!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

Sorrowsongg

Hi,

I see a lot of comments regarding that Emp side have a higher winrate than Rep side in WZs.

In order to try to understand if there actually is a demographical difference between the factions I decided to do a Poll to gather background info on what players PvP much at both sides.

Here is the link, results will be published on sunday the 29th of January.

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=OBEIIJ_9cc50b1

So go ahead and show us who Empire/Republic players really are :)

Disclaimer:

There will be many opinions on what questions should have been included or not. I do not claim this to be a full fletched survey but some info is better than no info in my book

Also imnot native in english so please excuse the spelling errors.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Edited by Sorrowsongg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to biowares official statement the win ratio was 47/53 favoring the empire.

case closed?

Hi, no not really closed.This number is firstly old and was before many people became lvl 50. Basically this number showed that when people leveled up and had little clue about the end game PvP mechanics the winrate was fairly similair. It was also before the 50 bracket was introduced.

I would expect the winrate in the 50s bracket to differ much from this.

//Kamasuthra

It would be interesting to know how the stats for win rates are generated. If they just count wins it is just terrible math due to huttball. If same-faction warzones are not considered at all it is actually quite an interesting figure.

I would say that Imp's won more before the 50 bracket simply because they had more players and therefore more 50's.

Since the 50 bracket, I would say its more 50/50. Some evenings I will even go on like a 4/5 match winning streak in PUG's.

It certainly seems that imps are not as powerful as they once were now they have competition.

It would be interesting to know how the stats for win rates are generated. If they just count wins it is just terrible math due to huttball. If same-faction warzones are not considered at all it is actually quite an interesting figure.

Most likely they only calculate fights agains the other faction. This means when people leveled up Empire had a 53% winrate against Republic even if they in many many cases did not had a lot of experience fighting in WFs outside of hutball (Empire got a ton more same faction hutball matches than republic got).

So even with a lower experience from those non hutball WFs they won more than they lost.

This was old data and most folks was leveling up then though.

//Kamasuthra

Done.

Decent questions.

I'd request that when you are presenting the results you make at least one overall comparison of the 50's vs the lowbie warzones.

I will do some analysis comparing for example lvl 50 Emp chars on PvP server vs lvl 50 Rep chars on a PvP server etc.

Will be interresting. So far (only around 50 answers in poll) it looks a bit like I expected regarding one thing: Republic has more healers than Empire. Lets see if this trend continues :)

On the server im on its not unusual to see a loss match with Rep side having a ton more heals and the Empire side having a ton more damage.

//Kamasuthra

according to biowares official statement the win ratio was 47/53 favoring the empire.

case closed?

This is going to have to be updated soon. On my server and on plenty of other people's servers that I have spoken to; zerg is getting rolled hard. We end up camping the attacker spawn point on Voidstar more often than not.

I don't think it's even a debate now really and I'm not saying that Republic players are better, but my WZ experience paints a bleak picture for all the zerglings.

Edited by Valsdad

Emps with better gear in lvl 50 bracket = higher win rate for emps.

Normalized gear in 10-49 bracket = higher win rate for reps.

That's the situation on Legions of Lettow.

Exact opposite on my server. The Reps are fewer, but that makes them much more organized since even on random they end up with nearly the same team, much more geared since they don't have any wait times, and generally more experienced in the "non-Huttball" WZ's.

I'd guess they win at least 75% of the time if not more. Most of the Empire just doesn't notice because they end up in Huttball 95% of the time and hardly ever see a Rep.

case closed?

Bioware has said alot of things that the forums didnt quite reflect/ agree with. And they have said them in official interviews. Like noone having FPS or graphical issues right around launch...

This is going to have to be updated soon. On my server and on plenty of other people's servers that I have spoken to; zerg is getting rolled hard. We end up camping the attacker spawn point on Voidstar more often than not.

I don't think it's even a debate now really and I'm not saying that Republic players are better, but my WZ experience paints a bleak picture for all the zerglings.

That must be something that's pretty server dependent. I main Empire, but the past week I've been PvP'ing a lot on my Vanguard in order to see how things are on the other side. The republic PuGs on the server I've been playing on have often been some of the most disorganised, angst-filled bads I've ever encountered. People running one at a time into groups of enemies, one guy screaming and shouting about how much everyone sucks and when they finally do group up, they'll go after the most heavily defended spot on the map.

However on the server I have my imperial toons on, the win/loss ratio is generally a pretty even spread, and we've got some pretty good republic premade groups like Cadia on Bondar Crystal, along with some good Imp guilds as well.

Hi,

I see a lot of comments regarding that Emp side have a higher winrate than Rep side in WZs.

In order to try to understand if there actually is a demographical difference between the factions I decided to do a Poll to gather background info on what players PvP much at both sides.

Here is the link, results will be published on sunday the 29th of January.

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=OBEIIJ_9cc50b1

So go ahead and show us who Empire/Republic players really are :)

Disclaimer:

There will be many opinions on what questions should have been included or not. I do not claim this to be a full fletched survey but some info is better than no info in my book

Also imnot native in english so please excuse the spelling errors.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Horrible survey. The questions are leading and narrow in their grouping. Some questions set ranges others encompass too large a range. E.G. How old are you has 8 options with 5 year age spans. Then how often do you win is 25, 50, 75 with 25% ranges. So if majority win probably 48-52% when grouped it is skewed heavily.

It seems that they made this to try and make it seem like one side is worse than the other.

The only thing worse about one side over another is accepting defeat and not using strategies or grouping up.

I have a 50 on both factions, both pve servers and even though I know I am outnumbered in 1, when grouped with friends we still do well and get all we need done on either.

l2p issues abound to all those kiddies that got free stuff in other games and now expect ez-mode everything.

Want to make a poll, start with real issues like RNG for PvP bags, or stats that dont work in PvP like block/absorb etc. Or disparity of finishing dailies/weekly in Illum for ranged vs melee.

I dunno, its hard to be accurate here because of the pop imbalance.

In my republic premade we win at least 80% of the time. Some night we play for hours and we don't lose at all. I'm not tooting my horn, its just what is happening.

However, while this is happening, there are definitely MORE empire, and thus more empire premades, so even in the extreme case that republic premades win every game, presumably the empire premades are doing well vs our baddies and pugs, so the overall win/loss would favor empire still.

Also huttball.

Edited by bicuspid

I win the vast majority of WZs on my server as Republic. For one thing I'm usually with a guild premade, so I suppose that helps.

The other thing I have noticed is that the "average" Empire player is not as good as the Republic player. The down side of being the "popular" side is that you also get more of the less skilled players. Those who don't feel they are able to win games on even terms with others are also increasingly likely to roll Empire and not have the ability of someone willing to be the underdog.

That isn't to say there aren't some very excellent Empire players on our server. With so many however, if you pick 8 at random you are very likely to get quite a few keyboard mashers who rolled Empire because they heard they could just outnumber the Republic - something which doesn't exist in WZs.