Sith = republick LOGO? : /

AbyssWyrm

I am sure this question was asked here like may be hundreds time, but still let me ask once again:

Why da hell SWTOR's Sith Empire have Republic LOGO from 1-3 episodes :eek:

For those who might not be aware, Palpatin simply didn't changed the LOGO, then he transformed Republic to Empire. That was understandable political choice, since he tried to show like he actualy saving the Republic.

But i hardly can imagine that Republic itself had copied old Sith Empire LOGO (after events of SWTOR era):confused:

Edited by AbyssWyrm

I am sure this question was asked here like may be hundreds time, but still let me ask once again:

For those who might not be aware, Palpatin simply didn't changed the LOGO, then he transformed Republic to Empire. That was understandable political choice, since he tried to show like he actualy saving the Republic.

But i hardly can imagine that Republic itself had copied old Sith Empire LOGO (after events of SWTOR era):confused:

I am continually mystified over how little actually changes in 3600 years in the Star Wars universe. TIE-style cockpits. Those round computer pit things. Proto-Star Destroyers and proto-Corellian Corvettes. Mandalorian armor. Fashion in general. The list is quite long.

Edited by Kholvan

If you played KOTOR 1 & 2, you'd have seen that a lot was actually different. I think the developers realized that this game would attract a lot of people who weren't necessarily familiar with those games and tweaked things to make it more recognizable to those who's only familiarity with SW is the movies. It's slightly obnoxious to an old time fan like myself, but Lucas has been doing his best to ruin his own continuity for years now anyway.

I suppose it is conceivable that at some point in the 3,000 years between the game and Ep1 the logo lost its connection with the Sith Empire and became an accepted symbol and adopted by the Republic. For example, in the U.S. Senate, one of the symbols is the fasces of Rome, which is also the origin of the word fascism. The symbol means different things in different contexts over centuries and such...

I suppose it is conceivable that at some point in the 3,000 years between the game and Ep1 the logo lost its connection with the Sith Empire and became an accepted symbol and adopted by the Republic. For example, in the U.S. Senate, one of the symbols is the fasces of Rome, which is also the origin of the word fascism. The symbol means different things in different contexts over centuries and such...

Like the symbol for good luck (for indians) that nowadays is a huge no-no outside of India thanks to the ancestors of a certain group of people that get their own servers in Swtor?

If you played KOTOR 1 & 2, you'd have seen that a lot was actually different. I think the developers realized that this game would attract a lot of people who weren't necessarily familiar with those games and tweaked things to make it more recognizable to those who's only familiarity with SW is the movies. It's slightly obnoxious to an old time fan like myself, but Lucas has been doing his best to ruin his own continuity for years now anyway.

Amen. Bluray changes anyone?

Like the symbol for good luck (for indians) that nowadays is a huge no-no outside of India thanks to the ancestors of a certain group of people that get their own servers in Swtor?

Haha, I had to go Googling to figure that one out. Nice. :p

Have you ever considered that the Sith Empire wins in the end, but after let's say... 1 000-2 000 years there is an massive revolt in the galaxies and the Jedi help the populations destroy the Sith? Having the Sith Empire change it's power system doesn't mean it would be 100% be abolished. Just think of the Soviet union anthem... First the "new" Russia wanted it gone but then they brought it back... Same can happen! in SWTOR

Have you ever considered that the Sith Empire wins in the end, but after let's say... 1 000-2 000 years there is an massive revolt in the galaxies and the Jedi help the populations destroy the Sith? Having the Sith Empire change it's power system doesn't mean it would be 100% be abolished. Just think of the Soviet union anthem... First the "new" Russia wanted it gone but then they brought it back... Same can happen! in SWTOR

I just cant see how it fits that Republic picked the hatefull Sith LOGO as its own:rolleyes: Mind to tell that Palpatin didnt hate the Republic itself, just a jedies.

Not entirely sure; however, a safe guess would be that Palpatine used this symbol to unite the Republic as it is connected to Ancient Sith tradition and Palpatine is secretly Sith. I would gather that it wasn't a dead giveaway for Palpatine's motives because no one probably remembers it as a Sith symbol, being that it was last used thousands of years ago. I actually do not remember seeing this symbol until at least episode II where the clone army's existence is uncovered and Palpatine's plot is set into motion. However, I would guess that the Republic has the Sith Empire logo and not vice versa by these estimations. I don't think the Republic did copy a Sith Empire logo, it was probably Darth Sidious who was posing as Palpatine that set that into motion as a sort of irony hearkening to the level of deception he employed.

If you're interested, there are numerous things in Star Wars that are based off of real cultures, places, and history. I.e. Budapest is a Star Wars city, it is a place in Russia also. Palpatine is akin to the word in Latin meaning "tongue." The Empire's symbol resembles the Japanese Empire's flag. We could go all day... powerful symbols from anciet cultures sometimes come back in real life too. And their origins as so old hardly anyone knows them.

Edited by GKIOI

the galatic empire has the same ish symbol possibly due to palp doing it but if you look closely the sith and empire have 6 prongs but the republic in the films had 8. as to the reason for why the republic one is so similar all i can think is lore wise is the sith have had a background hand in the running of the republic until palps went to the fore front. real life wise GL wanted to show that they are the empire in the making to link the 2 trilogys

According to the writers, at some point at the end of the story of The Old Republic (a few hundred years or so maybe) the Republic and Sith Empire begin to sort of mold together, which is why for instance the 'British' accent is the Coruscanti one and such, even though Daniel Erickson said that the British accent comes from the Sith Empire exclusively.