People with Sound Cards. Do you hear Crackiling?

Zupra

if you hear cracking and you have a sound card, its because you have all the setting set to full. im using a soundblaster XFI and had uncontrollable crackling in game , thsi is how i fixed it. TURN EVERYTHING TO LOW OR OFF! EAX, 3D and SVM had to all be turned off for me to get no cracking, while still maintaining the same quality of sound from the game. you can do this by typing in search "Creative Console", then clicking "Creative Console Launcher". and turning all of these options off or to low. EAX, 3D, SVM.

if you hear cracking and you have a sound card, its because you have all the setting set to full. im using a soundblaster XFI and had uncontrollable crackling in game , thsi is how i fixed it. TURN EVERYTHING TO LOW OR OFF! EAX, 3D and SVM had to all be turned off for me to get no cracking, while still maintaining the same quality of sound from the game. you can do this by typing in search "Creative Console", then clicking "Creative Console Launcher". and turning all of these options off or to low. EAX, 3D, SVM.

Uhm...if you have sound on your computer you have a sound card, either as a separate card or built into the motherboard... :confused:

Uhm...if you have sound on your computer you have a sound card, either as a separate card or built into the motherboard... :confused:

He obviously, as stated in the original post, meant a discrete sound card :rolleyes:.

OP, I use an X-Fi XtremeGamer with the standard 3.5mm output for a Logitech 2.1 set and don't hear any unusual crackling with my normal options enabled for the X-Fi.

Edited by Ancen

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought and installed a new sound card + speaker system. both work like heaven outside of SWTOR, but the moment i use in-game sound....its non-stop pops and crackles. i don't understand how i go from crystal clear sound to disgusting crackling and popping in game.

suggestions?

I have a xifi gamer card and it works really well. Only had a problem once. I usually leave my system running days on end and somehow the sound got messed up last week. Sounded like severe distortion in game and other apps. Rebooted the computer and all was well.

Generally no problems, I use the rear 3.5 jack. If your using a case with front jacks and it's not properly grounded that could be the problem. My Antec case has lousy sound our the front panel. I ended up using a USB adapter for my headset when I use it.

any idea what kind of 3d audio this game uses,does it actualy use the acceleration of dedicated sound card.

i also use an x-fi extreme gamer fatal1ty pro and i think in comparison to the 3d audio of everquest 2 swtor 3d audio sucks,very poor 3d positioning,sometimes sound that should come from the left behind comes from the rt behind.

in eq2 i can actualy close my eyes and just from the sound can hear people and npc,s come walking upto and past me,i have been able to worn grp members that a mob was coming down a hallway long before we could even see him.

When my computer, bought and built the day before, cracked and popped when running any kind of sound, nothing helped to remove it. After some troubleshooting i found out that the power cabel that ran to the cd-drive was faulted. Changed it out and it worked, buddy of mine had the same problem and a power cabel was damaged there as well. Haven't had any problem with the sound after that. All in all, might by somekind of a problem there if nothing else worked. :D;)

This is not necessarily true. I have a pair of headphones that work though USB and have built in hardware that gives me sound. You could make the argument the my headphones become the sound card but i would not call a pair of headphones a sound card.

My motherboard does have a built in sound card but i do not have the drivers installed for it and only use my USB headphone/mike.

So their could be people out their that do not have sound cards.