certain flashpoint people, maybe a bit too serious?

a few times, although rare (about 1/20 times) i will do a tactical flashpoint as my sorc, which i sometimes switch to heals, although lightning is my favorite. i will not aggro anything unless it's just a small, 4-pack group of standard NPCs, and i keep my teammates all patched up and fine.

whenever i feel satisfied that my peeps are well-off and not in any danger ( anywhere between 100-85% health), i peck at some enemies that are low on health, being ignored, and pumping some unwanted damage on my teammates. i felt, "oh well, i have attacks, might as well make use of them...", so i do! turns out, some people, yet very few of the population though, will get pretty pissed if you do anything but healing.

typically the tank, won't be too happy with you if you strike at any enemies first, even if its just few weaks/standards any 55er could handle themselves, regardless of how they're spec'd. i certainly know the tank's role in this, they're usually the leader that everyone listens to and they take the brunt of the attacks. still, as a part-time healer i feel like some people draw pretty narrow boxes for the roles, after all, what fun is a game when you don't actually do any fighting?!

a lot of people i do group content with are really nice. usually they let me dps a bit until they need help (my 100-85% rule works pretty well with most people) and we all pass items we have no use for, unless they are extremely valuable. we usually plan out an attack and say "cc that droid, and focus on him, him, and him" and we are always successful. sometimes we talk about our interests, and we discuss the game and what we'd like to see (i really wish i friended them at the end, damn it!)

i wish the minority of FPers weren't so hardcore about it, especially when everyone is bolstered and we've all done these things many times. anyone else had these problems or am i really just that g0d d@mn (sorry, had to encript that!) awful? i don't think so because most people like me in FPs.

Edited by CyberneticDucks

in tactical fp's there isn't much to hold me back.

I pull as a healer and a as a dps whenever I want (no, I'm not going to pull on 30% hp unless I'm on my ops heal)

when there's a rare occassion that I do a tactical as a tank (which is even rarer, because I don't do a lot of tactical fp's anyway) I don't care who pulls as long as it isn't the 25k hp guy who doesn't do any dmg (recently had one of those in Tython, while I was on my ops heal, it resulted in me just letting him die)

i wish the minority of FPers weren't so hardcore about it, especially when everyone is bolstered and we've all done these things many times. anyone else had these problems or am i really just that g0d d@mn (sorry, had to encript that!) awful? i don't think so because most people like me in FPs.

Nope, you're not. I play a healer myself and when people are topped off, not in any kind of danger of loosing health fast, I fire at some normal mobs as well. Why shouldn't I? A little more DPS to help the killing speed up is not wrong, in my mind.

However, I do have the feeling that there are those people that take instance runs way to serious. I like to make a joke every now and then when the situation allows it. Like the 16 person SM Dread Fortress run I did not to long ago with a PUG. When one of the exploding droids took out 8 people, all I said was "Nice shot. :)" There were those that were really pissed off about that comment, and it wasn't even the people that were killed by the droid.

I play this game to have fun. If people want to be incredibly serious about everything they do, including playing a game, then I suggest to those people they should also be incredibly serious about their behaviour towards other people. But I guess I'm asking a bit to much of those people.

When I'm on my sage healer in a tactical FP expect everyone to be bubbled and me casting Forcequake on that pack of mobs. Rinse. Repeat.

Get vote kicked by random 'tards once in a while.

Edited by slafko

Nope, you're not. I play a healer myself and when people are topped off, not in any kind of danger of loosing health fast, I fire at some normal mobs as well. Why shouldn't I? A little more DPS to help the killing speed up is not wrong, in my mind.

However, I do have the feeling that there are those people that take instance runs way to serious. I like to make a joke every now and then when the situation allows it.....

I also play as a healer as well. I have multiple types of healers in both factions. I agree that some people play as serious to the point of being elitists, but I have also seen others play like they don't care to plan out a successful strategy.

Being a healer, i have always used a similar tactic in healing. As long as everyone is healed and looking good, then by all means help out your team by dropping some dps on the enemy, cleanse, and interupt some abilities to avoid the enemy using some tactics against you and your team.. A healer is never just a healer. We do a great amount of work and watch everyone's health bars.

I have also seen or experienced some people that don't take the mission or quest too serious though, as well. Some like to take a 30+ minute flashpoint, and try to get through it in 3 minutes, run ahead, skip mobs, no guards or taunting being used, or leave healer behind with low health (after the fact the healer has healed everyone, but has not yet replenished his own health or force) so they can just keep fighting, or run through an area not bothering asking questions or making sure everyone is on same wavelength.

Someone that does not like to repeatedly die or have to spend huge fees on repair bills is not an elitist or too serious, they are just someone that likes to be successful. In my opinion, what is truly needed to succeed is a good balance. The ability to play the game, have fun, joke with your comrades (in group chat, guild chat, or some form of V.O.I.P.), while crushing your enemy is what it is all about.

Ppl seem to take all fp:s bit too serious. When things are new or i play some char/spec i don't often use i tend to focus so that things go smoothly. But normally... cmon it's fp...

but hey most mechanics are like this: Tank need's to know one mechanic and hold agro, dps need to do the damage and healer need's to be "healish".

So if you just can cope your "official role" in addition to all the i want to /dance with this rakghoul and "look ma i has koltobeam and kewl mounts" there ain't any problem. Biggest issues seem's to allways relate that some basics are missing.

Only few fights seem to be often a challenge to ppl like CCL botfight hm with the electric floor (healer pressure, pull, and adds) All the tanks seem to have learned the generator run(desert) and dps "whack the bats"(jungle) in meltdown hm :D

something i noted in your post. are you attacking those weak mobs AFTER the tank initiates combat, or before? becasue I have news for you. if you attack even a single mob in a group before anyone else, you don't just have threat on that mob - you have threat on ALL mobs and now instead of setting up a nice, comfy pull, tank has to scramble to save your squishy healer butt.

most people don't mind if you deeps as a healer, as long as the group is near full health. most people DO mind it if you, as a healer do the attacking first. its not about being too serious. its about the fact that as a tank, it can add unneeded stress and make the run unfun. flashpoints should be fun, yes? so maybe develop a tiny smidgen of patience so that they are fun for everyone, not just for you.

and yes, I mainly play healers (with occasional tanks) and yes I throw some dps in whenever there's an opportunity, and I've yet to have anyone say anything about it. becasue I tend to be considerate when I do that.

However, I do have the feeling that there are those people that take instance runs way to serious. I like to make a joke every now and then when the situation allows it.

I had one incedent of 16 of us doing Scum & Villany, and that was during winter, and we were throwing snowballs, too.

One group member said in an very intimidating voice that he didn't want / appreciate it. Later, he left during / in the middle of the last boss fight before the end boss.

We made it through without him, regardless.

something i noted in your post. are you attacking those weak mobs AFTER the tank initiates combat, or before? becasue I have news for you. if you attack even a single mob in a group before anyone else, you don't just have threat on that mob - you have threat on ALL mobs and now instead of setting up a nice, comfy pull, tank has to scramble to save your squishy healer butt.

I don't believe so - imho you aggro only mobs / groups that are standing close to one another, but these can be defeated by individual party members anyway. Except bigger bosses, of course.

At least in the runs I participated in, there really is no "scramble", because everyone is doiung everything anyway - which includes helping each other out as well.

KDY is some kind of "free-for-all" FP, except the few riddles within it. ( I had a few runs with *no-one* having a clue to solve these riddles ... Doing anything else (especially damage) is sooo much more easier ... )

The only things that require *real* strategy are the end boss fights, imho.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

tacticals are not flashpoints, u can faceroll to the max in tacticals..stop complaining about them, there is no skill involved in the thing. chain pull mobs, aoe and move on...

Stupid fest imo..

Get rid of these garbage tacticals BIOWARE lol the last straw in my book...right, tactical operation coming soon... glad May 31st is around the corner :D WS FTW

tacticals are not flashpoints, u can faceroll to the max in tacticals..stop complaining about them, there is no skill involved in the thing. chain pull mobs, aoe and move on...

Stupid fest imo..

Get rid of these garbage tacticals BIOWARE lol the last straw in my book...right, tactical operation coming soon... glad May 31st is around the corner :D WS FTW

You sound like someone who is disappointed that he or she has no possibility to apply and show "real skills" in these FPs anymore - and thererfore dislikes them.

Like "it was hard for me - it should be hard for everyone else, too !"

most people don't mind if you deeps as a healer, as long as the group is near full health. most people DO mind it if you, as a healer do the attacking first. its not about being too serious. its about the fact that as a tank, it can add unneeded stress and make the run unfun. flashpoints should be fun, yes? so maybe develop a tiny smidgen of patience so that they are fun for everyone, not just for you.

and yes, I mainly play healers (with occasional tanks) and yes I throw some dps in whenever there's an opportunity, and I've yet to have anyone say anything about it. becasue I tend to be considerate when I do that.

i attack those mobs when no one is in combat and everyone is full health, but i did not know that, very interesting...

Stupid fest imo..

i like the speed and rewards as well as the bolster of tac FPs but the single round of conversation in every tac FP and lack of any, intricate, twisting story you would find in regular FP is horrible. i an not complaining about the tac FPs, just the hardcore people that suck out the fun.

I had one incedent of 16 of us doing Scum & Villany, and that was during winter, and we were throwing snowballs, too.

One group member said in an very intimidating voice that he didn't want / appreciate it. Later, he left during / in the middle of the last boss fight before the end boss.

We made it through without him, regardless.

I don't believe so - imho you aggro only mobs / groups that are standing close to one another, but these can be defeated by individual party members anyway. Except bigger bosses, of course.

At least in the runs I participated in, there really is no "scramble", because everyone is doiung everything anyway - which includes helping each other out as well.

KDY is some kind of "free-for-all" FP, except the few riddles within it. ( I had a few runs with *no-one* having a clue to solve these riddles ... Doing anything else (especially damage) is sooo much more easier ... )

The only things that require *real* strategy are the end boss fights, imho.

you are aggroing a group of mobs standing close to one another, but at least half the time- that group is going to have some strongs, some elites in addition to weak mobs. and in tacticals, there are just a lot of them, and even weak mobs in quantity can do a LOT of damage.

you may not notice the scramble, becasue tank manages to get situation under control quickly, again and again. bu it doesn't mean its not happening.

i attack those mobs when no one is in combat and everyone is full health, but i did not know that, very interesting...

basically, what you are doing is pulling. attacking one mob in a group? is like attacking the whole group. it works the same way when you solo. in general tanks don't like that because instead of mobs being grouped up away, they are now all running for you, sometimes fast enough that tank has to change their opening rotation, that may put them at cooldown disadvantage etc.

as a general rule? do NOT pull for the tank, especially tank you don't really know - a stranger in a group finder pug. once your group is in combat and health bars are good? THEN you can help dps.

You sound like someone who is disappointed that he or she has no possibility to apply and show "real skills" in these FPs anymore - and thererfore dislikes them.

Like "it was hard for me - it should be hard for everyone else, too !"

you sound like someone that dps's with alot of alactrity and defense stats, and is mad that you get vote kicked from real fp's....

whats the point of playing something , if you arent being challenged? go play tic tac toe or some facebook kiddie games...

Either way people like you are winning, this game is caving to the vanity girly men, who just wanna play dress up and have zero skill..

Trophies for everyone..hurray bioware

I have also seen or experienced some people that don't take the mission or quest too serious though, as well. Some like to take a 30+ minute flashpoint, and try to get through it in 3 minutes, run ahead, skip mobs, no guards or taunting being used, or leave healer behind with low health (after the fact the healer has healed everyone, but has not yet replenished his own health or force) so they can just keep fighting, or run through an area not bothering asking questions or making sure everyone is on same wavelength.

Ah yeah, those. I have met my (un)fair share of those. Somehow, when this happens, it always turns out that at some point I just stay behind and try to heal myself first. Then wait for my power to come back and then I'll think about catching up. Usually not really necessary as then the people wanting to rush are either a) healing themselves or b) lying dead on the floor. Option b happens more often and that means I will have to cloak out, catch up and perhaps make a remark like "What a fine mess you guys made" before rezzing them. :D

Rushing through is what actually makes do hardly more then three flashpoints a week (just to get the weekly galactic conflicts done). Rushing through an instance is usually the exact problem of most wipes. Rush will push you into haste and haste will push you into the grave.

Someone that does not like to repeatedly die or have to spend huge fees on repair bills is not an elitist or too serious, they are just someone that likes to be successful. In my opinion, what is truly needed to succeed is a good balance. The ability to play the game, have fun, joke with your comrades (in group chat, guild chat, or some form of V.O.I.P.), while crushing your enemy is what it is all about.

To each their own I would say. Some want to do the FP asap, some like to follow the story, some like to make some jokes and some are dead serious about everything they do. All valid playstyles. However, there is also the possibility of accepting another player's playstyle. If I'm able to accept that someone is dead serious, can they accept that I make a joke inbetween fights about an exploding droid's kill/death ratio?

To each their own I would say. Some want to do the FP asap, some like to follow the story, some like to make some jokes and some are dead serious about everything they do. All valid playstyles. However, there is also the possibility of accepting another player's playstyle. If I'm able to accept that someone is dead serious, can they accept that I make a joke inbetween fights about an exploding droid's kill/death ratio?

as long as you are not the one causing those explosions?

even then, I mean... early on, my guildies made a game out of it with pulls and knockbacks and all the fun things, trying to get as many people in a group as possible (I have learned to stay far FAR back and watch for tricks. only got me once, on an alt :p ). but thats guildies. we know each other, we're all in voice chat and if someone is not having fun with it any more - we stop.

pugs can get touchier if only becasue of how hard it could be keeping the group together and moving. pugs rarely have motivation to stay past only a few wipes, so adding to that already small number is... often frowned upon, becasue it ends up making a run LESS fun, not more. joking about it can make it look like maybe you have contributed to the deaths? even if you haven't.

as long as you are not the one causing those explosions?

even then, I mean... early on, my guildies made a game out of it with pulls and knockbacks and all the fun things, trying to get as many people in a group as possible (I have learned to stay far FAR back and watch for tricks. only got me once, on an alt :p ). but thats guildies. we know each other, we're all in voice chat and if someone is not having fun with it any more - we stop.

Those explosions come after a certain time anyway. Like you, I have been in guild runs where people also on purpose pulled those droids into groups to try and kill as many around themselves. Having been the victom of those pulls on a few occasions, I can still laugh about it. After that, I get rezzed, rezz others and still make the same remark.

pugs can get touchier if only becasue of how hard it could be keeping the group together and moving. pugs rarely have motivation to stay past only a few wipes, so adding to that already small number is... often frowned upon, becasue it ends up making a run LESS fun, not more. joking about it can make it look like maybe you have contributed to the deaths? even if you haven't.

And is that an excuse to throw a hissy fit when someone makes a joke about it? Not in my opinion. Even as a pug you know that it can happen. In fact, in a PUG, one can basically automatically assume there's going to be a wipe at some point. If there is not, fantastic. If there is, to bad.

I have been in PUG's that wiped more then I cared for. Should I have left after one or two wipes? Should I have expected that every PUG I join is flawless and completes every instance (FP or raid) in record time without a single death? If people expect this, then they shouldn't join a PUG; either advertised or via the groupfinder. PUG's are just that; random people together in a group. They don't know eachother, they don't understand eachother's playstyle and are most likely to misunderstand eachother. If this is not what people want, then pardon me but keep it to guild runs. There you can set higher standards then in a PUG.

Are you sure?

Then why, oh, why people do these?

- stand in circles and die over and over and over again (Jedi/Sith boss)

- use consoles before grenades or don't use them at all and die over and over and over again ('nade throwing trooper boss)

- ignore all adds when all group members are around lvl 20-25 and die over and over and over again (droid boss) (Yes, I know most of you can solo this without companion)

Edited by Halinalle

Are you sure?

Then why, oh, why people do these?

- stand in circles and die over and over and over again (Jedi/Sith boss)

- use consoles before grenades or don't use them at all and die over and over and over again ('nade throwing trooper boss)

- ignore all adds when all group members are around lvl 20-25 and die over and over and over again (droid boss) (Yes, I know most of you can solo this without companion)

Because tactical FPs encourage moronic behavior (they even reward it). Then, if you call the morons on it, they come make threads complaining about how some people take the game too seriously.

Boy oh boy are those people fun in 55 HM FPs!

Because tactical FPs encourage moronic behavior (they even reward it). Then, if you call the morons on it, they come make threads complaining about how some people take the game too seriously.

Boy oh boy are those people fun in 55 HM FPs!

Haven't seen that before.

Usually it goes like this:

- You call them on it.

- They reply with "Relax. It's just a game."

- If you mention something about their behaviour again they votekick you.

So there's only two ways to solve it:

- Exit Area -> Leave the group ("WTH!? Dude! Are you serious?")

- "Deal with it" approach. Includes taking that repair bill like a true man and ignoring the whole episode like it never happened.

and yes, I mainly play healers (with occasional tanks) and yes I throw some dps in whenever there's an opportunity, and I've yet to have anyone say anything about it. because I tend to be considerate when I do that.

Although your sentiment is a little lack luster, I do Largely agree. I play as Tanks, and healers, (Mainly tanks) and When im tanking, i dont mind in the slightest, if the healer acts as DPS when they have the chance, and when its not going to endanger the team. On the other hand, if anyone pulls before the tank, (me) it can be very frustrating because i have to rush, use force speed, and then Mass mind control to save the healer. Now i understand everybody makes mistakes! Tanks are no exception. But when i Jedi sent with literally several k less HP, and MUCH lower defense thinks its a good idea to pull a group, i get a little t'd off, because it usually gets them, if not the healer, and sometimes me, killed. In my book, as long as the healer heals, and the DPS DPS's, and i tank, i don't care if the Healer DPS's to help out. It can make the mission go much faster. But the second someone pulls before the tank, then it makes a really fun experience, a nightmare all in a matter of seconds. I cant tell you how many times a snobby DPS pulled a group of adds, only to pull to or 3 more groups by LoS, and get himself killed, and then rage quit blaming the healer, and the tank, for not attacking, and healing respectively. When i play as a healer, i throw in some DPS whenever i can. Especially when i play as my Merc. I can launch Death From Above, (after the tank pulled) and then launch a kolto missle and go right back into healing. throw in a few unloads, and Vola! Just my $0.02 :)

Edited by _Vercingetorx_