NEED IMMEDIATE BIOWARE RESPONSE PLZ! BioChem - Future of Raiding / PvE Oriented Profs

TheRealCrucifer

My guild has already cleared all current content and we are running into a Profession oriented notice. And I need clarification on if this is going to change or remain as is?

Right now Rakata Stims and most Implants are "BoE" (Bind on Equip) however in an extremely pointless and arguably moronic reasoning they require you to have BioChem maxed.

Meaning unlike lets say "Alchemy" in WoW where a max level Alchemist supplies his entire raid with their raid potions...a BioChem "Jedi Guardian" is sitting on everyone elses "potions" (stims, implants) at max level and can not distribute them to the raid.

Requiring EVERYONE in PvE Top Tier raiding to all run the same exact profession. Biochem, Bio-analysis and Diplomacy.

Is there any IMMEDIATE hotfix coming to remove the requirement to have to have BioChem to give your raid/guild their Stims/Implants when they are BoE for that exact reason? Or are we going to ignore this issue and have every PvE raider be required to run BioChem to have max efficiency output?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guild has already cleared all current content and we are running into a Profession oriented notice. And I need clarification on if this is going to change or remain as is?

Right now Rakata Stims and most Implants are "BoE" (Bind on Equip) however in an extremely pointless and arguably moronic reasoning they require you to have BioChem maxed.

Meaning unlike lets say "Alchemy" in WoW where a max level Alchemist supplies his entire raid with their raid potions...a BioChem "Jedi Guardian" is sitting on everyone elses "potions" (stims, implants) at max level and can not distribute them to the raid.

Requiring EVERYONE in PvE Top Tier raiding to all run the same exact profession. Biochem, Bio-analysis and Diplomacy.

Is there any IMMEDIATE hotfix coming to remove the requirement to have to have BioChem to give your raid/guild their Stims/Implants when they are BoE for that exact reason? Or are we going to ignore this issue and have every PvE raider be required to run BioChem to have max efficiency output?

Actually the top level blue stuff you can give others from Biochem is better than the reusable stuff. Maybe these guys need to read a bit about how crafting works?

Your post shows a profound lack of understanding. I won't bother trying to explain it, but trust me on this; it's not an issue.

Your post shows a profound lack of understanding. I won't bother trying to explain it, but trust me on this; it's not an issue.

No let me try to explain it to you...

http://www.torhead.com/item/9GNyjPN/rakata-critical-adrenal

vs

http://www.torhead.com/item/2MpJzLI/hyper-battle-critical-adrenal

is a 115 critical increase:

Critical Chance:

Aim stat: 143.34 : 1 (Percent)

Critical Rating Stat: 23.75 : 1 (Percent)

That is a 4.8% increase over the 48 blue.

the same basis goes for:

http://www.torhead.com/item/79Bok9Y/rakata-reflex-stim

and

http://www.torhead.com/item/9DwYgbK/prototype-hyper-battle-reflex-stim

There is a reason why the math works out if you are optimizing.

Because right now BioChem supersedes every other profession hands down for PvE Raiding. No Artifacting, Treasure Hunting or Armor/Arms schematics compete with raid gear. Making them utterly useless to have.

The only viable option is BioChem for statistical advantage/optimization in a Raiding environment.

So now you've met the "Elite", "Pro Gamer", "Hardcore" players... :rolleyes:

True. But the point does sort of remain. If there is an advantage to anything, people will flock to the advantage. They need to work on professions, and quality anyway, so they should address before half the population are biochemists.

There's a torhead already? :confused:

Yeah, but it's not good yet. It's mostly datamined stuff. There are lots of things on it which actually can't be acquired in the game, the items which are in the game don't have their ways to acquire it listed, vendors don't have their wares listed, etc...

i think the guy is missing the fact that its reusable and only has to make one lol.

No the point is the same issue every single post in Crew Skills is bringing up is you don't get a raid spot in a top tier raid guild if your not 400/400 BioChem.

Because while right now normal modes are a cakewalk for the elitists. When and if Nightmare modes are actually difficult the extra 4.8% on 8 DPS can be the difference between a 3% wipe and a World First.

That is what the little jawa friend a few posts up has never apparently understood or had the chance to be apart of.

in a RNG game where the % of the damage is on a % dice roll that % no matter how fractionally small matters.

So having to be required to be BioChem is going to destroy the purpose of even having other professions if BioWare is truly sticking to their word that PvE > PvP concerns.

It is BoP and requires 400 Biochem so that you can't get 400 Biochem, make your reusables and then switch to a different profession. Reusable Alchemy Pots/Flasks in WoW had the same restriction for the same reason.

There's a reason I'm in a guild that accomplishes High End Raiding and your trying to justify why 5% is not a big deal.

I have no desire to be in a high end raiding guild. I do PvP which is a lot harder. I was in the #1 ranked outfit in on the server in on both Planetside servers I played on. My alliance owned 3 of the 4 conquerable continents in Shadowbane, the largest of which belonged to my guild. I was on a TWL team that was undefeated in BF2 for a long time. If you want to sit here and measure e-peens, I can assure you that mine is several feet longer. <5% means absolutely nothing. If that makes any significant difference to your success or failure, you're already doing something very wrong. Stop whining that biochem people are marginally better at using biochem stuff.

It is BoP and requires 400 Biochem so that you can't get 400 Biochem, make your reusables and then switch to a different profession. Reusable Alchemy Pots/Flasks in WoW had the same restriction for the same reason.

See Below

actually this is not unheard off.

Why shouldn't you as a crafter have a advantage when crafting? The rest has to live with 5% less.

WoW's increase was not statistical...it was time based. An Alchemists gain was financially better they would receive the same amount of % based increase but their potions/buffs lasted 2 hours longer.

This meant they spent less money for being max level. They did not have a pure DPS/Healing stat advantage otherwise like BioChem now every single raider would of been required to have Alchemy maxed.

I have no desire to be in a high end raiding guild. I do PvP which is a lot harder. I was in the #1 ranked outfit in on the server in on both Planetside servers I played on. My alliance owned 3 of the 4 conquerable continents in Shadowbane, the largest of which belonged to my guild. I was on a TWL team that was undefeated in BF2 for a long time. If you want to sit here and measure e-peens, I can assure you that mine is several feet longer. <5% means absolutely nothing. If that makes any significant difference to your success or failure, you're already doing something very wrong. Stop whining that biochem people are marginally better at using biochem stuff.

Not arguing PVP vs. PVE here, or trying to say one is harder than the other, but progression PVE raiding is pretty much a numbers game once you reach a skill plateau that is why many fights in new Raids are referred to as "gear checks" 5% can make the difference.

actually this is not unheard off.

Why shouldn't you as a crafter have a advantage when crafting? The rest has to live with 5% less.

The problem is that it's only one crafting profession giving this bonus, not that there's a bonus to being a crafter.

No the point is the same issue every single post in Crew Skills is bringing up is you don't get a raid spot in a top tier raid guild if your not 400/400 BioChem.

Because while right now normal modes are a cakewalk for the elitists. When and if Nightmare modes are actually difficult the extra 4.8% on 8 DPS can be the difference between a 3% wipe and a World First.

That is what the little jawa friend a few posts up has never apparently understood or had the chance to be apart of.

in a RNG game where the % of the damage is on a % dice roll that % no matter how fractionally small matters.

So having to be required to be BioChem is going to destroy the purpose of even having other professions if BioWare is truly sticking to their word that PvE > PvP concerns.

Yes, except that that 4.8% increase is 15 seconds every 3 minutes, so on a sustained basis is really just 1/12 of the time it is up. So that translates to just a .4% increase in crit chance, and since crits base damage increase is just 50% (barring crit damage increases), we're really talking only about a .2% dps increase, assuming you can spam this ever 3 minutes effectively, which you almost never can.

If your super-ubber-elite guild is really focusing on a .2% dps increase, I think their priorities are screwed up... particularly in a newly launched game where you can be sure things will change rapidly.

And yes, I have had my share of server firsts in other MMORGs.