Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Exocor
06.07.2017 , 05:45 PM | #51
#BuffIO
Infinitas Coryak T3-M4 Nox
Master of Stealth-Rez
--
Dread Master Dragonslayer Gate Crasher Warstalker From Beyond The Eternal Warrior The Revanchist

Interested in these titles? Check our Sale Offers!

J_McSkill
06.07.2017 , 05:51 PM | #52
I wonder if this list doesn't include baseline changes to classes. Example being a base defensive buff to PT's that effects all spec...
Swat - VanguardTackle - Eternal Guardian
Nerph - Champion of the Scoundrels

- All Season All-Star -

Soljin
06.07.2017 , 05:53 PM | #53
I think two disciplines are missing from the list.

-Lightning Sorcerer (Needs a damage buff). Lightning has been slack on damage and burst forever...

-Juggernaut needs a utility overhaul (or at least combine some utilities)l. Vengeance needs increased/Improved mobility and survival skills (DCDs).
SWToR really is the next SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

DarthScruffy
06.07.2017 , 05:56 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I agree with you on that, but I'd also add Marksman/Sharpshooter, since it's also at the bottom of the DPS charts.
Reducing motion and making MM the "hunker down" spec would help numbers. Having to pick up and move on a double team when CP and IP are blown costs a ton of damage. Making damage viability and mobility opposed to each other isn't good for this spec in PvP. This could be accomplished in tree or with a learnable ability/talent. So it doesn't bounce over to engi.

Engi needs more cost to PP.

Virulence needs mobility. I still think (and people will forever mock me for it) that cull needs to be mobile like blazing bolts. If you do that, it's in a fine place. If you're in a situation where you can't cull, that hurts.

If they did a better job delineating those three, there wouldn't be such a problem with unintended consequences.

azamba
06.07.2017 , 06:06 PM | #55
Lol, so they are ok with the Operatives doing 11k dps, 1k more than some classes, and considerable more than most?
Well, then its safe to assume that they are buffing the dps of all those classes/specs in the list right? No? This is bull.
The best idea I read so far here was to make a different tree for PVP and PVE. PVP tree activates only when we are in PVP. I also raid A LOT more then I do PVP, so like many I'm tired to pay the bill for PVP'ers.
And I'm not gonna even start with the bs fact that now I HAVE TO do PVP in order to get the best gear.

I play merc IO since the beggining, so I can only talk about them. If you wanna buff dps a little to reach the top classes, without making too many changes, just buff dots (20-30%) including the Thermal detonator burning dot that adds so little atm.
I remember that they nerfed 30% of dots damage from IO in 3.0, it was enough to take them off the top from 5.4dps to 5.2 at the time. So I take it will be the same now. Those changes would take us from 10.7 to 10.9~11, about the same numbers that a sniper and operative have at the moment.

Anyway, you guys probably won't buff anything, but I'm leaving these ideas here just for the record.

ZambedosNB
06.07.2017 , 06:06 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by POKERHOLIC View Post
Commando

Merc must lost the electro net, porpulsion round and the adrenalinę rush! And if diversion is active damage taken is reduce by 25%.
That reduce the dps a lit bit and bring more balance in pvp.
I want to report this I hate it so much lol. Three nerfs? You've got to be kidding.
Rocket punch was amazing and it's sad to have lost it, if they take away another Iconic ability from my main class I will be quite upset. Let's just get rid of DFA while we're at it. When the net first came out I was like heck yes this is an amazing ability for a hunter for RP alone. It's a good ability, but it's cd is too high to consider it OP.

Also why take away propulsion round? Every class has either a gap closer or a 18-20 mobility ability (or Operatives two mini ones), sometimes both. Sorc's are kind of an exception but their mobility is in a good place regardless. No reason to put mercs behind everyone else this is supposed to be about balance.

Also Diversion isn't even a Bounter Hunter/Trooper skill, and 100% DR is crazy. All the abilities that resist/reflect 100% of damage only work for some types of damage, not all. 100% DR would be everything. Also, Diversion lasts for 8 seconds, 10 if you meant to say oil slick. Does this really make sense to you? 8-10 seconds of invincibility, AND prop round, AND Electro net on top of everything native to PTs? And then you worry about adrenal surge? You're trolling. You must be. There's no way you meant these ideas to be taken seriously.

DarthEndonae
06.07.2017 , 06:13 PM | #57
I agree that Lightning needs a damage buff and should most definitely be included on the list.

Quote: Originally Posted by darthjanus View Post
Lightning/Telekinetics on the other hand needs a boost to its burst potential. This should come in the form of an increase to Thundering Blast and by tweaking all abilities to trigger their forked counterparts 100% of the time during Polarity Shift. Such a design change would concentrate burst potential around Polarity Shift windows.
I disagree. Thundering Blast should not do any more damage than it already does. It's already very destructive to your DPS to delay TB at all, so to weight our damage even further towards TB makes this problem even worse. Damage for lightning needs to be more evenly distributed between the abilities. Since it needs a damage buff, it should be focused on improving the damage of the filler abilities light lightning bolt and shock (increase the discipline crushing darkness thing to a 25-30% damage boost).

Sheike
06.07.2017 , 06:13 PM | #58
Will these changes be subject to hotfix if another instance of overtuning occurs this time around?

Darkside
06.07.2017 , 06:14 PM | #59
Most importantly Sith Assassin's
NEED PHASE WALK BACK!
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

O=============================O

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

THAT_EPIC_GUY
06.07.2017 , 06:18 PM | #60
I'm not going to go into detailed specifics about which ability needs to be changed etc as I feel that's more appropriate for when you post detailed changes. You did ask which specs need changes which aren't listed and why though.

Lightning needs a buff; its damage output is super low right now. Please address the chain lightning bug/exploit too if you do so as any buff to lightning with the addition of the bug remaining could make it an extremely overpowered spec if people choose to abuse the bug.

Marksmanship needs a buff; again damage is just way too low not too much else to say here.

Vengeance needs a buff; right now it feels like there's nothing vengeance can do which a marauder can't do better. Marauders have stronger defensives, higher sustained, higher burst and similar cleave. I'm not saying homogenize the classes, but give some appeal to playing a juggernaut over a marauder.

Operative dps defensive cooldowns; this class has some great survivability if it chooses to sacrifice dps output to use active defensives. This just isn't fun, it raises ttk in a fight absurdly for both the operative and the opponent (since they're just not taking much damage). Shift some survivability on operatives away from active abilities and into off gcd defensives.

Tanks needs to be brought in line; assassins are just noticeably ahead of powertechs and juggernauts in PvE right now (mainly due to phasing phantasm). I'm not sure where your balance targets for tanks is but either nerf assassins or bring the other two up.

Healing in general is too strong; both in PvE and PvP healing output is too high and maintaining uptime is too easy compared to that of a dps. This has created a huge turtle meta in PvP and trivialised a lot of PvE healing checks. Bringing healing output across the board down a little would be nice.
Mac
<Failure><It's Lit>
Free DP NiM Achievements click here