Please stop Hutball from being every match. 10 in a row now.

xbassdominatorx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This only happens cause of people leaving maps. We need a debuff for leavers in warzones.

Huttball does not in fact pop more than other maps, just more people load into the same ones cause of leavers. I tested it. It's a myth that huttball pops more.

Edited by Nemmar

This only happens cause of people leaving maps. We need a debuff for leavers in warzones.

Huttball does not in fact pop more than other maps, just more people load into the same ones cause of leavers. I tested it. It's a myth that huttball pops more.

I have not played a single buttball match in the last 2-3 years, and I am not about to start now. Its very existence is partial the reason why I seldom border with regs in the first place. A debuff will only make me queue for regs even less and never prevent me from leave.

What they ought to do, is give people a choice. Group regs into Arenas, DsyncBall and Warzones and then allow people to queue for one or more groups. It might increase queue time a bit, but people like me are leaving anyway. I would love to queue for regs arena to practice for ranked.

Alas none of this is ever going to happen.

Edit: And of the last 7 matches 4 was ¤#¤%¤#%#¤&%¤&%¤ suckball.

Edited by Lundorff

Actually that’s not true. People leaving does not make the same maps or map type pop again. I’m not sure where you got that idea from, but it’s fundamentally wrong

You are also incorrect. HB as a group does pop more than any other map. It you take all HB maps and put them in a group type, they definitely pop more.

1. There are 9 maps

2. There are 3 HB maps

3. Three as a percentage of nine is 33.33%

4. Statistically, HB style should pop 33% of the time. Which by definition is more than any other map type, (maths doesn’t lie)

But here is the clincher. Not all maps pops at the same rate as others. I’ve tested this by tracking 100s of matches for 3 months earlier in the year and have started doing it again since the beginning of December.

I can tell you that my results show some maps pop more than others. And to be transparent I will admit that is an average over time and some maps do pop more or less on some days.

But, the averages for each week also closely resemble the averages for the months and nothing seems to have changed much since my last experiment earlier in the year.

The results are always the same. The top four maps in pop order are these.

1. Vandin Ball

2. Void Star

3. HB

4. Queshball

So having all maps pop at different amounts than others as well as having 3 HB maps in the top 4 pop spots, this causes a statistically anomaly because HB (that’s all maps combined) no longer pops at 33%, it pops higher than that. The average is actually 41% of the pops are HB type maps. Which obviously means you nearly get 2 HB maps for ever other map pop.

It’s important to note, that testing on one specific day or a few days in a week or for a few hours is not long enough to gather enough data to say if HB pops more or less. Some people will experience days where they may not get a HB pop, while other people mostly get HB pops.

This can also come down to how long your game session is, if you only play a few games at a time and get 3 HB pops in a row, your perception would be that it pops all the time. It’s the same as if you played 3 and didn’t get any, your perception would be it never pops.

You don’t have to believe me. I’m not asking you to take this on blind faith. I suggest running the experiment yourself by noting every pvp pop you get when you play.

But you also need record how many hours you played that day. What day it was and what time it was.

The longer your play sessions and the more frequently you play and the longer the experiment runs, the more accurate your results.

I split it up like this to make it easier.

1. column that listed every map

2. time of day

3. Day of week

4. Number of pvp matches queued

5. Number of pvp matches played

6. Number of pvp matches requeued before game starts

7. Time between pops

7. Weekly totals

8. Weekly averages

9. Monthly averages

Let me finish by saying I played 100s of hours to get my results and I was completely surprised to see Void Star pop the second most of any map because it always seemed to me like it didn’t pop much. Which leads to my last point. Perception is everything. If you love HB, you will say it doesn’t pop enough or as much as you’d like. If you hate HB you will say it pops too much. But unless you actually do an experiment like mine, that’s all it is, perception and yours is wrong.

Edit: I would like to add something else. If you requeue these days, you do not pop back into the same match like you used to a few years ago. If there aren’t enough people after you leave to back fill, it actually plays the match with 7v8, even though you are sitting in the queue by yourself, it will not back fill you into the same match you just left.

Once again, if you dont believe that, test it yourself and note who was on the team you left and who was on the other team.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Actually that’s not true. People leaving does not make the same maps or map type pop again. I’m not sure where you got that idea from, but it’s fundamentally wrong

You are also incorrect. HB as a group does pop more than any other map. It you take all HB maps and put them in a group type, they definitely pop more.

1. There are 9 maps

2. There are 3 HB maps

3. Three as a percentage of nine is 33.33%

4. Statistically, HB style should pop 33% of the time. Which by definition is more than any other map type, (maths doesn’t lie)

But here is the clincher. Not all maps pops at the same rate as others. I’ve tested this by tracking 100s of matches for 3 months earlier in the year and have started doing it again since the beginning of December.

I can tell you that my results show some maps pop more than others. And to be transparent I will admit that is an average over time and some maps do pop more or less on some days.

But, the averages for each week also closely resemble the averages for the months and nothing seems to have changed much since my last experiment earlier in the year.

The results are always the same. The top four maps in pop order are these.

1. Vandin Ball

2. Void Star

3. HB

4. Queshball

So having all maps pop at different amounts than others as well as having 3 HB maps in the top 4 pop spots, this causes a statistically anomaly because HB (that’s all maps combined) no longer pops at 33%, it pops higher than that. The average is actually 41% of the pops are HB type maps. Which obviously means you nearly get 2 HB maps for ever other map pop.

It’s important to note, that testing on one specific day or a few days in a week or for a few hours is not long enough to gather enough data to say if HB pops more or less. Some people will experience days where they may not get a HB pop, while other people mostly get HB pops.

This can also come down to how long your game session is, if you only play a few games at a time and get 3 HB pops in a row, your perception would be that it pops all the time. It’s the same as if you played 3 and didn’t get any, your perception would be it never pops.

You don’t have to believe me. I’m not asking you to take this on blind faith. I suggest running the experiment yourself by noting every pvp pop you get when you play.

But you also need record how many hours you played that day. What day it was and what time it was.

The longer your play sessions and the more frequently you play and the longer the experiment runs, the more accurate your results.

I split it up like this to make it easier.

1. column that listed every map

2. time of day

3. Day of week

4. Number of pvp matches queued

5. Number of pvp matches played

6. Number of pvp matches requeued before game starts

7. Time between pops

7. Weekly totals

8. Weekly averages

9. Monthly averages

Let me finish by saying I played 100s of hours to get my results and I was completely surprised to see Void Star pop the second most of any map because it always seemed to me like it didn’t pop much. Which leads to my last point. Perception is everything. If you love HB, you will say it doesn’t pop enough or as much as you’d like. If you hate HB you will say it pops too much. But unless you actually do an experiment like mine, that’s all it is, perception and yours is wrong.

Edit: I would like to add something else. If you requeue these days, you do not pop back into the same match like you used to a few years ago. If there aren’t enough people after you leave to back fill, it actually plays the match with 7v8, even though you are sitting in the queue by yourself, it will not back fill you into the same match you just left.

Once again, if you dont believe that, test it yourself and note who was on the team you left and who was on the other team.

You are not reading correctly, i said people load into the same map. Aka Vandin pops and 8 people load in, 4 leave, 4 moreload in, you now had 12 people loading into Vandin rather than 8. Compound this many times and it's this myth that it pops more when it doesnt.

Also, i have said before that that view is biased. Every map is a different map. If you group huttball maps then you have to group 3 objective maps and the 3 remaining ones. It doesnt change the chance that they pop. And the ones that pop the most are the 3 objective ones. Huttball popped less than 33% of the time on my 5 day sample. Also, i DID run the experiment cause of you and i shared my results. Huttball poping more is a MYTH perpetuated by leavers who don't like it.

That is not what my research yeilded. Maps that popped the most were:

Novare (by far)

Odessen

The pit

Vandin

Quesh was one of the ones that popped the least with void star and hypergates

I did 84 warzones in 5 days across the whole day. This wasnt a short session of 3 for several weeks.

Now, of course there is a randomness to it. But after the study i keep getting a similar experience.

This just confirms it's randomness and it's working as intended. The myth that huttball pops more is a self fulfilling prophecy. While people keep leaving without penalty, more will load into the same huttball matches.

Edited by Nemmar

I have not played a single buttball match in the last 2-3 years, and I am not about to start now. Its very existence is partial the reason why I seldom border with regs in the first place. A debuff will only make me queue for regs even less and never prevent me from leave.

What they ought to do, is give people a choice. Group regs into Arenas, DsyncBall and Warzones and then allow people to queue for one or more groups. It might increase queue time a bit, but people like me are leaving anyway. I would love to queue for regs arena to practice for ranked.

Alas none of this is ever going to happen.

Edit: And of the last 7 matches 4 was ¤#¤%¤#%#¤&%¤&%¤ suckball.

Then take the debuff if you are that adamant. But a debuff will allow more people to see more diversity in their maps. So, its not about you, but about the game. Yours and other people's selective queueing is actualy being more detrimental than helpful.

Huttball has been a warzone since day one. It doesnt get to not be cause you don't like it.

Also do you people even know where desync comes from? It's the net code and it's present in all warzones. You just notice it more in huttball cause of the traps. But it can be very noticeable for melee players when chasing someone down when they are right in front of them but they cant hit them.

The whole game needs a net code fix. Street fighter 5 modders just showed it can be easily done too. I really wish something was done about it. It would vastly improve the pvp experience.

None of this is huttball specific as much as you want to peg it.

Edited by Nemmar

Then take the debuff if you are that adamant. But a debuff will allow more people to see more diversity in their maps. So, its not about you, but about the game. Yours and other people's selective queueing is actualy being more detrimental than helpful.

A debuff "will allow more people to see more diversity in their maps"? What does that even mean? That people will be force-exposed to maps they don't like, because they are afraid of the debuff? Please. In the actual world a debuff would kill the queue. People would either still quit or simply afk the match.

Again, if you want a deserter lock-out you first need to:

• Give people a choice in what to play
  • Fix balancing issues between classes
  • Fix bugs, dsync, hackers
  • Ban all premades to the fiery pits of hades

But of course nothing and more nothing is ever going happen.

You are not reading correctly, i said people load into the same map. Aka Vandin pops and 8 people load in, 4 leave, 4 moreload in, you now had 12 people loading into Vandin rather than 8. Compound this many times and it's this myth that it pops more when it doesnt.

Also, i have said before that that view is biased. Every map is a different map. If you group huttball maps then you have to group 3 objective maps and the 3 remaining ones. It doesnt change the chance that they pop. And the ones that pop the most are the 3 objective ones. Huttball popped less than 33% of the time on my 5 day sample. Also, i DID run the experiment cause of you and i shared my results. Huttball poping more is a MYTH perpetuated by leavers who don't like it.

That is not what my research yeilded. Maps that popped the most were:

Novare (by far)

Odessen

The pit

Vandin

Quesh was one of the ones that popped the least with void star and hypergates

I did 84 warzones in 5 days across the whole day. This wasnt a short session of 3 for several weeks.

Now, of course there is a randomness to it. But after the study i keep getting a similar experience.

This just confirms it's randomness and it's working as intended. The myth that huttball pops more is a self fulfilling prophecy. While people keep leaving without penalty, more will load into the same huttball matches.

1. The loading in or back filling of players has nothing to do with pops. I dont understand the point you are trying to make with your first paragraph. If you mean the same people load back in, then you are incorrect as the system no longer does that.

2. A 5 day sample is not long enough to acquire the necessary data to make your conclusions valid

3. But for arguments sake. Out of those 5 days, how many hours did you play per day, what times of day did you play, how long did you have to wait for pops, how many matches did you play each day and not just how many in total for the 5 days?

4. Only 84 / 5 is a very low same rate if you played 16 matches a day. It’s not even considered a sample because there are 9 maps and that doesn’t even give each map a chance to pop twice.

Im sorry, but you simply can’t use 16 games a day as a sample to justify what pops the most. I’ve had days where HB popped the least, but the average over a week, over a month and over 3 months showed that it did pop more than other maps.

5. When I say hundreds of matches, I should have said that’s per week, playing 50 hours average x 13 = 650 hours game time. That is still a small sample for an experiment, but it is a proper sample.

6. Please explain how your theory of perpetual leavers makes Hutt Ball pop more or less? If you are talking about perspective of those that leave and requeue and get a completely different HB pop, then you don’t understand how the queue system works.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This argument works both ways.

1. People would just stop playing if they got a debuff because they felt the need to leave matches before they started because the maps are broken or they don’t enjoy that map. If they rage quit after it starts, thats a different situation.

2. It’s also not just about you either. There are two sides to this and you are correct with one thing, it’s about the health of the game. And at the moment, forcing people to play broken maps over and over is having a detrimental affect on pvp / game because people are leave and others just refuse to play pvp.

3. I hope you can see the irony in your own statement that it’s not just about you either.

4. What should happen is Bioware should do what’s good for the majority and the game.

* If that means leaving HB in the rotations as it is now, with it’s broken maps, then so be it.

* But if it means removing the maps till they are fixed and also reducing the HB style maps to represent 1 pop in 6 map types (because in fairness, Yavin and CW should also be grouped together). Then that is what should happen.

Bioware have the data at their disposal to look at how much HB style maps are represented vs every other map type. Even they have acknowledged that HB as a group, pops more than any other map type.

(Surely even you can understand that there are 9 maps and 3 HB maps and statistically they should pop 33.33% of the time, which means they pop more than any other map. The maths is irrefutable).

BioWare asked us for feed back on how they could fix this and offered a few solutions. All of us on the forums at the time voiced our opinions and many of us expected some sort of change in 6.0 (or earlier). But as usual, they ask for feed back and then do nothing with it or not even say anything if they feel a change isn’t needed.

So players will continue to have this debate and some like yourself will feel you are right and others will feel they are right. But at the end of the day, you can’t argue with maths and that means HB pops more than any other type of map.

1. People would just stop playing if they got a debuff because they felt the need to leave matches before they started because the maps are broken or they don’t enjoy that map. If they rage quit after it starts, thats a different situation.

2. It’s also not just about you either. There are two sides to this and you are correct with one thing, it’s about the health of the game. And at the moment, forcing people to play broken maps over and over is having a detrimental affect on pvp / game because people are leave and others just refuse to play pvp.

3. I hope you can see the irony in your own statement that it’s not just about you either.

4. What should happen is Bioware should do what’s good for the majority and the game.

* If that means leaving HB in the rotations as it is now, with it’s broken maps, then so be it.

* But if it means removing the maps till they are fixed and also reducing the HB style maps to represent 1 pop in 6 map types (because in fairness, Yavin and CW should also be grouped together). Then that is what should happen.

Bioware have the data at their disposal to look at how much HB style maps are represented vs every other map type. Even they have acknowledged that HB as a group, pops more than any other map type.

(Surely even you can understand that there are 9 maps and 3 HB maps and statistically they should pop 33.33% of the time, which means they pop more than any other map. The maths is irrefutable).

BioWare asked us for feed back on how they could fix this and offered a few solutions. All of us on the forums at the time voiced our opinions and many of us expected some sort of change in 6.0 (or earlier). But as usual, they ask for feed back and then do nothing with it or not even say anything if they feel a change isn’t needed.

So players will continue to have this debate and some like yourself will feel you are right and others will feel they are right. But at the end of the day, you can’t argue with maths and that means HB pops more than any other type of map.

In mathematics, measurement typically refers to understanding units and precision in problems that deal with most concrete measures such as length, area, and volume. But, in statistics, measurement can be a bit more abstract. ... Statistics, however, utilizes inductive reasoning and conclusions are always uncertain.

In mathematics, measurement typically refers to understanding units and precision in problems that deal with most concrete measures such as length, area, and volume. But, in statistics, measurement can be a bit more abstract. ... Statistics, however, utilizes inductive reasoning and conclusions are always uncertain.

Why are you quoting this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/fi-courses/tsdi/unit_2/Essentials/Statvsmath.pdf ? Trying to sound smart? I think this topic has run its course.

A debuff "will allow more people to see more diversity in their maps"? What does that even mean? That people will be force-exposed to maps they don't like, because they are afraid of the debuff? Please. In the actual world a debuff would kill the queue. People would either still quit or simply afk the match.

Again, if you want a deserter lock-out you first need to:

• Give people a choice in what to play
  • Fix balancing issues between classes
  • Fix bugs, dsync, hackers
  • Ban all premades to the fiery pits of hades

But of course nothing and more nothing is ever going happen.

The queue is the warzone queue. Not the only the warzones i like queue. That is what would inflate queue timers and decrease variety. Also, no, i think it would improve the experience for all.

1. The loading in or back filling of players has nothing to do with pops. I dont understand the point you are trying to make with your first paragraph. If you mean the same people load back in, then you are incorrect as the system no longer does that.

2. A 5 day sample is not long enough to acquire the necessary data to make your conclusions valid

3. But for arguments sake. Out of those 5 days, how many hours did you play per day, what times of day did you play, how long did you have to wait for pops, how many matches did you play each day and not just how many in total for the 5 days?

4. Only 84 / 5 is a very low same rate if you played 16 matches a day. It’s not even considered a sample because there are 9 maps and that doesn’t even give each map a chance to pop twice.

Im sorry, but you simply can’t use 16 games a day as a sample to justify what pops the most. I’ve had days where HB popped the least, but the average over a week, over a month and over 3 months showed that it did pop more than other maps.

5. When I say hundreds of matches, I should have said that’s per week, playing 50 hours average x 13 = 650 hours game time. That is still a small sample for an experiment, but it is a proper sample.

6. Please explain how your theory of perpetual leavers makes Hutt Ball pop more or less? If you are talking about perspective of those that leave and requeue and get a completely different HB pop, then you don’t understand how the queue system works.

1. Exactly my point. Huttball doesnt pop more. People loading into huttball and leaving forcing others into the same map is what gives the wrong impression it pops more. In fact, it doesnt. Also, no its not the same people loading the same map.

I dunno how much clearer i can make it. If 16 players get placed in a Vandin map and 8 leave, a total of 24 players now saw a Vandin pop. This takes the place of another pop in time and loads more players into huttball maps giving the impression its always popping when its not. More players get funneled to huttball maps than other maps cause of quitters. That is the problem we have.

2. They are more valid than your loose sample. In fact, thousands of warzones would be necessary to make an extrapolation, but that hasnt stopped you and by the same measure doesnt stop me from refuting it.

3. I posted this in the other thread wich i guess you didnt read. It was from 2pm to 2am gmt+1, on darth malgus. All on lvl75 characters, queue tiners are relatively short. 3 minutes average perhaps. Of course i didnt play non-stop all the time. But there were sessions of multiple continuous hours. I played 84 total, so i guess about that divided by 5 a day. Usually a few hours in the afternoon with a break and a few more hours in the evening.

4. Neither can you. This was enough to confirm what i already knew from the countless warzones i ran playing the game, and that was that the claim that huttball pops more is false.

5 Yes and i have played hundreads of warzones and dont have the impression you do. I entertained your claim and i confirmed it not to be credible. I will not be made to have to track hundreads more warzones just to confirm what i already know to be the case.

6. Becoming annoying. It doesnt pop more. People load into it more and get the impression it does. Huttball does NOT pop more than other maps.

1. Some might. Most won't.

2. All maps are broken according to your desync logic. The only thing that is more broken in huttball atm are the air jets.

You however dont know if removing the maps wont stop more people from queueing. It will also upset paying customers to see the content they pay a sub for get removed rather than fixed.

3. Was there an argument there or just nonsense? I value all warzones. Some people value only some. I don't see where i'm thinking only of myself. On the other hand there are some here very happy to throw out huttball cause they decided not to like it.

4. No, bioware needs to fix them, not remove them.

Bioware already told you huttball pops as much as it should probability wise. Sorry to say but you are outright lying when you say it pops more. You may have that impression because of the issue i mentioned but from what bioware said, my impression as a non huttball leaver and the test i did, i am certain that huttball doesnt pop more. It's a myth being created by leavers forcing more people to load into huttball maps. Bioware most certainly hasnt said that huttball pops more. Quote or you're lying, and really it better not be the one where they told you it has the same chance to pop. I want a quote where they say specificly that an individual huttball map pops more than the other maps. I don't want bs like grouping all 3 and comparing to just one like all huttball maps are the same. No disonesty.

A debuff is the solution to this problem. Not for me but because everyone will see a bigger variety of maps rather than be funneled into huttball maps by people who constantly leave them. You people leaving is the problem. You are creating the myth.

Edited by Nemmar

1. Some might. Most won't.

2. All maps are broken according to your desync logic. The only thing that is more broken in huttball atm are the air jets.

You however dont know if removing the maps wont stop more people from queueing. It will also upset paying customers to see the content they pay a sub for get removed rather than fixed.

3. Was there an argument there or just nonsense? I value all warzones. Some people value only some. I don't see where i'm thinking only of myself. On the other hand there are some here very happy to throw out huttball cause they decided not to like it.

4. No, bioware needs to fix them, not remove them.

Bioware already told you huttball pops as much as it should probability wise. Sorry to say but you are outright lying when you say it pops more. You may have that impression because of the issue i mentioned but from what bioware said, my impression as a non huttball leaver and the test i did, i am certain that huttball doesnt pop more. It's a myth being created by leavers forcing more people to load into huttball maps. Bioware most certainly hasnt said that huttball pops more. Quote or you're lying, and really it better not be the one where they told you it has the same chance to pop. I want a quote where they say specificly that an individual huttball map pops more than the other maps. I don't want bs like grouping all 3 and comparing to just one like all huttball maps are the same. No disonesty.

A debuff is the solution to this problem. Not for me but because everyone will see a bigger variety of maps rather than be funneled into huttball maps by people who constantly leave them. You people leaving is the problem. You are creating the myth.

/sigh, I guess it’s impossible to explain the basics of how mathematics works. So I’ll leave it at that. Because if you can not under stand that 33% is higher than 11%, nothing I can say will make sense to you.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I would be pretty displeased if they lumped all HBs as one map type, and had it pop evenly with other types. Original HB is fun. And I actually don't mind Vandin when people choose to play the game. Quesh is awful. I honestly think it's the map that started the "ignore objectives" mentality. So if they changed the pop rate of all HBs to act as one map, you'd see original HB pop rate drop by 66.67%. Edited by AndriusAjax

/sigh, I guess it’s impossible to explain the basics of how mathematics works. So I’ll leave it at that. Because if you can not under stand that 33% is higher than 11%, nothing I can say will make sense to you.

Again you are being misleading. Huttball maps popped less than 33% of the time in my test (though they will tend to 33% the more cases there are) and it corresponds to the experience i've had for many hundreads of them. If you want to group all huttball maps together, then you need to group all 3 objectives maps together and the remaining 3. All 3 of those groups must pop 33% of the time for balance or every one of the maps must pop 11% of the time. That is what is balanced.

You are the one that doesn't get it. You don't get to pretend 3 huttball maps are all the same map. They aren't. Indeed there is a difference between 33% and 11%. 33% corresponds to 3 maps, 11% to only one.

"objective type" is not a differentiating factor in warzones. They are all warzones. An 8v8 objective based map with respawns. Only one that doesn't belong is arena. It's a different game type. Huttball, novare, odessen, all of them are the same gameplay type, wich is what warzones are.

I would be pretty displeased if they lumped all HBs as one map type, and had it pop evenly with other types. Original HB is fun. And I actually don't mind Vandin when actually people play the game. Quesh is awful. I honestly think it's the map that started the "ignore objectives" mentality. So if they changed the pop rate of all HBs to act as one map, you'd see original HB pop rate drop by 66.67%.

On a different note, i do agree that Quesh is pretty bad. It should not be possible to pass the ball from the ground level to the top level. They should fix that.

Edited by Nemmar

Has anyone here actually mentioned the number of matches they've tracked in these "studies"?

I could say that in the matches I queued last night I got huttbal type games 75% of the time, which is true.

I also only queued 4 matches, which is a statistically insignificant sample.

"Matches in one night" can also be called a "small sample size".

I've played a night's worth of matches before and gotten only one HB.

Edit: yes, 3/4 doesn't mean much. And I'm not sure why we're trying to poke holes in what they stated as each wz having an equal opportunity to pop. Isn't there a dev comment on that? Seems about right to me.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Why are you quoting this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/fi-courses/tsdi/unit_2/Essentials/Statvsmath.pdf ? Trying to sound smart? I think this topic has run its course.

Do you think I sound smart? How lovely, thanks!

But yeah, I’m sorry, would you like me to provide a detailed annex with links to quotes Professor?

Edited by Eastiano

random is random I doubt they go out of their way to "not" make warzone random

but I am sure they didn't go out of their way to make it feel "less random."

because real random could even be 100-time hutball as there is no diminishing return of probability

if every time a game start there is a roll of dice 1-10 and each warzone is a number theoretically you can get 8 even 100 times in raw is not probable but is remotely possible

on the other hand, you could make not real "random" but weight it in a way that if you roll 8 next time you cannot roll 8 anymore that is not truly random and that will have to be coded (but it would be complicated as it should account for every previous player match, not just yours)

Overall I think it is just random, and you are just unlucky or lucky depending on the point of view. I like hutball, but I wouldn't want it 10 times in raw, I like diversity more.