Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel or Shadow - Coolest looking saber animations?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Sentinel or Shadow - Coolest looking saber animations?

Bobes
12.13.2011 , 04:19 PM | #1
Hi all,

Been trying to decide for awhile now on which class to start as and I'm looking to you guys to help me out - I'll post this in the Jedi Knight forums as well to get a second opinion:

Basically, I'm wondering what your opinions are on which class has the best looking light saber animations - I'm hoping to play the class who's combat looks and feels a bit more like, say, the climactic force-user battles at the end of episodes 1, 2, and 3, and a little less like, say, the showdown between Vader and Kenobi at the end of episode 4 . I'm thinking flashy moves, flips, spins, and a flurry of blows. I'm guessing that the two front-runners are the Shadow and the Sentinel, so please, let your voices be heard. Who's got the best saber combat animations?

Thanks for your help.
"When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere."

-La Rochefoucauld

Jaerion
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #2
The difficulty with answering this is that coolness is subjective.

I'd recommend doing a youtube search for both, and deciding what suits your personal taste best.
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

Vuok
12.13.2011 , 04:43 PM | #3
I think you're seeking the Sentinel

Liaskar
12.13.2011 , 05:04 PM | #4
I don't have experience playing either sentinel or shadow, but I would probably bet you would feel more at home with a sentinel. Most shadows still regularly use force attacks while they are melee-ing.

Sage
Scoundrel

Timberley
12.13.2011 , 08:01 PM | #5
Having played both, I can suggest that you try the Sentinel. It's entirely subjective, but the Sentinel's saber animations and so on are a lot more dynamic from the off, whereas the saberstaff of the Shadow is a lot more reserved. Plus, with the Shadow, I ended up using a lot more Force Powers (Project, Telekenetic Throw, Breach, Force Wave, etc) to keep enemies in check. The Sentinel, however, was more about the lightsaber moves, which got a bit dull, for me anyway.

Tim
Kecandra - - Infiltration/KC // Kathylen - - Deception
Kiannara - - Tactics // Khellin - - Annihilation
Kascie - - Combat // Kayuri- - Marksmanship

Bobes
12.13.2011 , 09:10 PM | #6
Seems like most would suggest the Sentinel - I'm not entirely opposed to using force powers, mind you, but yeah, definitely want to emphasize the combat aspect. Cheers!
"When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere."

-La Rochefoucauld