Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

TheCourier-

I have a better idea. Get rid of rage spec and buff watchman and vigilance spec.

what's funny to me is that they nerfed watchman to begin with. it wasn't wrecking anything. carnarge was always the better pvp build. and they buffed a spec that already had good players doing great dmg with it.

iunno. w/e

Annihilation/watchman was good before people knew how to cleanse, and bubblestun made it even worse. Bubblestun kills combat/carnage completely as far as dps.

That said, I highly doubt they are going to keep team bubblestun in this game. Noone likes it. It completely ruined pvp and killed many viable specs like dps operatives.

Annihilation is still fine in pve and it appears combat/carnage is what they want us to play in pvp (when they moved the 80 percent group speed to combat/carnage that should have told you something). There is nothing wrong with combat if bubblestun is removed.

As far as buttons? Rage/focus uses just as many buttons as the other specs. That said it has the least skillcap as far as doing "decent with it".

In carnage slam is replaced by massacre and you watch gore instead of sing procs. Rage/focus has one more button (the extra charge). Carnage/combat is probably the "twitchiest" of the 3 specs and by far the least forgiving.

Annhilation/watchman adds deadly saber, but force scream is borderline useless with the spec. You are watching two procs reset, along with rage builders (but all specs have to watch that). There is a lot going on with annhilation, but you aren't totally screwed if you are a little slow on the buttons. With carnage/combat you are.

Carnage = to annihilation in difficulty. Rage actually uses one more button (second charge, and crush replaces gore), but is much more forgiving.

I am perfectly happy playing carnage IF bubblestun is removed. If not? I will be 3 shotting sages/sorc with a sniper from now on. I can't play my PT/vanguard. It is too boring. Almost as boring as a sage/sorc. With sniper at least I get to hit more buttons then PT, even if I am kneeling down almost the entire time.

If bubblestun isn't removed, expect a gigantic migration to the sniper class, well for the people who keep subbing at least. Many might just leave the game.

Right now though, on a decent pvp server, where everyone stacks bubble sorcs? Yeah carnage/combat sucks. It isn't so much that the spec is horrible, as much as it is an on demand team stun (click off the bubble) that doesn't fill resolve.

Concealment op's/scoundrels are just as screwed atm. Whatever though. They either remove bubblestun or they don't. If they don't? I don't know if I will even bother playing a sniper. Turn based pvp isn't my thing...

Edited by biowareftw

what's funny to me is that they nerfed watchman to begin with. it wasn't wrecking anything. carnarge was always the better pvp build. and they buffed a spec that already had good players doing great dmg with it.

iunno. w/e

Not really. The burst isn't as high as the other two specs, but the survivability was so incredible people would always complain about it. Gbtf and UR compliment watchman and anni more than the other two specs due to the healing alone. And for those of us that had 43% base force crit before the nerf, 58% with 5 stacks of juyo, we were constantly healing ourselves for at least 300 per tic whenever we'd apply dots, given that all of them generally would crit. That's insane healing, not to mention the damage with little over 900 primary and 79 surge rating. Melting people with dots anf constant crits, all the heals as if i had a pocket healer, at least 100k heals a match, ahh the good ole days...

Carnage is good, its what I'm using atm, but anyone who knows how it works can shut you down. Sure classes that cleanse can slow a watchman down, but not as much as you can lock down a carnage Mara with well placed stuns. Cleansed are on a 5-6 second cooldown. You'll be wasting time since all the Mara will do is out it on you while you wait again for it to come off cd.

or just nerf rage/focus

when nerfs added with buffs the imbalance remains

annihilation was strong, they nerfed it, buffed rage and *** do u know!? mara's still are imbalanced

so just straight out nerf rage/focus, keep your 48784743 defensive cooldowns and stop crying your class will be fine with a rage nerf

edit: try playing a fking sorc... 8 months ago we ate a nerf.. and were compensated with NOTHING.. our class has NO defensive cooldowns , our best ability (bubble stun) is cried about every day on the forums and our single target dmg is a joke

Edited by wwkingms

Not really. The burst isn't as high as the other two specs, but the survivability was so incredible people would always complain about it. Gbtf and UR compliment watchman and anni more than the other two specs due to the healing alone. And for those of us that had 43% base force crit before the nerf, 58% with 5 stacks of juyo, we were constantly healing ourselves for at least 300 per tic whenever we'd apply dots, given that all of them generally would crit. That's insane healing, not to mention the damage with little over 900 primary and 79 surge rating. Melting people with dots anf constant crits, all the heals as if i had a pocket healer, at least 100k heals a match, ahh the good ole days...

Carnage is good, its what I'm using atm, but anyone who knows how it works can shut you down. Sure classes that cleanse can slow a watchman down, but not as much as you can lock down a carnage Mara with well placed stuns. Cleansed are on a 5-6 second cooldown. You'll be wasting time since all the Mara will do is out it on you while you wait again for it to come off cd.

this where BW fails even when they try to do something logical. they nerfed ALL sentinel survivability when they took a second off of gbtf. meanwhile, the nerfed the range on just about everybody (mostly their stuns). in addition to that, they nerfed the self heal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, multiple changes that even have the potential to affect the same thing should not occur at once. they wait forever to do something. and instead of a gentle tweak, it's like a whole new xpac drops. of course ppl are going rage.

Marauder is one class that has all three trees that need absolutely no buffs.

I can't believe I'm even hearing people complain about marauder and asking for buffs. I hate to say it but if you're having any issues with this class, it's you.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg566/Thecourier92/2b337d20.jpg

Watchman spec pre-1.4.

I'm not having issues with sentinel because of my skill. Bioware killed two specs for sentinel, and focus spec is going to be unviable for PVP for sentinel soon. The best solution is to give watchman spec back it's survivability.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg566/Thecourier92/2b337d20.jpg

Watchman spec pre-1.4.

I'm not having issues with sentinel because of my skill. Bioware killed two specs for sentinel, and focus spec is going to be unviable for PVP for sentinel soon. The best solution is to give watchman spec back it's survivability.

I think that the Watchman and the Combat is already quite strong, as well as Vigilance also for the Guardians. They SEEM to be weak only because the Focus is OP.

does any of the mara/sent trees really need a buff? ive seen a lot of people say that all 3 trees are viable. obviously rage/focus is a step above the other two, but *if* that tree does get nerfed i dont think buffing the others as consolation is a responsible move, especially if those other 2 trees are already viable in their current state

All three mara trees were viable before the rage buff as far as pvp. That healing nerf really hurt annihilation though so now it's kinda meh, but eh only reason annihilation was king before wasn't because of it's burst just cause you could stay alive for like ever with that healing, it's more in line now.

All three mara trees were viable before the rage buff as far as pvp. That healing nerf really hurt annihilation though so now it's kinda meh, but eh only reason annihilation was king before wasn't because of it's burst just cause you could stay alive for like ever with that healing, it's more in line now.

I won't lie the healing was OP depending on your crit setup. That's probably why they nerfed it.

this: my healing was roughly 25%~30% of my dps

Would have been even more had you ran with the 58% crit setup. :p And if this new juyo form buff is true from the data mines, that would be an extra 5. Man I miss those heals. :( idk if anyone else ran with that setup, but on my server people thought I was heal hacking lol.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

The buff to watchman looked like around a 10% increase to damage (counting all of the buffs). Watchman's issue is survivability. The nerf to watchman's self healing was way too drastic.

Actually iirc they nerfed watchman damage by 10% early in 2012. (Back when people thought we sucked, and that the few good ones were hackers) So if anything this just restored it. The healing from saber ward seems like a decent buff to survivability too.

Saber ward is on way too long of a cooldown. Deflection for jedi shadow is on a 2 minute cooldown, and resilience (one of the strongest cooldowns in the game) is on a 1 minute cooldown. Saber ward is a 3 minute cooldown. So, making saber ward slightly stronger won't add a lot of survivability.

People switched because the damage of watchmen was never amazing by any means. What made the spec good was its survivability. When they nerfed the self heals they killed the spec because the uptime of that spec is what made it viable. If you're going to nerf it's survivability they should of the very least increased its damage, because lets be honest, the spec doesn't have any real burst to spec of. The heals need to be brought back to how they originally were or they need to increase the damage of the spec to make up for the loss of uptime from the heals.

Sounds a lot like what most DPS Sorcs have been saying about their class.

change the title of this thread bw has stated they dont respond to NERF threads so post a new title like

"changes to watchman need reevaluated etc"

They don't respond to any kind of threads, so it's completely the same if he changes his thread title or not. After all making a response would demand someone with actual knowledge of PVP which EAware doesn't have any more.