Why doesn't my companion...

BMaximus

Why doesn't my companion always reappear when I enter combat from my speeder.

Sometimes yes, most of the time no. I can't seem to identify the logic of what makes my companion reappear. I always get on the speeder with my companion summoned, and I'll reach a point of combat and attack from the speeder and sometimes they appear and sometimes they don't. Also, if I get attacked on my speeder they sometimes appear and sometimes don't.

Anyone know what's up with this or is it just a bug?

Thanks

Yea, that's what I tend to do, I dismount by summoning, but occasionally a baddie sneaks up on you, or in the excitement I'll occasionally forget to dismount, or I'll just dismount and forget to summon. But I'd really like to figure out what the real deal is and have it either be a feature or not lol!

Are you sure he is not summoned? I know that the companion can be *dumb* at times and just stand somewhere for no apparent reason. Like if you hop off an elevator and enter combat, he'll sometimes just stand there on the elevator going up and down and never enter combat. Since you are in combat, you can't resummon him... the game disallows that.

I'd call it a delightful glitch. Getting dismounted due to getting attacked puts you at a disadvantage in every case. Luckily the NPCs are stupid and you can recover, if it's a player, you're usually in for a world of hurt.

On a related note, my 3-man group died on a flashpoint mission last night because my comp-healer was auto-magically dismissed after a movie and I didn't realize it had happened. Edited by XLJedi

Hmm, I've never had that problem, I always have my companion reappear after I get knocked off of my speeder.

Things it could be without being a glitch:

-Did you dismiss them?

-Are they on some task?

-Did they die?

Possibly glitchy things it could be:

-Were you grouped recently? Sometimes they get dismissed when your group members got close, and then when you got away from them, they don't come back automatically. Or even if you were in a group recently and they all disbanded, they don't come back right away.

-Someone mentioned the elevator glitch. That one is annoying. I've died a few times because of it. Maybe you came out an elevator.

-I've had the odd glitch where my companion gets knocked over in one fight, and then stays lying down on the ground, even if they're alive. Maybe that's it?

-Something else entirely?