Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

LudhaninRolgge
10.04.2018 , 05:24 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Not if it's only with a sixth of the cooldown it isn't.
I think you didn't understand. The problem is not so much the .25 gcd after you use PS. The problem is that PS now respect the GCD. So where we could do Discharge > PS during the GCD > Discharge, now we have to do Discharge then PS AFTER the GCD is finished THEN Discharge after the .25 delay. It adds a GCD + .25" in between the 2 Discharges.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

FlavivsAetivs
10.04.2018 , 05:48 PM | #42
Of course people are still getting launched because this "fix"/change had absolutely nothing to do with the problem. Using Shadow Stride while force speed was active has absolutely zero to do with the reason people are getting launched, which has everything to do with position and the relationship between two objects on the vertical axis.

You can trigger the launches with holotraverse by having another player on slightly higher ground jump and you holotraverse in mid-air, and it will fling you until you hit something. I've seen that used in some nefarious ways in fact. (You can't do it with shadow stride, interestingly enough.)
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

LudhaninRolgge
10.04.2018 , 06:04 PM | #43
To be fair, BW never said it was to fix the flinging across the map. They just said :"an issue when this ability (Phantom Stride) was overlapped with other movement abilities".

For all we know, it could be a complitely different problem, maybe with the grappling in the new Huttball map. In any case, the change they made doesn't serve any purpose and just hinders sins more than anything so a revert to pre-5.9.3 would be the best solution.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée

AdjeYo
10.05.2018 , 01:04 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
I think you didn't understand. The problem is not so much the .25 gcd after you use PS. The problem is that PS now respect the GCD. So where we could do Discharge > PS during the GCD > Discharge, now we have to do Discharge then PS AFTER the GCD is finished THEN Discharge after the .25 delay. It adds a GCD + .25" in between the 2 Discharges.
And as I pointed out that's nonsense, before you could use Stride during the GCD sure, but the discharge would still require you to wait until the GCD was over. Now you wait for the GCD to be over to use stride (when you could use discharge before) and wait .25 seconds after stride. So you add .25 seconds between discharges, not a GCD+.25

Equeliber
10.05.2018 , 04:54 AM | #45
And as I pointed out that's nonsense, before you could use Stride during the GCD sure, but the discharge would still require you to wait until the GCD was over. Now you wait for the GCD to be over to use stride (when you could use discharge before) and wait .25 seconds after stride. So you add .25 seconds between discharges, not a GCD+.25
You clearly don't play much sin or just haven't even tested it after the changes.

I don't play it much myself but I instantly noticed the issue after testing it. I also compared it to Holotraverse during Lethality rotation.

Despite the patch notes putting PS and Holo together the way they work now is completely different.
Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Bramau, Operative Eirinn, Sith Juggernaut Darth Malgus
<Nerfherders>

LudhaninRolgge
10.05.2018 , 05:01 AM | #46
So for you being able to PS during the GCD or having to wait for the end of the GCD is not a big deal ? You don't play a sin, do you ?
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée

AdjeYo
10.05.2018 , 05:50 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
So for you being able to PS during the GCD or having to wait for the end of the GCD is not a big deal ? You don't play a sin, do you ?
I'm not saying it's not a big deal, it still somewhat hampers mobility and reduces dps. But the GCD you have to wait until you can use Phantom Stride isn't a dps loss, only the .25 seconds GCD after Stride is.

LudhaninRolgge
10.05.2018 , 06:03 AM | #48
I'm not saying it's not a big deal, it still somewhat hampers mobility and reduces dps. But the GCD you have to wait until you can use Phantom Stride isn't a dps loss, only the .25 seconds GCD after Stride is.
As I said, the problem is not so much that it's a DPS loss (80 DPS according to FlavivsAetivs), but that it makes Deception rotation very clunky not being able to PS in between 2 Discharges.
And since it doesn't fix any of the problems of PS there's no reason to not go back to pre-5.9.3 PS.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée

mxdudek
10.07.2018 , 08:09 AM | #49
DPS loss is not the biggest issue with that. It's just that it feels wrong.
Filthy casual
7 Days Of Premium

TheDramaKing
10.08.2018 , 05:23 AM | #50
@ DEVS

You didn’t fix anything. We still fly because you can’t implement a teleport.
Why don’t you test this kind of stuff properly before it goes live?
Second, who tests this stuff for you wasn’t able to tell you what a nerf this is for Sin/Shadow?

ANOTHER nerf to this class for absolutely nothing.