Ok Bioware its our turn

iamgonnabeevil

Oceanic Server merges certainly won't happen before FTP comes online.

It would be silly to not see how many people come back to the game when that drops.

Even if they only get 300 people to resub/join the game in all of the Oceanic/APAC areas and we spread that out evenly over the three servers we would have acceptable population levels..thats acceptable but not ideal.

So from my perspective they should wait until then.

Yes the Oceanic servers are in bad shape..heck Master D is in dire shape, and yes we need the pop issues fixed, but we should wait till F2P.

If we get more than 300 which is a pitiful number tbh, then the situation only gets better for us.

Is 3000 resubs/new players in all of Oceania unrealistic? I think its at least a possibility.

My point is they dont need that many people to improve the situation on the Oceanic servers, so from their perspective and mine for that matter, they should play a wait and see game for these servers.

Fingers crossed that F2P fixes our pop issue.

Im feeeling the pain as much as anyone here (Legacy 38, valour level 78 and 65 on my main and alt) if F2P does not fix it then I will demand a merger hopefully into one Oceanic based server or free transfers to West Coast servers.

But for now lets wait and see and yes I know its frustrating, Im frustrated but still lets wait and see.

Edited by Sildanar
Typo

Oceanic Srever merges certainly won't happen before FTP comes online.

It would be silly to not see how many people come back to the game when that drops.

Even if they only get 300 people to resub to the game in all of the Oceanic/APAC areas and we spread that out evenly over the three servers we would have acceptable population levels..thats acceptable but not ideal.

So from my perspective they should wait until then.

Yes the Oceanic servers are in bad shape..heck Master D is in dire shape, and yes we need the pop issues fixed, but we should wait till F2P.

If we get more than 300 which is a pitiful number tbh, then the situation only gets better for us.

Is 3000 resubs in all of Oceania unrealistic? I think its at least a possibility.

My point is they dont need that many people to improve the situation on the Oceanic servers, so from their perspective and mine for that matter, they should play a wait and see game for these servers.

Fingers crossed that F2P fixes our pop issue.

Im feeeling the pain as much as anyone here (Legacy 38, valour level 78 and 65 on my main and alt) if F2P does not fix it then I will demand a merger hopefully into one Oceanic based server or free transfers to West Coast servers.

But for now lets wait and see and yes I know its frustrating, Im frustrated but still lets wait and see.

If you are an informed new player, which server will you roll on?

If you are an informed new player, which server will you roll on?

And if your an uninformed new player, which server would you roll on?

Both of the questions are equally valid. I know the point you are trying to make ie that Dalbora is the obvious choice not Master D for informed people, but not everyone checks server pops before rolling a new toon in a game.

Yes some certainly do but not everyone.

Hopefully and I can't stress that enough, Hopefully enough new or returning Oceanic players will join us when F2P drops that the servers will be in much better shape.

My fingers are crossed.

IMO the pop issue on this server is too urgent to wait for F2P..

This. The longer they wait, the more subs they'll lose. How much longer are people going to log in, queue for a warzone, wait fifteen minutes with nothing else to do that interests them in the game, decide they can spend their evening doing something else that is actually 'fun' before they go back to their ****** jobs again the next day.

something needs to be done.

this server is not allowing me to be a casual gamer.

I want to play online games when it suits me... I prefer swtor over many other current online games but if I have to sit in queue for over 20minutes for PVP or FPs it becomes a waste of my time.

all oceanic servers should be combined... we aren't a community of gankers but that has always been a component of online mmorpg so tell the PVE players to harden up. I doubt any of them would quit over it.

if not... transfer me back to an american server... playing under lag would be better than sitting around waiting for something to pop. I guess I can take more time appreciating the new shadow detail.

I'm not even going to bother trying to talk friends into returning to swtor until these issues are resolved and when the free to play model arrives I should be able to market this game better than bioware could themselves.

I hope one day i'll have the same experience american and european players have. I know bioware were trying to do the right thing by introducing oceanic servers... but i feel like i got burnt.

in game tickets wont help you will just get sorry for the inconvience and we will forward it to the appropriate people post post and post again on every thread about merges

The level of customer service is acutally higher in the in-game ticket than the forum. They are obligated to acknowledge/response/attend to your request. They may or may not be able to help but they at least cannot just ignore it.

The reason I suggest in-game ticket is because I was told some people had successfully requested transfers that way. Even if unsuccessful, the in-game-CS may escalate the issue after we keep creating work for him.

This is true however I wrote a non emotive complaint in an email response I had received from bioware. I was actually impressed that e CS rep could relate to my concerns and we exchanged a couple of more emails regarding the matter.

Keep the posts coming in the suggestion box and general forums!!!!

I imagine the forum / suggestion box is a more "ignoreable now" basket. It will probably be added to a wish list of hundreds if not thousands.

In-game ticket is actually "Requesting" them to ACTION it now for your account, instead of just "Suggesting" to them to implement something for everyone in the future.

The level of customer service is acutally higher in the in-game ticket than the forum. They are obligated to acknowledge/response/attend to your request. They may or may not be able to help but they at least cannot just ignore it.

The reason I suggest in-game ticket is because I was told some people had successfully requested transfers that way. Even if unsuccessful, the in-game-CS may escalate the issue after we keep creating work for him.

I imagine the forum / suggestion box is a more "ignoreable now" basket. It will probably be added to a wish list of hundreds if not thousands.

In-game ticket is actually "Requesting" them to ACTION it now for your account, instead of just "Suggesting" to them to implement something for everyone in the future.

I've tried tickets for transfers, atleast 8 times for transfer. Same response "can only transfer from origin to selected US servers. Paid transfers may become available in near future blah blah blah"

• 2 weeks later...