Datacron matrix Cube missing

jgoldsack

Indeed, I have characters that were using [Augmented] Matrix Cubes and all the cubes are gone, as well as all the matrix shards.

It's not mentioned in the patch notes at all. So is it a bug or have the shards and cubes been removed completely from the game ?

If they have, it would have been nice to have them swapped with an relic of equivalent rating... :mad:

I just tested it with a new char on Korriban: You can still get the red matrix shard there, and the assembler cave on Dromund Kaas is still there and unchanged, I haven't built a matrix cube yet, but it seems like they just removed our existing matrix shards and cubes, we still can get the ones we haven't found yet, but the datacrons that were already used by our existing chars are no longer useable, and the shards we got from them are gone.

So please restore the shards we had or at least reset the matrix shard datacrons for our existing chars, so we can still get the matrix cubes for our low level characters.

I wouldn't mind an overhaul, though, like each shard giving endurance, mastery and a certain tertiary stats, (e.g. red=crit, blue=defense) so you can combine the shards you have and always get some useful. At 50+ the matrix cubes outlived their usefulness long ago, but instead of just removing them, let us improve them. allow us to add more shards into the mix at higher levels, so that those relics grow with us.

Edited by Mubrak

I love the statement: "may be" they forgot to mention it in the patch notes. In fact, this 4.0 is overwhelmed by devs blunders:

1/ datacrons deleted;

2/ bags in mess;

3/ companions deleted or so (no set available);

4/ sets of companions deleted;

5/ mails supposed to give you back the companions equipments give you instead index 44 (sic) or 72 index stuff (lol); do we have to pass again through all the Yavin4 hebdo ??? Do we have to pass again through all the Cz 198 and Oricon hebdo to get distinctions et finally get them their second hand weapon back ?

6/ you might see now lvl 20 players in 60-65 instances ... lol;

7/ ridiculous heroic 2 players on many planets: all these places are completely useless as they arre farmed long and large; you never finish these so called "heroic" missions;

8/ panel of companions: what is the use of this ??? It simply takes more resources from servers and ads more time to ask companions to go in mission.

Please fire the guys responsible of this total mess.

Datacron matrix Cube missing for me as well. I opened a ticket and got a response thanking for my suggestions. Searched the patch notes several times and nothing about matrix cubes. Like others I spent a lot of time and effort getting this thing. Pretty crappy to have it removed with nothing from the devs

Please Bioware bring back my matrix shard that i've collected :(. and one thing i cant get some achievement of datacorn.... because of hte datacorn sync between imp and pub in this new patch made the achievement become bug, im sorry if my english so bad, ty :(

I love the statement: "may be" they forgot to mention it in the patch notes. In fact, this 4.0 is overwhelmed by devs blunders:

1/ datacrons deleted;

2/ bags in mess;

3/ companions deleted or so (no set available);

4/ sets of companions deleted;

5/ mails supposed to give you back the companions equipments give you instead index 44 (sic) or 72 index stuff (lol); do we have to pass again through all the Yavin4 hebdo ??? Do we have to pass again through all the Cz 198 and Oricon hebdo to get distinctions et finally get them their second hand weapon back ?

6/ you might see now lvl 20 players in 60-65 instances ... lol;

7/ ridiculous heroic 2 players on many planets: all these places are completely useless as they arre farmed long and large; you never finish these so called "heroic" missions;

8/ panel of companions: what is the use of this ??? It simply takes more resources from servers and ads more time to ask companions to go in mission.

Please fire the guys responsible of this total mess.

1) Not deleted. They are legacy now. If you are missing one that you know you unlocked on another alt, login to that alt and it will be available for all alts after that. Simple fix.

2) Yup...called Autosort and Devs just ran it that way. Time consuming but easily fixed by you

3) You get a warning with starting 4.0 about all this. If you've NOT read the patch notes, etc. then it's your own fault. You will get them back...you just have to unlock them.

4) Not sure what you mean by sets of companions.

5) Gearing for companions means NOTHING now except for appearances. Stats on geared items on companions are null and void. Again. Read the patch notes.

6) haven't witnessed that yet

7) All heroics went to 2+ on all planets. Again...READ THE PATCH NOTES

8) Play the 4.0 storyline through chapter 9 and you will see. Again....READ THE PATCH NOTES.

See a recurring theme here? Evidently you did not read the patch notes.

The Matrix Cube is missing, and it is not in the mission inventory either. Datacron entries are also missing in the achievements... I only did them on one toon, never messed with alts until KotFE was announced.... So it is not an issue of me needing to log in a different toon.

My Matrix Cube was also augmented....

I submitted a support request in game to ask fro it back... no response yet, also reported the bug with the Elite Commendation Bags filling my inventory... that one got the standard we don't reply to bug reports but thansk message like 4 days later....

I had all the Matrix shards and I was using a Matrix Cube as one of my relics. This was on my Sith Sorcerer. The Sith Sorcerer found all the datacrons and all the shards. The sith sorcerer is now missing the shards and the cube. They are not in the mission items or regular inventory. Its not a "simply do this to fix it" from a player standpoint. Something broke it, wasn't mentioned in the notes, etc. My sorcerer cannot go back and get the shards because he was the character that got them in the first place. We should have our shards returned. Edited by BeauBard

• 3 weeks later...

I hope so. All my chars that had matrix cubes are missing them.

Additionally, the chars that had the special crystal to do fleet datacron are missing that too, but at least that's covered under legacy datacrons <thank you!>.

The matrix datacrons are not included though in our legacy - and the cubes are not included in our inventory for our characters that have obtained these datacrons already.

They restored every shards but the not the Matrix Cubes.

If like me you had Augmented Matrix Cubes on many characters, then you have lost all your augment slots and the augments inside. (The cube can always been rebuilt as usual for free).

Edited by Elysith

• 2 weeks later...
1) Not deleted. They are legacy now. If you are missing one that you know you unlocked on another alt, login to that alt and it will be available for all alts after that. Simple fix.

2) Yup...called Autosort and Devs just ran it that way. Time consuming but easily fixed by you

3) You get a warning with starting 4.0 about all this. If you've NOT read the patch notes, etc. then it's your own fault. You will get them back...you just have to unlock them.

4) Not sure what you mean by sets of companions.

5) Gearing for companions means NOTHING now except for appearances. Stats on geared items on companions are null and void. Again. Read the patch notes.

6) haven't witnessed that yet

7) All heroics went to 2+ on all planets. Again...READ THE PATCH NOTES

8) Play the 4.0 storyline through chapter 9 and you will see. Again....READ THE PATCH NOTES.

See a recurring theme here? Evidently you did not read the patch notes.

This is a terrible thing to do to paying customers. "Read the patch notes where we radically change the game."

Edited by Gorgor

They restored every shards but the not the Matrix Cubes.

If like me you had Augmented Matrix Cubes on many characters, then you have lost all your augment slots and the augments inside. (The cube can always been rebuilt as usual for free).

That was my point when I posted my thread initially. Well that and the Matrix Cube meant a lot to me as it represented sometime I earned from launch to RotHC when I retired it.

Edited by Baby-Girl

• 3 weeks later...

One time, several months back, while playing there was a red message server wide. All matrix cubes have broken.

Sorry, I cant remember the date on that one. It was pre-4.0 though. I do recall doing the toon logon rotation and finding that all my cubes were gone but had a full load of shards. Didn't think much about it at the time because they were lvl 50 and everyone was lvl 60. There weren't any notes, announcements or anything like that, it was totally out of the blue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just come back from being gone for almost two years, and I seem to be having the same issue about the Datacron matrix Cube missing on both of my level 55 toons and all the lower toons I have logged in so far, that had them. and no it is not showing up in my inventory under the mission items either. :mad:

I hope they fix and/or address this issue soon so we can get them back or at least some kind of compensation for losing them.

• 1 year later...