Force Sprint on a Sentinel?

AceOfHertz

Sentinels don't get a force sprint like consulars or inquisitors, but in ataru form, they get 15% increase to their speed through a passive skill, and the can use predation, I don't remember the sentinel name for it and the speed for that can be increased by speccing carnage/combat. In the picture though, the sentinel wasn't in combat, I don't mean the spec because he's specced combat, but he still has his normal sprint ability that all classes get which makes him run faster than someone that is fighting.

Edit: I started typing this before the other posts were typed.

Edited by shyroman

He's in ataru form. That's 15% speed boost. IF he popped predation, he would be going at 80%, which is almost as fast as a sorc with force speed or w/e it's called. In fact, if an Ataru + pred sent or mara were to race a sorc with force speed, the mara would win, since the pred lasts much longer.

Highly doubt it is hacking.

I'm starting to feel sorry for CS because I can only imagine how many stupid reports they're getting. It has become an epidemic to call "haxx" on everything. In basically every warzone, or atleast in general chat while I'm in a warzone, there's someone calling hacks on a normal game mechanic. Had a guy accusing a sniper of moving around and shooting in cover in one warzone just now. There were no hacks so if that really happened ON HIS SCREEN it was most likely due to latency, the sniper fired and got out of cover and it somehow looked like he was still in cover. I don't see people calling hacks when someone pulls while another person stuns and you get suspended in a weird pose mid-air, that happens to me in bascially every game. Reason, it doesnt affect game play, despite being a bug too, so people accept it but God forbid that an offensive action should be bugged, then it's instantly a hack.

tl:dr - People are idiots.

There is a bug where you won't be put back in combat. I have seen it several times. If the bug is affecting you, you can even use your Meditate (or whatever out-of-combat self heal) while getting attacked, in addition your Sprint ability will remain activated.

As far as I know Sar is not a hacker, have played against him many times.

^^^ again look at the screenshot. The guys bar is targeted. You can see exactly what he had casted. No predation and 26 fury stacks with the out of combat speed boost. In the year that I have been playing this game I have NEVER seen anyone with an out of combat speed boost while in combat.

I saw a shadow friendly pull a scoundrel yesterday... I was there staring with my jaw on the floor. He just popped out of stealth in the endzone in huttball, pulled the scoundrel who was slowly walking down the middle ramp and then re-stealthed. Edited by Monterone

.... two screenshots.

#1 - Targeted sentinel has Sprint. He is probably not in combat

#2 - Surprise the targeted Sentinel has no sprint buff. He is probably in combat.

This is the problem with letting hack threads exist on offical forums; now every idiot thinks everything they see is a hack.

Edited by Blasphemerr

I wonder if Bioware posted the "we are watching for hacks" just to muddy the waters with everyone and their brother calling hacks on everything. I pvp a lot, and until Bioware put out that message, I rarely ever heard hacks called in warzones, now I am constantly seeing it in pvp general chat, literally every few warzones.

Bioware would have been wise to include a brief explanation of Combat Stealth and Predation, both of which get confused for teleport and speed hacks often, that being said I still see teleport and speed hacks myself, so, I don't know.

More often than not, this game is just buggy and glitchy, I think between that and players naive to different AC skills accounts for 95% of all reported hacks.

Edited by Zataos

Look at his screenshot guys. The Sprint icon is active. He has 26 stacks of fury with no pred buff on his bar. The fury stacks are fresh which means he's in combat.

Yes, I saw that too. He doesn't have Transcendence active either. So if what the OP is saying that this player had the animation of what the Consular/Inquisitors have when they activate their force speed; the whitish movement of air around the body. That did not show up very well, though there is some strangeness around the toon in question. Can’t say if this was a hack or not. I’m not going to speculate as I was not there. A video would give us more detail on the situation.

^^^ again look at the screenshot. The guys bar is targeted. You can see exactly what he had casted. No predation and 26 fury stacks with the out of combat speed boost. In the year that I have been playing this game I have NEVER seen anyone with an out of combat speed boost while in combat.

Just because he has stacks of fury doesn't mean he's in combat. The sprint icon is on him as well as the trauma debuff meaning he has left combat, meaning whoever he was fighting died and no one else has attacked him.

Edited by Raansu

Look at his screenshot guys. The Sprint icon is active. He has 26 stacks of fury with no pred buff on his bar. The fury stacks are fresh which means he's in combat.

The Fury (or Centering as it's called Pub side) is not Full (it is ticking down). And perhaps he just completed a 1v1 and went back into non combat? As you can see the trauma debuff is also ticking down WHICH MEANS he has been out of combat for a couple of seconds.

You really should know what you're talking about before you accuse some of cheating. IF HE WAS IN COMBAT the trauma debuff would be FULL

EDIT: (responded to the first page not seeing the second page). But yes everything stated above me indicates that is the case. So Emony I'm not sure what you were trying to prove...oh, wait it's in the screenshot that Azure Blades is hacking, but I think you owe the guild and Sar an apology.

Edited by Drazzen

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. While in combat, sprint was activating, and took the animation of a Sage using the Force Speed. I'm going to start recording my gameplay and try and catch it live.

Further. Watch what happens when your Sprint activates when you drop combat. You will see a little streak/speed boost animation when you leave combat to further illustrate that you are now, in fact, moving faster.

The reasons stated previously pretty cover it all. Just because he is near an enemy doesn't mean he is in combat with another player.

And lol @ the guy telling you Combat Sentinels get a speed buff in the second screenshot. Looks like you were complaining a bit in Ops. :p