I'm greedy, I don't want to share

grania

My original romance companions, that is. Only exception being my sister Wraths.

You don't think our romance companions are going to get passed around to all the classes, do you? I can't suffer seeing a.. a.. gunslinger or some such toting my spouse around. And I don't even want to think of the hubbub it would cause if I got caught fooling around with Torian.

*grumbles* Not the answer I wanted to hear, heh.

Well, I suppose there is comfort in knowing that none of the companions so far have been original LIs. Perhaps when they get to those, they will be handled differently. Or, maybe at the end of this expansion, we won't be keeping the traded ones? I don't mind sharing Talos and Pierce, I was just happy to get them back at all. But it would be really weird sharing someone I'm supposed to be married to. I guess we'll see.

I do not think they will become romanceable for anyone else though. Too much money and effort :(

I have to agree here in that it would be very unlikely, the most we could see would maybe be another classes companion throwing a small general [flirt] around but that'd be it.

Well, I suppose there is comfort in knowing that none of the companions so far have been original LIs. Perhaps when they get to those, they will be handled differently.

This is what I'm most interested to see with the up and coming Firebrand situation in Chapter X.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Even if I hadn't married her, seeing Elara running with ANY imperial character would invalidate her entire story arc. You spend her whole story convincing the repiblic that she's not a traitor. If she starts following the Empires Hand or a Dark Council member then damn, looks like she had you fooled

Even if I hadn't married her, seeing Elara running with ANY imperial character would invalidate her entire story arc. You spend her whole story convincing the repiblic that she's not a traitor. If she starts following the Empires Hand or a Dark Council member then damn, looks like she had you fooled

except she's following around the leader of an alliance between factions. one that may have a degree of offical backing. we also don't even know she's still in the armed forces anymore. Yuun and Vik wheren't. for all we know her and Doc will show up running a clinic for a resistance cell we have to recruit. (........ that'd be kinda awesome BTW)

except she's following around the leader of an alliance between factions. one that may have a degree of offical backing. we also don't even know she's still in the armed forces anymore. Yuun and Vik wheren't. for all we know her and Doc will show up running a clinic for a resistance cell we have to recruit. (........ that'd be kinda awesome BTW)

Great idea! Let it be true, BW, please!

And I also think our LIs will remain just that - OUR LIs, without sharing with other classes. If only for money sake - way too much work to create another romance ark for every existed LIs, while we already got 3 new (Lana, Theran, Koth).

Great idea! Let it be true, BW, please!

And I also think our LIs will remain just that - OUR LIs, without sharing with other classes. If only for money sake - way too much work to create another romance ark for every existed LIs, while we already got 3 new (Lana, Theran, Koth).

Oh, I know I made it sound like I was worried about romancing another class's LI, but I just worded it that way for dramatic effect :o I haven't read anything that would make me think my warrior would be able to romance Torian or something.

I was just feeling apprehensive about seeing my most crucial companions all over the place with anyone and everyone. I mean who cares if everyone has access to Scorpio, go for it, spread the dread. But some of them are certainly more important, and presumably more loyal, than others.

By the way Mirandel, your name sounds familiar to me, you've been posting in the story forums for quite some time, yes? :)

Edited by grania

I'm going to be that guy (gal).

I think it would be great to allow all classes to romance all companions, as long as they have the same goals. At this point, since there is basically no Republic and no Empire anymore, I guess this would depend on alignment?

If my light-sided Sith Sorceress can be with an ex SIS agent, well, that kind of opens the door for ex Republic soldiers, don't you think? I've always loved Iresso and I'm a new Aric Jorgan convert. Also I could see Doc going with a dark sider if his personal goals were met. The Imperial guys might be harder to reconcile, but the Mandalorians don't really *have* to be Empire-aligned, and neither do the Killiks, for example.

Probably this isn't going to happen since it would take a lot more resources than EA is giving BioWare Austin at the moment, but I'm hoping that someday they'll come around and understand just how important the romances are to a lot of people.

Probably this isn't going to happen since it would take a lot more resources than EA is giving BioWare Austin at the moment, but I'm hoping that someday they'll come around and understand just how important the romances are to a lot of people.

Well the companions, and to a greater extent the love interests, are really what makes this game stand out from all the others, you know? I log into WoW each morning and do my garrison chores, but I don't look forward to it. I don't enjoy it or get excited about it. It doesn't make me feel anything.

What I mean is, the stories in swtor make you care about your character's life. Other games are just about.. earning points. *shrug*