Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

Einobi
09.06.2019 , 08:59 AM | #31
At this point of time, I just want to add to the discussion that we should not box ourselves within the confine and constraint of our assumption. For example, new class does not necessarily mean COMBAT class. It could be a Trader class, Salvaging Class, Crafter Class etc etc. What it will be, how it will be delivered, how much it cost to develop, will it be balanced (if it is combat class) etc etc are not the focus of the poll. The poll just want to ask do you want a new CLASS? Yes or No. Don't even need to give any reason for your answer.

Lhancelot
09.06.2019 , 09:12 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
At this point of time, I just want to add to the discussion that we should not box ourselves within the confine and constraint of our assumption. For example, new class does not necessarily mean COMBAT class. It could be a Trader class, Salvaging Class, Crafter Class etc etc. What it will be, how it will be delivered, how much it cost to develop, will it be balanced (if it is combat class) etc etc are not the focus of the poll. The poll just want to ask do you want a new CLASS? Yes or No. Don't even need to give any reason for your answer.
I'd like to see how a game incorporates a trade/crafting class. I never played such a game, I only played MMOs that had crafting as a secondary type activity in the game. I'd be fine if they developed something new like that though, too.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

OlBuzzard
09.06.2019 , 09:24 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
Hmmm Interesting idea. I'm not quite sure how practical but I must admit this is unique ! Due to the nature of MMO's said trader/Salvaging/Crafter class would still need to be proficient at combat. BUT... that class would be interesting. Bottom line I kind of like it.

Question: Would you object to this being added as a subclass or new advanced class to the Smuggler ?
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

BlueWanderer
09.06.2019 , 09:44 AM | #34
No.

As far as I've seen for other MMOs where they add new classes, those new classes are inevitably over-powered and often somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the game/lore.

What could they add anyway? Storm troopers would just be different colored bounty hunters. Republic SIS would just be different colored smugglers (since they'd just be republic versions of imp agents). Gray Jedi? You can already play that.

A class dedicated as a trader or crafter wouldn't work very well, and you can just exclusively craft or trade with an existing class and call it good.

Entertainer? Again, feel free to RP anything you want with any class. I don't see many groups including a "buff support class" in groups or operations.

We can already have a wide array of droid or animal companions, so not much point in dedicating a class for those types of specialties.

Politician would be RP.

It still seems that any new class would either be a duplicate of something we already have or pretty useless outside of RP.

LeMage
09.07.2019 , 12:10 AM | #35
Nope.
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

Monumenta
09.11.2019 , 05:45 PM | #36
Yes please

damonskye
09.11.2019 , 06:12 PM | #37
No. With the obviously limited resources this game functions under today, I would much rather see development of new content for the existing classes.
"Story is flavor. Content is substance. ... SWTOR needs new content. Desperately."
- KeyboardNinja.

ZeroTypeR
09.11.2019 , 09:01 PM | #38
A New Class? No, not really. I would, however, be interested in an expansion to the current classes. For example: A Melee Vanguard that uses a Tech Blade

Or a new Advanced Class, both of which, wouldn't affect the 8 class stories.