Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja Scout Hull Buff

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ramalina
12.04.2017 , 05:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
I actually wonder if the slug buff is to partially compensate for the scout hull buff? I can only speculate.
Seems unlikely. Accuracy is a very binary stat in terms of effects of hit/miss. If it were aimed at compensating for a higher raw health then adding higher raw damage would be more logical.

I'd be more inclined to go with making T3 GS use a bit more viable for pilots lower on the railgun user skill curve. The ship got a lot more difficult to fly as a viable option with 5.5.

These seem like QoL/feel changes as much as anything. Not making big waves or changing rankings in terms of relative power in the meta, but maybe giving ships that were just barely clinging to their places in the hands of aces a bit more breathing room to work for pilots that aren't quite to that level yet.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

BretHoffman
12.05.2017 , 09:41 AM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey there folks,

Great catch! The changes mentioned were ones that I made quickly in response to balance issues I saw after 5.5. There was a long-ish delay between when I made the adjustments and when the patch notes were being collated for 5.6. I simply forgot that these needed to be included in the 5.6 patch notes. I'll do my best to avoid doing that in the future. There certainly was no intent make "ninja" changes. The intent was simply to make responsive changes to aspects of GSF that still needed additional love.

I hope that helps explain.

Thanks,

Bret

Verain
12.05.2017 , 03:22 PM | #13
Nice, good to know, thanks!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

RickDagles
12.06.2017 , 05:03 PM | #14
Thanks for the updates Bret. I'm really enjoying 5.6

RickDagles
12.06.2017 , 10:46 PM | #15
Adding to the list of changes, Ianir noticed that barrel roll now has 4 second missile immunity (up from 3) and snap turn has 5 second immunity (up from 3).

Magira
12.09.2017 , 01:08 PM | #16
The Devs are working hard to undo everything that was good about the big patch.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

Greezt
12.09.2017 , 08:38 PM | #17
The only recent change I dislike is the slug accuracy buff. They didn't need it, it makes gunship stacking trivial once again and I'd argue that slugs are better than ever now. You don't even need WM as bad as you did before.

Other than that, it's good.

NHBabe
Today , 01:52 AM | #18
Personally speaking I think the changes are good. Not everyone can fly a strike or scout, so having the GS as a viable option again is a lifesaver - for me at least. It still takes 3-4 hits to take out other ships and a decent pilot is out of the area before they're fully dead. It isn't like before where a GS could take out a scout or strike with one Ion and one Slug, or a Slug then Plasma hit. Plus the GS is still at a disadvantage as once you've taken the shot they'll be on you quickly and an EMP/Proton combo kills you - even in a fully upgraded GS.

IMO it just makes all ships viable to play again and almost every match I've been in has been mostly Strikes with one GS and Bomber. It's nowhere close to where it had been with bomber stacks and GS hiding behind them - and if that does happen, the other team just runs a few scouts with the EMP field and they learn fast that tactic isn't going to work any longer.
"You're already dead. Just lie down." HK-51

"Die horribly!" HK-55