Augment Concern/Armoring Removal

Iceman_sith

So apparently soon we will be able to remove the armoring on purple modable gear. My concern I craft a purple modable item, i get an augment slot on it remove my tier mods and put it in there now I tier gear that has an augment slot.

This may be too strong, it also means I never get to enjoy the look of tier or social gear as it would cost me an augment slot.

Unless you wont be able to put it in craftable gear. Unless the armoring can only be placed into Orange items.

A little bit of clarity on how this might work. As to make sure people are not forced to ware the same boring armor for ever, and so that augment gear doesn't become a must have all the time. (I think for bracers and belt items like that it;s great)

if anyone has some ideas let me know.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafted orange armors cannot crit and will never have an augment slot. So in a way purple crit artifacts are the best when compared to the same tiered orange.

Afaik the mods on purple loot drops are not augments and cannot be placed into the crit-crafted purples.

So what exactly are you asking about removal of armoring and augmenting crit-crafted purples? :confused:

Crafted orange armors cannot crit and will never have an augment slot. So in a way purple crit artifacts are the best when compared to the same tiered orange.

Afaik the mods on purple loot drops are not augments and cannot be placed into the crit-crafted purples.

So what exactly are you asking about removal of armoring and augmenting crit-crafted purples? :confused:

The devs have stated an intention to eventually make all the mods moveable again, as opposed to the current system where epics have locked armoring mods 'baked' into the item.

The concern he is raising is that endgame gear, such as rakata/Battlemaster gear inherently has one less slot than a crit-crafted purple (assuming four open slots).

It also raises the question about whether the set bonus would be associated with the base item or the armoring mod.

The crafted purples are BoP aren't they? That would give the crafters some benefits and some purpose to crafting instead of "EVERYONE GO BIOCHEM!", but that would be considered too strong as opposed to reusable med/buff packs? :cool:

Moreover the chance of crit-crafting is epic low...

Edited by Jiayuan

it will force crafters just to ware the same set of gear forever, thats horrible they will never get to change their armour without it costing them stats. PvE and PvP gear, forget social gear or Tier gear your just stuck with your crit crafted purples.

I really hope bioware has not looked over this flaw.

The crafted purples are BoP aren't they? That would give the crafters some benefits and some purpose to crafting instead of "EVERYONE GO BIOCHEM!", but that would be considered too strong as opposed to reusable med/buff packs? :cool:

Moreover the chance of crit-crafting is epic low...

the chance of getting it is low yes. but once you have it you have it FOREVER (unless they change stuff) my only solution crafted gear armouring should not be removable

confirmed today orange gear will be able to crit augment slots... what does this mean for you?

Once people have an set of gear with an augment slot. People will never get to enjoy any other gear in the game as there will be no point to it, forget tier gear, forget social gear it wont have augment slots so I wont ware it. (I am talking visual here)

Possible Solutions;

Allow players to craft augment attachments to add to loot such as social gear or tier sets.

Do not allow tier armaments to be placed in gear with an augment slots or have the augment slots grey out. The issue then is with weapons

Have an appearance tab.

Please Bioware do not overlook this.

I think you are mixing up purple crafted and orange crafted. Orange crafted is an empty shell. It comes with no mods, and is currently limited to chest/helmet/legs slots.

You can't put an amror mod in an augmentation slot in a critted crafted piece - only augmentations from slicing missions can be put there. Further, the armor mods will be "location locked", so you will not be able tos trip the armor mod with expertise and set bonus from a chest piece and put it in your boots.

If I like the look of an item I would want to keep it and still be viable. I am looking forward to this.

The problem is. You go to an operation, and the coolest looking trooper gun drops. But sadly, if you want the best stats you have to craft a crit version of an orange gun pull the barrel and mod and so on out of your nice looking new gun, and put it in to the what might be boring orange gun because the orange gun has an augment slot.

PROBLEM!

I wish people would stop talking about biochem and check out this thread instead i think it is a huge issue.

I think you are mixing up purple crafted and orange crafted. Orange crafted is an empty shell. It comes with no mods, and is currently limited to chest/helmet/legs slots.

You can't put an amror mod in an augmentation slot in a critted crafted piece - only augmentations from slicing missions can be put there. Further, the armor mods will be "location locked", so you will not be able tos trip the armor mod with expertise and set bonus from a chest piece and put it in your boots.

No, i will explain it to you. 1.1.2 orange items can crit augments, also soon they are allowing people to pull armorings and barrels out of items. People will take their armoring and enhancment and mods out of their tier sets and put them in items with augment slots to get a bigger bonus, sadly this well ruin it for people who enjoy waring what armor they like, such as social gear or tier sets.

It is a visual thing only but it sucks :(

The problem is. You go to an operation, and the coolest looking trooper gun drops. But sadly, if you want the best stats you have to craft a crit version of an orange gun pull the barrel and mod and so on out of your nice looking new gun, and put it in to the what might be boring orange gun because the orange gun has an augment slot.

PROBLEM!

Solution: Allow us to get the recipe to craft the same cool gun as an orange version.

No, i will explain it to you. 1.1.2 orange items can crit augments, also soon they are allowing people to pull armorings and barrels out of items. People will take their armoring and enhancment and mods out of their tier sets and put them in items with augment slots to get a bigger bonus, sadly this well ruin it for people who enjoy waring what armor they like, such as social gear or tier sets.

Solution: Allow Armormech/Synthweaver to craft every skin in the game as an orange item of the appropriate class.

I hate to nitpick, but orange armor being crit-able isn't in 1.1.2. Georg mentioned it as part of their plans for crafting in the future, but it's not in the PTR patch notes for 1.1.2.

That being said, don't go crazy crafting orange items once 1.1.2 hits hoping for a crit! Hopefully this will save some people a bunch of mats.

Solution: Allow Armormech/Synthweaver to craft every skin in the game as an orange item of the appropriate class.

I would prefer every model, and some form of customisation for colours etc.

Having 3 different identical sets, for each model, with only cosmetic differences would make the craft tree stupidly big.

PROBLEM!

I wish people would stop talking about biochem and check out this thread instead i think it is a huge issue.

Orange weapons can be criticly crafted at the moment. Orange armor cant. Tier gear has a set bonus orange armor has not. So your weapon statment is irelevent as it is posible at the moment to do so. With aromor you will need to make a choice, set bonus or augments.

Edited by FoxyWar

Orange weapons can be criticly crafted at the moment. Orange armor cant. Tier gear has a set bonus orange armor has not. So your weapon statment is irelevent as it is posible at the moment to do so. With aromor you will need to make a choice, set bonus or augments.

No, this is not the case, as the armoring will carry the set bonus.

How do you know that? I haven't seen anything that says the armouring will carry the set bonus?

I think its pretty unlikely to be the case in fact. I would expect the set bonus to be tied to the item itself.

You people should really read the forums / dev posts more.

They have stated (read back through the dev tracker) that:

• You will be able to remove armoring and barrels
  • Orange Armor will be crittable
  • You will be able to move set bonuses to other pieces of gear

These three things have been stated by Bioware.

As for the argument people are using about "qq the gear will be overpowered w/ augment!". Guess what? Everyone can get this. Craft it or buy it. It will be available.

The only thing I dont want to see is expertise be able to be moved to other gear. This should be a stat that is on the armor piece itself and not on a mod.

I would like to see the source of the information. Pls post a link.

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Taken from here : Dev Discussing Mod / Gear changes (last post)

Edited by jHats