mostly a merc in the enemy team these days) and they know when to use it.

Its the same issue with the global in 1 stun, they stun you and you know that if you do not break you will die, so you use cc breaker and then they net you after cds run out so you can PW, vanish or camo.

The streamers are considered top players and If you played some ranked, you already know that those people are rarely focused first.... I mean I was talking to a top 3 mara and was talking to him about my ranked experience and he basically said that " none of that happened to me " and I was like.... :eek:

So In a way what you say is true. Those players are mostly stunned... and the more no name players get focused first. That's why on the stream it seems like they are playing with one hand and drinking beer with the other.

Just today I had a game where as a carnage mara I was of course the "outsider" that was targeted first and man I was gutted and stunned, netted to death.. We managed to win r2 but lost in the end because in R3 I did mostly nothing... I vanished like 4,5 times to heal up and was melting like butter as soon as I rejoined. ;)

I always wondered how some people get away with playing these " not so viable" specs... Probably they aren't focused.

Anyway sorry for rambling... I must learn to enjoy the games and worry less about elos and leaderboards. I noticed that those things tend to put extra pressure on me and can hurt performance.

PS: Jugg DPS can be good in SR, but the player must be very very skilled... I had a jugg dps on my team with 230 gear and no stim.. and I was 100% sure that it's lost. He did 6k dps.. and kited like a pro. :D

Edited by DavidAtkinson

or...you're a jugg. hit him. let him pop ed. it won't help.

But in ranked juggs are frequently the first target. If I'm dot spec of any class, I obviously have to have dots up constantly on the jugg to do damage. Best to just blow through ED as fast as possible, and then finish them off. If you start trying to get cute and not attack through ED, it's going to take a lot longer to kill the jugg, because not all of your teammates will turn back onto him, he may kite away, he may have other dcds coming off their cooldowns, etc. Maybe in a tightly controlled and coordinated group ranked match, or some other ideal setting, you can afford to switch off a jugg for ED's duration, but generally it's not going to be a good idea. Just let them heal to full and then just keep on dping them until they're dead.

Yeah, in ranked it’s better to just burn the Jugg if everyone is focusing them. If they aren’t though, well I’m not sure what’s the best strat. I know we are talking ranked in the thread, but I’ll just quickly add this for any reg players reading. Don’t dot low health juggs if you can help it unless you know they’ve already used ED. All you do is give them a second life ;)