Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So you want to see a new class but what exactly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So you want to see a new class but what exactly?

ZionHalcyon
09.11.2019 , 07:27 PM | #11
Isn't it really though just asking for a new class for the sake of a new class?

The game really isn't designed for it.

If they ever do a SWTOR 2, that would be the time and I think they should go three faction:

Republic:
Trooper
Jedi
SIS

Sith:
Soldier
Sith
Agent

Underworld:
Bounty Hunter
Enforcer
Smuggler

The idea is 9 separate stories. For class balance each of the classes would mirror each other in terms of abilities.

Enforcer would be something like the personal Enforcer of a criminal had who specifically is out there enforcing his boss's best interests and would be something similar to the Jedi or Sith in terms of physical prowess but not necessarily the force powers, perhaps using technology 2 mirror what they can do from a aesthetic standpoint.

The only other thing I would say is that I would have all the classes have a direct beginning middle and end. I would have all the levels already added for launch.

That way everyone gets a complete story, and any additional stories would be factional only taking place during the same timeline is the character stories are.

The other thing is that instead of having separate classes for Jedi and Sith, the current SWTOR classes would be the advanced classes for Jedi and Sith.

High in the sky wishful thinking I know is I don't think there will ever be an SWTOR 2, nor do I think even if there were they be willing to recapture the magic lost when we lost class stories in this game, but if they were willing to do it this is how they could do it successfully from a story perspective and a class balancing perspective.

That way, if they ever so decided to add another class, the story would have a definitive beginning middle end end already, meaning they would know how to Pace the story and also budget for it oh, and they could do one class design and then just give it separate animations and titles in the three different factions.

It's a much more efficient way of tackling it.

OlBuzzard
09.11.2019 , 08:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Isn't it really though just asking for a new class for the sake of a new class?

The game really isn't designed for it.

If they ever do a SWTOR 2, that would be the time and I think they should go three faction:

Republic:
Trooper
Jedi
SIS

Sith:
Soldier
Sith
Agent

Underworld:
Bounty Hunter
Enforcer
Smuggler

The idea is 9 separate stories. For class balance each of the classes would mirror each other in terms of abilities.

Enforcer would be something like the personal Enforcer of a criminal had who specifically is out there enforcing his boss's best interests and would be something similar to the Jedi or Sith in terms of physical prowess but not necessarily the force powers, perhaps using technology 2 mirror what they can do from a aesthetic standpoint.

The only other thing I would say is that I would have all the classes have a direct beginning middle and end. I would have all the levels already added for launch.

That way everyone gets a complete story, and any additional stories would be factional only taking place during the same timeline is the character stories are.

The other thing is that instead of having separate classes for Jedi and Sith, the current SWTOR classes would be the advanced classes for Jedi and Sith.

High in the sky wishful thinking I know is I don't think there will ever be an SWTOR 2, nor do I think even if there were they be willing to recapture the magic lost when we lost class stories in this game, but if they were willing to do it this is how they could do it successfully from a story perspective and a class balancing perspective.

That way, if they ever so decided to add another class, the story would have a definitive beginning middle end end already, meaning they would know how to Pace the story and also budget for it oh, and they could do one class design and then just give it separate animations and titles in the three different factions.

It's a much more efficient way of tackling it.
Hmmm

Not bad !! Not bad at all actually !!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|