Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to stop the removal of LBLO in ops from the game, when 6.0 goes live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Petition to stop the removal of LBLO in ops from the game, when 6.0 goes live!

fushnchips
09.05.2019 , 08:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Which guilds?

Personally, I think LBLO's are great.

I mean, I love OPs, so I run whatever I can get. Look at it this way, if it's a night I know I can set aside 3-4 hours, then I have no problem joining up with friends and PuGs to run through Rav or ToS. But if I only have 1-2 hours, I'm super happy when someone says, hey, we've got a LBLO, want to come heal? Then, if I have time, I can run an alt through and DPS too.

So in my case, LBLO's are all about the time and fun factor. I have more opportunities to do what I like. With this upcoming change, basically I won't get to run OPs more than one night a week. Major bummer.
but doing LBLO's isn't really running ops is it your only being cheap and doing the last boss
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Ardrossan
09.05.2019 , 10:49 PM | #22
Aside from the obvious CXP and Conquest value, there are two things I liked about SM LBLOs

1) They encouraged me to play with my guild. Up until I started doing them, I'd pretty much just acted like a solo taking advantage of the xp/CXP perks and ignoring everyone. LBLOs are fast and you get a lot of cxp, and people in my guild advertised a lot of them, which helps bring people in our community together.

2) They were good learning experiences. Yes, a full run is obviously the best learning experience because you see all the bosses, but I'd never run ops before and was intimidated of full runs, even in SM. Doing a one-shot deal with players that had done the fight many times before provided enough redundancy that i could go in without knowing the fight, and not screw things up, and after doing enough of them, I had enough confidence in my skills to start doing full runs.

As I've said elsewhere, I think petitions are pointless. BW will ram this change through whether we like it or not - and I don't. The only satisfaction I get is that the people coming here to complain about the petition also don't know any better - they're volunteering their time to shill for BW with what they think is the reason, because BW can't be bothered to make a yellow post and just settle it themselves. /golfclap.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Lhancelot
09.05.2019 , 11:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AshEvil View Post
Just thought of putting it out there to let BW know you guys are taking the fun out of group stuff. (I don't mean that in any bad way) As I've been playing this game for six years plus and will keep playing it but you guys need to stop taking the fun out of it.
That's pretty much been the blueprint since 3.0 and on. Any way they can strip some fun off the game, they have managed to do it as each update comes and goes. Critical feedback aside, thank you.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

sharkfishman
09.06.2019 , 12:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
but doing LBLO's isn't really running ops is it your only being cheap and doing the last boss
I run the entire OP whenever time allows, so no, it's not being cheap. It running the content you have time to run. It's no different than running a WB or Queen is it?
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

SushaBrancaleone
09.06.2019 , 03:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
I run the entire OP whenever time allows, so no, it's not being cheap. It running the content you have time to run. It's no different than running a WB or Queen is it?
except the real reason to just do LB (compared to any other boss in the same OPs) is to get the daily, and the conquest objective, (possibly on multiple toons so to cap them fast).

Benirons
09.06.2019 , 06:10 AM | #26
delete

ElectroFidgit
09.06.2019 , 07:53 AM | #27
I read the entire thread before deciding to make this post because I wanted to see if anyone else has brought this up. I've seen more than one of these threads now and yes in this thread one person brought up the fact that people seem to be overlooking, which is that story mode operation difficulty will be even easier than it is now when 6.0 launches. From the dev tracker.

“Scaling Tech in Group Content Feedback | 08.02.2019, 03:39 PM
Hey folks,

We are working on deploying a new patch to PTS which will up the difficulty a bit for group content using our scaling tech. Please be sure to swing back on after the patch and let us know what you think of this new balance.

For some context, here are our goals for difficulties for Operations in Onslaught:
Story mode - This should be easy, an entry level difficulty for players. Should be puggable without the need for voice comms.
Veteran - Starting to be a challenge for groups, even coordinated ones. Still possible in experienced pugs but more likely to be completed by coordinated groups/guilds.
Master - Hardest content in the game. Meant for veteran and skilled players with heavy coordination.
-eric”

Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread, lockouts will still be available for the higher difficulty levels. given all this information, why is this such an alarming idea? I'm not one to presume other people's motives, however given the above information coupled with reading the rest of the thread it does make one Wonder why there is such an uproar.
Refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/K34j26

sharkfishman
09.06.2019 , 08:12 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
except the real reason to just do LB (compared to any other boss in the same OPs) is to get the daily, and the conquest objective, (possibly on multiple toons so to cap them fast).
This may be the case for some people. It's not the case for me. I already mentioned why I feel the way I do.

Also, let me ask you this. What's the difference between a LBLO for KP and running the Eyeless (major source of conquest points), Xeno (ditto), Toborro's Courtyard, etc.?
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Rion_Starkiller
09.06.2019 , 08:30 AM | #29
Not signed.

It's my understanding that the operations are going back to their OG level (KP, EV, EC = level 50), and players are being bolstered down to the appropriate level, similar to how planets work. This way the devs won't have to go through and edit all of the operations with each expansion. Therefore SM operations are going to be even easier. I wonder if we will be able to 4-man some operations? They're going to be like a giant flashpoint
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Tsillah
09.06.2019 , 01:57 PM | #30
Not signed.

It's about time that the pox on this game called 5.0 is fixed. LB runs are just one symptom of everything that has been wrong with SWTOR in the last few years. We need the game to get back to a point where LB runs aren't actually needed.

BioWare better get the reward system right this time because these LB runs actually get better rewards than NiM Ops. Even dailies in Ossus do that. So now we have a generation of overgeared, whiny SM warriors that still have no clue about boss mechanics and think that you need 258 gear to do stuff that was balanced around 236/242 gear.

The other day my new Trooper was kicked from an SM group because my 230 gear (from the command vendor) was considered "too low rating" for an SM Ops. And no it wasn't Gods. And these types of people I also see wipe over and over on Master and Blaster for example cause they have gear but no sense.

LB runs currently are too profitable to ignore right now, but they really need to be purged from this game.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB