Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dantooine Conquest week nerfed?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TSCYoda's Avatar


TSCYoda
11.21.2019 , 05:15 AM | #51
For example:
On Corussant we do with our two 252-geared lvl70-chars the heroics in a special manner:
we pull all enemies with passive lvl50-companions (heroic with the two platinum-enemies), set our companions active and kill all of the enemies at one place.
Last week we tried this with two 274 and 282-geared lvl75-chars...and we were killed nearly instant by the same group of enemies - also with lvl50-companions.

The stats we had pre 6.0 are not longer realisable even with max gear!



Greetings
Markus
I'm the signature, i'm just cleaning up here

Sambril's Avatar


Sambril
11.21.2019 , 02:06 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by TSCYoda View Post
For example:
On Corussant we do with our two 252-geared lvl70-chars the heroics in a special manner:
we pull all enemies with passive lvl50-companions (heroic with the two platinum-enemies), set our companions active and kill all of the enemies at one place.
Last week we tried this with two 274 and 282-geared lvl75-chars...and we were killed nearly instant by the same group of enemies - also with lvl50-companions.

The stats we had pre 6.0 are not longer realisable even with max gear!



Greetings
Markus
Correct - with the new level sync and lower max level on planets combined you get about 2/3 the health and base damage you would have pre 6.0

I did some testing on PTS for various planets comparing a pre 6.0 level 70 character in almost all 258, the same character in 6.0 PTS and a level 75 character in all 306

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=190
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor" RaF: http://www.swtor.com/r/YBLLhw

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.21.2019 , 03:56 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
Correct - with the new level sync and lower max level on planets combined you get about 2/3 the health and base damage you would have pre 6.0

I did some testing on PTS for various planets comparing a pre 6.0 level 70 character in almost all 258, the same character in 6.0 PTS and a level 75 character in all 306

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=190
Now that I can see the raw numbers, there are some big differences there between pre6.0, live and pts. I think they may have been a little heavy handed with those changes. Losing a whole third is tough. I could see losing 1/5 being good for most players or even 1/4 if they want it a bit harder, but 1/3 is a lot, It also explains why some of the balancing through out the game is so out of whack.

Darittha's Avatar


Darittha
11.21.2019 , 04:37 PM | #54
no wonder so many things seem unbalanced if they modified even the low lvl planets.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.21.2019 , 06:53 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
no wonder so many things seem unbalanced if they modified even the low lvl planets.
My understanding is the system change was to only lower your stats (which it was also doing prior to 6.0) to a couple of lvls below the old one. So if the planet sync was 18, it would reduce or cap your main stats (not secondary) to lvl 16 instead (this is why it’s important to have good secondary stats because they aren’t affected)

But that’s not what seems to have happened (in practice). Plus, Bioware also upped some trash mobs health, plus some bosses and their damage output, while also “fixing” their behaviours, ie their healers actually healing now. They also added a push back ability for just about every Droid mob and every other creature mob. Lastly they added extra mobs in some circumstances. (Usually it’s the over abundance of trash mobs that kill you and not the bosses,

All of that together has made the game feel less balanced and over tuned in some parts.

Logically, they should have done way more pts testing for balancing these things. Even the short testing they did on the pts wasn’t much help because they totally ignored player feed back and stats presented to them. So I’m not sure if they really cared and just put the testing their for operation and flash points, because open world was basically ignored.

Also logically, it would have been better to do one change at a time. Preferably the one that changed mob behaviours. Once they had that working correctly, they could have decreased the the planet sync one lvl at a time and had players test it incrementally. Then and only then, should they have considered increasing mob health and damage out put.

Once all of that was “complete”, a good month of pts testing should have been done to find specific areas that weren’t tuned right. Wether they were over tuned or under tuned for the area,
This one size fits all does not work smoothly and there are many situations in the game that make some content unplayable or excessive for players to enjoy properly.

Sadly, we are stuck with this system. I cannot see them changing anything unless the most experienced players (with an inside track to Bioware) can’t get past something. Why, because the experienced players will only say something if it’s hard for them, if it’s playable for them, it must be balanced or in some cases, too easy. Bioware only listen to these players and all of their influencers are experienced players, so you can guarantee most of them are telling Bioware the system is fine as is, until it’s not to their liking.

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
11.22.2019 , 04:37 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I fixed some of those for you. You had daily on some that had been infinite.
are you sure? my list could be wrong but I thought those were set at daily
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Jonassausr's Avatar


Jonassausr
11.22.2019 , 05:45 AM | #57
I agree, removing the Dailys and Heroics was a biiiiiig mistake. I really liked the Event... it was easy. But now it's just a little sh**.
Let's make some noise!!!

PS: I've heard about an upcoming little Patch today afternoon, or tomorrow in the morning. Or is it fake News?!

2nd Guild-Master of KdL- Tulak Hord

Dekibra's Avatar


Dekibra
11.22.2019 , 06:37 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonassausr View Post
I agree, removing the Dailys and Heroics was a biiiiiig mistake. I really liked the Event... it was easy. But now it's just a little sh**.
Let's make some noise!!!

PS: I've heard about an upcoming little Patch today afternoon, or tomorrow in the morning. Or is it fake News?!

2nd Guild-Master of KdL- Tulak Hord
that's fake news indeed - that little patch already happened yesterday
if nothing gamebreaking happens, the next patch is due in December
useful goodies for you & me --> my Referral Link

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
11.23.2019 , 02:32 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
[...]
1. Lower the personal targets for guild members who run low yield. Why can’t it be scaling so if your guild goes for the low yield, personal targets are 35,000, medium 50,000 and large 60,000.

2. Lower the targets for the lower yield planets to 300,000, increase the yield for medium and large. Guilds that size already have extra buffs to deal with those increases.
.

[...]
NO.
While I sympathize on the changes to guild CQ scaling, and am very annoyed with the removal of several objectives. The bolded "suggestions" are just as much BS as the changes that have hurt smaller guilds. Not every Large guild is a top 5 zerg spam conquest guild, and certainly not every guild that goes for large yield. Those have been hurt by the changes too, just not as much. those "extra buffs" are like spitting in the ocean for guild goals.

I belong to a fairly large guild... we cater to newbies / returning players, and crafters... we are large because we allow active alts, and are very patient with people. We do large yields because it supports all those players (both crafters in getting mats, and others in selling them off). we're even large enough that sometimes we even manage to get on the leader board (we once got 9th place... for all of 5 minutes), but never at anywhere near the number of the top 5 (which are usualy1-2 orders of magnitude higher). The changes have made getting CQ as a guild harder, because ALL guild goals were scaled much higher than personal goals. We'll never conquer a planet... but THAT isn't our goal.... our goal is to support our members best we can.

Your suggestions do nothing to address the problem of zerg guilds, and in fact would guarantee that ONLY zerg guilds could complete those goals.... The only real fix for that is to average character activity across the whole guild and use that as the reference.... which BW will never do because it's both much harder to calculate well, and because it would actually penalize large guilds.

TL;DR
Don't seek to punish others just because you were hurt more.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.23.2019 , 05:23 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
NO.
While I sympathize on the changes to guild CQ scaling, and am very annoyed with the removal of several objectives. The bolded "suggestions" are just as much BS as the changes that have hurt smaller guilds. Not every Large guild is a top 5 zerg spam conquest guild, and certainly not every guild that goes for large yield. Those have been hurt by the changes too, just not as much. those "extra buffs" are like spitting in the ocean for guild goals.

I belong to a fairly large guild... we cater to newbies / returning players, and crafters... we are large because we allow active alts, and are very patient with people. We do large yields because it supports all those players (both crafters in getting mats, and others in selling them off). we're even large enough that sometimes we even manage to get on the leader board (we once got 9th place... for all of 5 minutes), but never at anywhere near the number of the top 5 (which are usualy1-2 orders of magnitude higher). The changes have made getting CQ as a guild harder, because ALL guild goals were scaled much higher than personal goals. We'll never conquer a planet... but THAT isn't our goal.... our goal is to support our members best we can.

Your suggestions do nothing to address the problem of zerg guilds, and in fact would guarantee that ONLY zerg guilds could complete those goals.... The only real fix for that is to average character activity across the whole guild and use that as the reference.... which BW will never do because it's both much harder to calculate well, and because it would actually penalize large guilds.

TL;DR
Don't seek to punish others just because you were hurt more.
Well they could add another bracket to make the “Zerg” (mega) guilds play in too and keep the current large guild bracket for large guilds (not mega guilds)

I’m not sure what rewards you could give them and it wouldn’t surprise me if large guilds started to die as people moved to mega guilds if the rewards were too good.

I don’t know what the solution is to address those guilds, I’m only coming from the small and to a lesser extent, the medium guild perspectives.

I still think scaling is the way to go as you go from low yield to high yield. If they just lowered the small and medium brackets, the current large guild players would not be affected at all if their personal cap remained at 50k. But it would certainly help the smaller guild players enjoy or even play conquest again.

I should also put in a disclaimer so I’m not a hypocrite. My small guild has actually made conquest this week because of the activities we could participate in. This is the first time conquest has been more “friendly” to us since 6,0 launched. Plus we only made it this week because my sister took over playing some of my Alts while she stayed a few day and I had real life stuff to do. I’m not sure we would have made it if she didn’t stay.

I still say it’s no where near as “friendly” as it was prior to 6.0. And they should certainly put back in all the activities they removed, aka, galactic rampage.
There needs to be more of a mix of activities in every conquest to allow everyone to participate, not just cater to large guilds every week.
Ie, last week was all about getting the Master Mode “extra” bosses every day to maximise your points. This is something not available for people who hate pugging or don’t have enough people on at the same time to form a group.

I think one of the most important things to point out about this week is it had more planets and more planetary rampages (with out these, we certainly would not have made it). This should happen every week because it spreads out the guilds and you don’t have 1 guild who dominates every planet across 3 sister guilds.
Of course that hasn’t stopped the same 3 sister guilds from dominating 3 planets again, but it’s also obvious this weeks active’s aren’t geared as much to them because their totals are only a 5th of what they were last week.