Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

Darittha
10.03.2018 , 10:58 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Force Speed is usable off the gcd in case you haven't noticed. So you can open with Force Pull + Force Speed in the same GCD just like Sins have done before Phantom Stride. There's plenty of reason to be annoyed with this change, but honestly Sin tank's opener is really not one of them.
youre correct, realized that some time after i wrote it - but since thats the case it destroys their already pretty vague argument that was suppose to justify the addition of the GCD: ".25 second Global Cooldown has been added to Shadow Stride to prevent an issue when this ability was overlapped with other movement abilities." -but like u said Force Speed is off GCD so when you use it, u can immediately use Phantom Stride and then u have Phantom Stride overlapping with another movement ability.

invertioN
10.03.2018 , 11:10 PM | #32
It's so annoying I'd rather not have the ability so I don't have to deal with this ********.
Hmm I have an idea - why don't we give phantom stride to sorcs ?
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

Darittha
10.04.2018 , 12:56 AM | #33
best thing now would be if they simply undone this GCD and returned Phantom Stride to it pre 5.9.3 version.

FlavivsAetivs
10.04.2018 , 08:00 AM | #34
Quote:
How would one do the math to find that ? I'm curious. I tried earlier, but obviously failed since I found a bigger DPS lost
On a 2.5 mil parse you'll use shadow stride 8 times and a total amount of additional downtime of 2 seconds. Shadow parses about 10.5K DPS, so when you calculate that out your total loss is about 80 DPS off your parse.

It's a larger loss if you're not good at the spec and your APM are low, or if you have larger lagtime with your ping, or if somewhere in there you lose a saber strike due to the extra downtime. Obviously RNG can be a rather annoying factor with this spec too. But the actual DPS loss is only like 80 DPS.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

AdjeYo
10.04.2018 , 09:35 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
But yeah, this really screws with shadow rotation, it makes it extremely clunky and annoying, and severely hamper's Shadow's/Sin's utility on the few fights where it's actually extremely useful. E.g. Brontes, where you can zip around through the Clock Phase, etc. This is because you now have an essentially 1.55 second delay where you're doing 0 DPS, and in that time frame that's all it takes for other DPS classes to do enough damage clean up, whereas deception/infiltration had a slight advantage in that role.
I don't see how you're losing 1.55 seconds. Sure you have to wait until the GCD is over to use phantom stride, whereas before you could immediately use it. However you had to wait for the GCD ended before you could actually deal damage anyway if you did so, so really you're only delayed .25 seconds, where other melee dps (except operatives, but who actaully plays operative dps ) have to use their charge, which deal some token damage, but have 6 times the gcd duration.

FlavivsAetivs
10.04.2018 , 03:37 PM | #36
0 DPS is worse than even having crap DPS on their charge. It's not a huge loss, as I said. But it's an annoying one, especially because this change didn't fix a damn thing. I wouldn't be as annoyed if it actually solved the problems with Shadow Stride, but it doesn't.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

AdjeYo
10.04.2018 , 03:49 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
0 DPS is worse than even having crap DPS on their charge.
Not if it's only with a sixth of the cooldown it isn't.

Kirtastropohe
10.04.2018 , 03:58 PM | #38
Just put us out of our misery and remove the class from the game, BW. You've been systematically @#$$ing us for years, especially since 5.0. We're already a joke, and you screw us even more? I honestly don't know what the heck you guys are thinking. Stop screwing us to fix the things you've broken.

Elssha
10.04.2018 , 03:59 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
I was launched across the map earlier today in the new huttball so now it doesn't fix anything.

Oh great... maybe now they can just undo the fix that doesn't fix anything... maybe? Please?

I really don't want to have to re-learn my whole opener

Darittha
10.04.2018 , 04:07 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Elssha View Post

Oh great... maybe now they can just undo the fix that doesn't fix anything... maybe? Please?

I really don't want to have to re-learn my whole opener
same goes for me