Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFEET was at the very least FRESH, worried Onslaught story will be a boring rehash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
KOTFEET was at the very least FRESH, worried Onslaught story will be a boring rehash

SteveTheCynic
09.09.2019 , 05:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I have no interest in new story. I want good story based on traditional Star Wars content. Malgus was good story and appears to be heading that way again.
Malgus *in*JUS* suffers greatly from being yet another person who doesn't die when you kill them, which is a long standing and severely lame trope from comic books.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

TonyTricicolo
09.09.2019 , 06:56 AM | #12
What we need is a story that bridges the gap between now and the prequels.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Celise
09.09.2019 , 07:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
What we need is a story that bridges the gap between now and the prequels.
There will almost certainly be a small 5 minute cutscene that will tell the tale of Malgus' return, who the Sith lord was who brought him back (speculation points to Acina), it should also tell a little bit on the background of the Empire and Republic in the meanwhile.

i'd also expect certain NPC's to give some background on events wiithin both Empire and Republic during events you weren't aware of through the onslaught storyline. Aside from Meeting the Empress on DK in ET, there is no other known interaction from anyone else while back in the known worlds within any of the main storylines through FE, ET and traitor storylines, and so interaction is very limited to events to Iokath and Copero for example.

FlameYOL
09.09.2019 , 07:25 AM | #14
While I loved KOTFE/KOTET, with KOTET being my favorite expansions story-wise, I'm kind of looking forward to Onslaught. Why? Well because the Galactic War has been a background noise in the story for years now, you hear about it but you might even fight in it for 5 minutes but then the story de-rails into fighting yet another third faction. Before Ossus.

The last time we had content truly dedicated to war had been KDY. Forged Alliances de-railed into fighting the Revanites; KOTFE and KOTET had us fighting the Eternal Empire and War for Iokath de-railed into fighting the Order of Zildrog. So everytime we get time dedicated to the war again... we go fight yet another third-faction, I was pleasantly surprised with Ossus not de-railing us into yet another third-faction appearing out of nowhere and us having to fight it. Give me enough time on the war, and to learn what has happened in it.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Celise
09.09.2019 , 07:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
The last time we had content truly dedicated to war had been KDY. Forged Alliances de-railed into fighting the Revanites; KOTFE and KOTET had us fighting the Eternal Empire and War for Iokath de-railed into fighting the Order of Zildrog. So everytime we get time dedicated to the war again... we go fight yet another third-faction, I was pleasantly surprised with Ossus not de-railing us into yet another third-faction appearing out of nowhere and us having to fight it. Give me enough time on the war, and to learn what has happened in it.
FYI just for clarity: Your character represent a third faction, the alliance is still another faction regardless if it is allied to the republic or the empire. so when your boots set foot on that dusty surface of Ossus? you represent that third faction, a third faction i might add that is in fighting with one of the factions for control of Ossus.

During your time in SoR and KDY, you were apart of one of the two big factions and the alliance didn't exist.

JediQuaker
09.09.2019 , 10:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Can't see anything yet that would suggest 6.0 will be anything else than a very uninspired, straight-forward and unintriguing Imp (led by Malgus) versus Rep story we've seen in the game and other SW products countless times.
Umm, what did you expect - cowboys vs indians, Alliance vs Horde?
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

TonyTricicolo
09.09.2019 , 11:02 AM | #17
Problem is the story is delivered at such a glacier's pace. Ossus was a few hours then nothing until 6.0. Now we'll knock this out and wait for a looooong time. Episodic treatment(new content) vs Season bingeing(old content). I hope they have a larger plan installed because little drips don't cut it. Seems like they're winging it. Guess we'll see, eh?
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

OldVengeance
09.09.2019 , 02:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
While I loved KOTFE/KOTET, with KOTET being my favorite expansions story-wise, I'm kind of looking forward to Onslaught. Why? Well because the Galactic War has been a background noise in the story for years now, you hear about it but you might even fight in it for 5 minutes but then the story de-rails into fighting yet another third faction. Before Ossus.

I agree with all of this. I mostly enjoyed Kotfe and Kotet, but it's nice to finally have a dedicated Republic vs Empire story again, our characters kept getting distracted from it.

Kruday
09.09.2019 , 02:42 PM | #19
I enjoyed KOTFE/KOTET and I'm also looking forward to a return to the Imp/Pub conflict. The only thing I'm concerned about is if our character will continue to be treated like a lackey, or will we actually have some agency. I hope the alliance actually supports our character's missions this time around also.

FlameYOL
09.10.2019 , 02:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
FYI just for clarity: Your character represent a third faction, the alliance is still another faction regardless if it is allied to the republic or the empire. so when your boots set foot on that dusty surface of Ossus? you represent that third faction, a third faction i might add that is in fighting with one of the factions for control of Ossus.
Yes, but I'm not fighting another third faction. I AM THE THIRD FACTION
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything