Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QuinlanSaathis
06.07.2017 , 07:44 PM | #71
I echo the call for Lightning to be on this list.
I want my flow back, right now its a chore to run through the rotation.

Andryah
06.07.2017 , 07:45 PM | #72
I'll keep it simple and to the point...

..... class balance is a recipe that always has too many cooks with their spoons in the opinion pot. No matter what the studio ultimately does or does not do in a class balance exercise... some people will be pissed off about it. It's the nature of class balance based emotions in MMO forums.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Jerba
06.07.2017 , 07:46 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
I believe that from my knowledge of MMO's tart start in what? 88 or 89'. That Nerfs have only caused problems and really created more problems than they're worth.

The best thing to do would be to make the other Classes abilities in line/ more powerful, or just as good as any kind of skills that some say is Overpowered, and stream line the other Classes to match those powerful abilities, but Nerfing has only caused more problems in every MMO i've seen and been around.

It we take the biggest disappointment of probably all Classes, it would be the Pyrotek/Pyrotech of the Mandalorian sub-classes. They are probably the least cared for of all classes? Now, people can say nerf this Class and Nerf that Class. So our Classes can compete. That is a terrible way, and can be a destructive way that only kills other Classes we love to play like Sorcerer and Sage.

Instead we need to streamline other Classes abilities wise, and make them have more power to compete in certain areas of both the PvE and PvP arena. Do this, and this will also close the gaps in Pvp that people complain about.

Nerfing is No longer the right answer, as is streamlining other Classes is the answer in areas that need to be stronger..
It's not as simple as that. MMOs are balanced for certain enrage timers and TTK values, so you can't just arbitrarily increase everyone's damage and healing, you need to hit certain DPS/HPS values, and that is only possible by nerfing stronger classes and buffing weaker classes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Wow I'm glad to see you post! I thought you might have quit, and that would have been a tragedy. On a side note, any new news on pets?
Nope, still active and I won't go anywhere anytime soon. Check your PMs, I don't want to go off-topic.

DarthCognusSion
06.07.2017 , 07:46 PM | #74
While I am glad you recognize that Madness/Balance needs work (buffs), the fact that you don't think that Lightning/Telekinetics needs buffs ASAP as well is rather disconcerting considering it is performing worse than Madness right now. I think you guys need to take another look at player feedback and class performance if you think otherwise.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

What about the missing Classes/Disciplines?
If a Class or Discipline is missing from this list it doesn't mean they won't be receiving changes at all, it is just that they are not receiving changes in the near future. In most cases this means that those Classes and/or Disciplines are in an ok place. It doesn't mean they don't need changes (both buff and nerf) but that other Disciplines need them sooner.

-eric
Worst dps spec doesn't need buffs? Interesting philosophy.

Andryah
06.07.2017 , 07:47 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
We all know they can't do them all at once. This MMO, along with all others i know of have tried to do all classes at once and only made things a lot worse, and made the customer/ us wish they hadn't touched anything at all.
Balancing is best done in a holistic approach across the full set of classes in an MMO (even though it generally results in some classes getting more tweaks then others) ... because there are real interdependencies between the classes in terms of offense and defense and interplay.

AND.. class balance is NOT based on solo character play, and never should be.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Darkside
06.07.2017 , 07:50 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
It's not as simple as that. MMOs are balanced for certain TTK values and enrage timers, so you can't just arbitrarily increase everyone's damage and healing, you need to hit certain DPS/HPS values, and that is only possible by nerfing stronger classes and buffing weaker classes.
Wow I'm glad to see you post! I thought you might have quit, and that would have been a tragedy. On a side note, any new news on pets?
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

Padreus
06.07.2017 , 07:56 PM | #77
Nerfing classes again... Let's chase everyone away...

CLICK ON MY FREE REFER A FRIEND LINK BELOW

http://www.swtor.com/r/sWNq2j

KeithKanneg
06.07.2017 , 08:05 PM | #78 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

I told Musco I would wait until tomorrow to post anything, but, but, but, I simply couldn't do it. I've seen so many posts about Sage/Sorc TK/Lightning, I had to jump in.

The list is ONLY the start and the ones listed may be included in Patch 5.3, but we might move some changes out to Patch 5.4 and include other Disciplines not yet mentioned. For example, notice that Operative/Scoundrel healing isn't on this list, yet. Hmmmppffft. They should be in the list, as I want to see my healers indestructible and completely outperforming all other healing classes! Alas, I know we won't do that, but I'd love it, even for a month!!!

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darkside
06.07.2017 , 08:07 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

I told Musco I would wait until tomorrow to post anything, but, but, but, I simply couldn't do it. I've seen so many posts about Sage/Sorc TK/Lightning, I had to jump in.

The list is ONLY the start and the ones listed may be included in Patch 5.3, but we might move some changes out to Patch 5.4 and include other Disciplines not yet mentioned. For example, notice that Operative/Scoundrel healing isn't on this list, yet. Hmmmppffft. They should be in the list, as I want to see my healers indestructible and completely outperforming all other healing classes! Alas, I know we won't do that, but I'd love it, even for a month!!!

Keith---
I'm sure we could have a "Healer Fest" weekend, where you throw some knobs and push some buttons to make the aforementioned changes. It would certainly liven things up for a few days.

DARK HOLOCRON

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

Dewlmenow
06.07.2017 , 08:12 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

Keith---

Have to appreciate the communication increase, so please keep that up and engage with us. The problem is that lightning is bar none the worst spec in the game right now as long as they don't use a certain exploit to boost their damage. Why that wouldn't be the first spec worked on is worrisome.