Weakest class ever

hipoenormous

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing PT, mostly cause I got tired of Merc. Jesus. Lol. PT may as well be called "Please kill me". No point taunting since in 4v4 everyone is already gonna target you. At the very least if I wanna survive in 4v4 I need to be a tank. Even then other tanks have better defensive cooldowns and can close the gap better. They even have better healing properties. We get Shoulder Cannon and Kolto Overload but still falls behind other tanks.

PT is definitely not in a good place in PvP, especially 4v4. PvE they seem to have some heat issues, but they do some good damage so it's not too bad. Seems like PTs never really got updated with other classes, so when the nerfs hit they became all but useless in PvP. They need some love. I don't care how OP they were once upon a time. I feel bad when I play PvP now cause if I get a 4v4 game I know I'll just get obliterated and let my team down. I am not good and to compound that PTs aren't that great either.

Just started playing PT

So no set bonus no tactical?

Meteor Brawler + Superheated Fuel

Everyone around you takes a 70-100k elemental aoe type hit when Explosive Fuel ends. No it's not exaggerated.

PT without gear has vastly less threat.

Edited by Gyronamics

So no set bonus no tactical?

Meteor Brawler + Superheated Fuel

Everyone around you takes a 70-100k elemental aoe type hit when Explosive Fuel ends. No it's not exaggerated.

PT without gear has vastly less threat.

You go on and on about this in every thread someone makes about there experience with survival and DCD issues on PT, the post is not about PT damage even if it was you are exaggerating the ease of executing that ability, the AOE is tiny, its shut down very easily (everyone scrams when its stacks are active or stuns you so its just wasted), the damage is no where near that high, it hits for 80k on the highest hit if you are lucky, in full 306 with augs. Even if you manage to click it off early and it goes off on 4-5 people who gives a **** cause you are dead 2 seconds later and they are not THROUGH LACK OF DCD

Better idea yet, how about we trade firefall cause its so OP apparently for all of the Merc's DCD, i would trade that niche ability for the ability to actually survive and play my class any day.

Wish more Mercs would do the same. Just to feel what some other classes have to deal with... and what godlike defs (and selfheals) mercs have.

Most Merc players play the class cause its the easiest to win with, they dont care or see the struggle cause they are the best swtor players and everyone else is just trash and needs to L2P, it could not possibly be the class!

Edited by NateCrazy

Why so mad at hearing facts.

Emotional drama when I provide information beneficial to playing a PT.

Last I checked I was the one who got off my *** and bought the full set and tactical for my PT and you were the one with no idea what it did because you didn't have it but still had the nerve to tell me I was making it up based on your lack of information :rolleyes:

And here you are sticking your oar to whinge in when I suggest to someone who is apparently geared in nothing that they try it. As preferable to trying to PVP with nothing.

Imagine complaining that you need to be geared properly to hit hard. You think anyone is hitting hard with junk stats?

124k on sub 30% hp is what I've seen https://i.ibb.co/XpgrZcm/tmp.png

And that was someone using full accuracy on an operation dummy.

What useful information do you have to share. Got the set I talked about yet? Any useful tips for someone having a hard time on PT? Just want to cry?

Edited by Gyronamics

Why so mad at hearing facts.

Emotional drama when I provide information beneficial to playing a PT.

Last I checked I was the one who got off my *** and bought the full set and tactical for my PT and you were the one with no idea what it did because you didn't have it but still had the nerve to tell me I was making it up based on your lack of information :rolleyes:

And here you are sticking your oar to whinge in when I suggest to someone who is apparently geared in nothing that they try it. As preferable to trying to PVP with nothing.

Imagine complaining that you need to be geared properly to hit hard. You think anyone is hitting hard with junk stats?

124k on sub 30% hp is what I've seen https://i.ibb.co/XpgrZcm/tmp.png

And that was someone using full accuracy on an operation dummy.

What useful information do you have to share. Got the set I talked about yet? Any useful tips for someone having a hard time on PT? Just want to cry?

i got the set that day and im telling you that ability does not hit that hard, i dont care if you show a screen of someone doing it on a dummy, thats not a real application of the ability in a real time environment and its laughable to be called ''fact''

https://ibb.co/fQ3rxKZ

These are my current stats for PVP, full 306 with set bonus and 22.5% armor penetration from amplifiers , all thats missing is some aug tuning these stats are very close to being as good as you are going to get for PVP. This ability hits for around 70-80k on a high roll. Thats if the stars align in the heat of battle and your target has no DCD up, you have your damage buffs up, and you are not shut down which is actually what happens majority of the time because its that easy to avoid. This is a realistic description of this ability.

My gripe is that you chime in on everyones legitimate concerns about this classes survivability as if people are not doing it right, or they are not geared properly and bring up this ability as if they did it correctly it would have helped them survive somehow instead of discussing the actual root of their concerns.

Its frustrating to see someone who has obviously sunk as much time into a PT to obtain the set bonus pieces can sit there and basically tell people the class is fine they have no issues and all they need is their set bonus and all the problems will go away! its ludicrous.

The ranked leaderboards (early as it is now) is a clear indicator of what classes outshine others, this divide will only get wider as the season progresses.

There isnt really any tips to help anyone on PT, pop what DCD you have and try and do as much damage until you get inevitably exploded. Everyone will focus you first, cause they know you will go down fast, its that simple.

There are some things like mutilating shards utility, which puts a 75% slow for 15 seconds off shatterslug, that may help with kiting but lets be realistic your range is 10m not 30, they will purge it and be back on you like a rash in an instant. Take all the utility buffs for hydrolic overides and use it tactically cause its all you really have for mobility I have become accustomed to hit and run tactics while hydrolic overide is off CD, run in do some damage run out and los, and pray to baby jesus that they dont chase you down.

Firstly I have never dismissed or mentioned survivability. This always has been you projecting your insecurities about the class. You can go double check every post.

I have multiple times said this is an excellent burst damage spec. And it is so don't give me the BS that I'm saying things that are 100% in your head.

Meanwhile I'm going to hit you with some more facts. About your gear and how to make yourself the best geared PT you can be.

i got the set that day and im telling you that ability does not hit that hard, i dont care if you show a screen of someone doing it on a dummy, thats not a real application of the ability in a real time environment and its laughable to be called ''fact''

https://ibb.co/fQ3rxKZ

These are my current stats for PVP, full 306 with set bonus and 22.5% armor penetration from amplifiers , all thats missing is some aug tuning these stats are very close to being as good as you are going to get for PVP. This ability hits for around 70-80k on a high roll. Thats if the stars align in the heat of battle and your target has no DCD up, you have your damage buffs up, and you are not shut down which is actually what happens majority of the time because its that easy to avoid. This is a realistic description of this ability.

You've got 12k mastery which is fine.

You've got 7k power which is less fine.

Those two stuck together are still about 3000 short of what "someone" was using on the dummy. 361 power mods and enh are the goal.

Critical 74 augments also, 144 power, 144 end, 108 critical x 14 is where the rest is from.

"Someone" also has 1590 accuracy but you obviously don't want that in your stat budget since it would be make your crits weaker for pvp.

And finally Armor Pen is not the play, it isn't the best for any PT spec and it doesn't boost Firefall.

You want 9x 1% tech wizardry and your last piece (because you need a 6pc but have 7 armors) should be a Amplified Champion piece which gives a 1pc bonus of having an extra (but weaker) amplifier spot for 0.4% tech wizardry.

Total of 9.4% Tech Wizardry which boosts all your tech attacks. Including Firefall.

Here is a useful spreadsheet for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QmDklkEIBE6yBCTZNGb3zCLA3SPExJU_vNwSaJ6XTKE/edit#gid=567879846

The preferred spec is of course Pyro which (incidentally) gives +10% from Overwhelmed to Firefall, +5% from Susceptible, and another 10% on sub30% targets. Don't forget the 9.4% from using Tech Wizardry amplifiers.

Add that all together and you too can do a sub 30% autocrit Firefall for 124k.

More in fact because you can't use Power Yield to stack up another +10% on a dummy and you get more crit because you don't need the accuracy tax.

It isn't unrealistic, you just don't have the gear.

Good luck delivering the Firefall bomb and remember you can click off Fuel to trigger it early :)

Edited by Gyronamics

Imagine seeing a rare post on how to best gear a DPS PT in 6.0 and immediately complaining.

You wanna match someone showing off the best the class can do, you gear properly instead of making excuses. Completely achievable by a casual player who's capable of reading because all that's needed can be gathered solo.

The average player dresses in a scrapheap because they don't know better. Those people make challenging group content suck and lose more in PVP because on top of any problems with the class they've gone and added some more by being an average, ignorant player.

Another player can't fix fundamental balance issues but they can tell you how to not sandbag yourself and do another 20% damage by fixing your gear.

If you're happy being the average player then carry on. There's content for all players after all.

Edited by Gyronamics

Firstly I have never dismissed or mentioned survivability. This always has been you projecting your insecurities about the class. You can go double check every post.

I have multiple times said this is an excellent burst damage spec. And it is so don't give me the BS that I'm saying things that are 100% in your head.

Fair enough you did not actually say it, however that is what the post was about that you commented on, it was about their lack of survivability so its pretty easy to missread your motivations behind bringing up firefall and dps when the comments were never about actually about dps and doing so send the message that the problem is because they dont have this wondrous new ability that will make all there troubles go away.

Pt has decent dps, middle of the pack if parsley is anything to go by, that was never in question.

Anyways

To be fair after following some of Gyro's advice and looking to refine my gear i am seeing an improvement in the dps output which is nice, and thank you for sharing that knowledge.

The sticking point is you just get swarmed in pvp and go down extremely fast so you dont really get to unload the majority of the dps potential anyways so i am still in the same situation i was before, same amount of glass but more cannon

In saying that if it wasn't currently PT, it would be another class which ever has the least amount of DCD or survivability in the present meta that will get focused, so at the end of the day its always going to be one class unfortunately through the last expansion and into this one it has been mine.

In 6.0 i think at least there are quite a few top contenders so variety is good, it was dominated throughout the later stages of 5.0 by Merc, Mara and Skanks now its Sniper, Oper, Sin, Sorc, Merc, Mara

I am hopefully optimistic that the expansion phases are long, and PT will make it onto the top tier list this expansion

Edited by NateCrazy