DPS Merc Suggestions

DarthBloodloss

Got an idea for a nice utility skill for Arsenal/Gunnery.

Kinetic Shield

Ammo Cost - 4

Cooldown - 2 mins

Creates a shield with 5mins radius which roots you in place but prevents enemies from entering for 6 seconds. Friendly players are able to enter the shield.

That would be horribly, utterly overpowered in objective based PvP. Ranked teams would suddenly stack ranged DPS to quickly kill the Commandos/Mercs who block nodes this way.

• 1 month later...

Hi, My name's Mitchel Ricardo (Seriously that's my BH name) and I'm a Pyro Merc. I have been playing Pyro since EGA, and all I do is pvp. And no I don't have any other alts....Well none that are 50 anyways. Even in full WH, A shiv, force choke etc etc I will watch my HP go from from 100% to about 70%. And I feel like I am being modest here. My thermal lined up with a rail shot...probably does the same amount. In my experience, most classes if they have the same skill level as me, I usually lose. Mara/Jug no contest. A VERY good Op or scoundrel I will get ricked rolled. A decent Sin or shadow, wont win. PT/Vanguards if they know how to play I will lose. Seems like only Snipers and sorcs and same AC classes are the only ones I have a fighting chance against. Now I am not asking to be able to 1v1 everything, if everyone gets little bit of everything than you have another WoW and all the classes are the same just with a different label. BUT I would like to be able to break away from someone jumping on me, I.E in huttball go for the sprint boost and nab the Medpec, or create enough distance to run behind something and spam a few heals onto myself, something. Granted normally I just spam rapid shots and use all my instant abilities to kite as much as possible, but it only seems to affect non jedi classes, My biggest problem I would say is that my knockback can be resisted...what its not bad enough that I cant remove a jedi's slow and they consistently close the gap between him and I? So, either allow me to use Powershot while kiting or buff my knockback or slow affect to a kiteable level and I will be as giddy as a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

and I will /signed the original post on this thread. I thought they were some amazing ideas.