Can't find Hk part on dromund kaas

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
so i started my mission to get the hk parts with my lv 50 trooper and i sent the scanner in the mail to my lv 31 assassin. i spent four hours trying to find the part on dromund kaas, is there something i have to do, i dont have the heroic quest on my assassin so is that the reason i cant find the part?

What server are you on?

If you need help still and are on harbinger email Yourmomsayshi (Imp) or Calleygirl (pub) or Fhantomkiller (imp) on Jedi Covenant.

I'll help you out if you're on a NA server.

Never went on EU servers yet but I have enough ccs to burn for 1 more transfer if I need to transfer a toon.

Just wanted to contribute that on my 2nd day of looking (gave up the first one, was too tired and unfocused from work), I found it within 40 mins in the middle area between the parallel roads where all the broken pillar chunks are, right by the back wall where the elite/gold star mob usually is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like others have said I found it around the two roads somewhere in the center.

The one one Taris gave me a little trouble till I figured out what I was doing, Jedi temple being the hardest. And now I'm off to the one on Hoth.

Edited by Gogatt

It's designed to be looked for as a team.

Spent hours alone on Jedi temple and nothing. Even search by total coverage math pattern. As soon as I teamed up with another I found it.

Well, I had been looking with someone for a very long time, and we both copuldn't find it.

But since we both tried to search in different places, we covered different places, which narrowed down where we had *not* been searching before ... And there it was : In a place where I had *not* beren looking before ... A small piece of land of which I had thought "it cannot be there !" ... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

The one thing they could improve is an indication whether you have left or entered the area where the part could be found. Something similar you get from your seeker droid.

That being said, I managed to get all parts looking for them solo, so grouping is by no means required.

Pro tip: if you have alts and you want to save the million credits, move one or two alts into the area once you get a ping "part found within X meters". Once you find the part, you can easily grab it on a 2nd character, maybe even a 3rd if your load times are low.

• 5 months later...
Ok guys you can only get that HK-51 part in the section right before you go to the chamber to make your Metrix shard Relic you cant get it any where else don't go any higher up or down a area just keep scanning that area and you will get it . I have done this on all of my Class toons and never found it any where else and even if you watch the location videos it is in that area also and never recorded any where else.

It is a good idea to post in gen chat that you are looking in case someone else is. Working together is generally faster. Also put out a chat when you first get close and wait for people since it disappears quickly once you find it. Please note if someone finds it while you are looking and you do not know it might reset where you previously looked.

• 5 months later...

I just found it at (-1602, 657).

The Y co-ordinate shown for the player (but not the cursor) is wrong when you bring up the map (throughout the game). In the temple area you usually see numbers at 150 and below initially on the map and are wrong. This is a known bug. You need to bring up the map and move the player to get the correct Y co-ordinate for the player; even jumping in place (space bar) is enough to correctly update the Y co-ordinate.