Make the sub rewards companions available to newer players, like Nico/Shae/Hexid/HK

I have all the companion sub rewards already, but I strongly suggest this as I'm trying to attract and keep newer players to raid/ pvp with. I've had these companions for so long (can't say I really use most of them much) and don't mind "sharing the wealth" so-to-speak with newer players who I'm trying to keep and play with just doing heroics. Nico and Shae Vizla are in this game's opening cinematics and I can understand the - "Come on~" feeling of newer players not at some point having the opportunity to play with them.

Hk-55 and The Shroud, I don't even use, other than maxed affection to craft.

Bonus chapter is so old to me.

Make it this stuff available.

PREFERABLY BY ENCOURAGING ACTUAL GAMEPLAY, VIA ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKS.

Shae and Nico [are in this game's initial opening cinematics], make them easiest to unlock/ get - I completely get it, new players.

I want an improved community, before everything plummeted. I need to keep people in my raid guilds and these old [companion] sub incentives are fine with me to be shared via unlocks - in general - or subs (not talking about anything other than sub companions/hk mission; the oldest veterans should still keep some goodies (we kept the lights on throughout this game's ups and downs) - to be fair.)

Pvp rewards should maintain a similar community-strengthening stance, as it is doing.

Edited by Willjb

As someone who hasn't got them I'd love to be able to get them

However I also realize that they were a sub reward and should be given out lightly

Maybe give out HK for 6 months, Nico for 12 months and Shae for 24 months of continuous sub (with a grace period of a day or 2 for those who use gametime cards)

EDIT: regardless of when that sub period happens or happened (including the future). It would require a longer sub time thus preserve some value of getting them back in the day but make them available permanently

Edited by AUTChris

I don't think we should hand them out like that but instead I propose an idea a fellow forum poster whose name I forgot came up with. A subscriber loyalty program, essentially instead of rewarding subscriber at date X or Y with Z item/companion as you subscribe you earn these rewards, the first month could be something like the black-purple striated color crystals, 2nd month could be a weapon, third month could be a companion, and so on. That way you ensure people who previously subscribed and acquired these rewards don't feel "cheated".

As someone who hasn't got them I'd love to be able to get them

However I also realize that they were a sub reward and should be given out lightly

Maybe give out HK for 6 months, Nico for 12 months and Shae for 24 months of continuous sub (with a grace period of a day or 2 for those who use gametime cards)

EDIT: regardless of when that sub period happens or happened (including the future). It would require a longer sub time thus preserve some value of getting them back in the day but make them available permanently

My guild and I came from EQ2 (to ToR beta), that did it like that - and I've never been fond of time released content (among with many others I know; if it feels like waiting to pay off a mortgage, it won't attract well) I'm much more in favor of stimulating the game for newer players with achievement unlocks, like the Darth Hexid - which I think was a fantastic idea. I mean, I've had these companions for so long and virtually never used them (I LOVE my Arcann <--- needs modifiable armor slots - a topic for another discussion ---> *see "I Love Arcann <3" thread (by a friend of mine)), other than crafting. It doesn't bring me joy to see my newer mates not have them - when we quest.

Edited by Willjb

I don't think we should hand them out like that but instead I propose an idea a fellow forum poster whose name I forgot came up with. A subscriber loyalty program, essentially instead of rewarding subscriber at date X or Y with Z item/companion as you subscribe you earn these rewards, the first month could be something like the black-purple striated color crystals, 2nd month could be a weapon, third month could be a companion, and so on. That way you ensure people who previously subscribed and acquired these rewards don't feel "cheated".

Thanks fine. I just don't want to be stingy with that stuff - not fond of big gaps, hence my EQ2 point - I think players should have all the sub rewards BY exactly one year of sub. Any new sub rewards, give a long grace period.

And if they're going to bring back Black-Purple Striated, it's only fair pvp ranked brings back its past ranked reward color crystals, like the Black-Blue Striated.

Edited by Willjb

Overall, these changes would help strengthen the community, as well as, encourage new/ newer players.

I can appreciate with what FlameYOL is saying, make it fair for players who already have it all, instead of just a mass giveaway. But , if they're going to bring back the Black-Purple Striated, it's only fair they bring back the Black-Blue Striated color crystals, and might as well the ugly ranked pvp Furious color crystals (and the other meh ranked ones) that have been sitting in my cargo bays for years.

I just don't want the EQ2 model of players waiting years - as I've seen that really doesn't work as new players will feel too distanced.

I'd rather them be achievement unlocks, like the brilliant idea with Darth Hexid, as it encourages actually gameplay - that benefits the community.

If not that, then I'd rather see an accruing monthly sub unlocks of old & new goodies - consisting of old sub rewards alternating with new sub rewards (for those who already have it all or mostly) for no later than 1.5 years.

OR have players pay "the iron price" on the CM for some (if it actually helps this game.)

OR a mix of all this^.

Edited by Willjb

I have to make it very clear, my proposal:

DOES NOT include the "Founder's title" (nor preorder/ razr crystals nor CE content for that matter: that's quite different)

and quite frankly I'm tired of catching loud-mouthed faker's pretend they've been here a lot longer than they have (it's silly, disrespectful to the rest of the groups'/ ops' time & just adds to guild-ignore), idk how many noobs I've seen wipe pug ops groups bc they pretended they knew what they were doing:mad: and didn't just ask)

acknowledges^ that it should "be a two-way" street, as FlameYOL stated prior: meaning to encourage further philanthropy, like continuing bringing back pvp ranked stuff (which I'm totally fine with), like they have already done with all the CM reputation items that actually required [very] expensive (*reference the word "whale", newer players), bought reputation - like my Imperator's Command Hoverchair (*laments*:()

is more in favor of encouraging and promoting actual gameplay (rather than handouts (*cringe))

Edited by Willjb