[SPOILER]This is Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Alert Warning do not read this post

WilliamBeckket

Again this is a Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Warning Do not read this post at your own Risk unless you have seen the movie and want to argue the points with me.

I have no idea who the First Order was, I assumed that they are a bunch of Sith but its a Group of Emperor wanna bes who are ************ they lost the War. Now if Mark Hammil got paid by how much screen time he received than he would owe J J some money.

I understand people can use Lightsabres without being a Jedi, Han Solo did it to save Luke on Hoth. Fin has never showed any ability to use the force in this movie, is he Force Senitive or not. Now I liked all the Characters even Ren who acted like Grandpa was okay.

However there was no story here, you took New Hope, made the Death Star Bigger and added in some Jedi Strike back and a mix of Phantom Menace. Like you didn't even bother trying with the movie.

The next movie has to be done by LOTR guy just to get everything in. I am going to have to write a Fan Fiction just so I know that somewhere out there something that is well thought out is written even if it is 100% wrong, its still something. The movie literally dies after Han and Chew come into, It dies, I am not even pissed Han does an Emperor, that was always coming he would die. I was waiting for Chew to die but he surivives.

Even the Yoda Character woman was cool, but except for getting Luke's Lightsabre, which is green not blue, Her whole section was there just so Ren could meet Riley and find out she is force Sensitive, They made a Planet size Death Star Galaxy killer with the same way to Destroy it as the Death Star, and how many suns does that System have, are they moving the gosh darn Planet.

As I understand it, Curacant is Destroyed, Correllia is Destroyed, Alderon is already Destroyed, Balmorral Is Destroyed. I think J J is a bad Director and story teller, How many of his movies have actually had substance to them. Even the Star Treks are Flashy Flashy nothing really there.

Oh my god the Pilot who Fin saved and they used to escape, Like I can accept the storm trooper not knowing how to Fly a tie Fighter, i can accept everything up to the point where the Guy is not dead. How the hell did he get off Jakku, why did he leave without the Android and completing his mission. Plus how does he get back to the Republic to come on the rescue mission.

The Extended Edition better have a lot more in it, I mean a lot more in it. with a lot more explainable shooting and a different ending. and R2D2 is a **** spank for not telling anyone where Luke is. and why break up the map. What for R2D2 Safety, how did he return to Leia if he was with Luke. If they found him, how did they not know where Luke was since R2D2 was with him.

If you are going to say that the second part of the map was the part R2D2 was not with Luke for, who wrote down the location of Luke. Why did they need to, Oh Leia and Han I miss you come visit me at this location, PS do not tell anyone.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely disappointed with TFA.

Story was bad. Jedi Knight's story arc in SWTOR is dozen times better not to mention KotOR 2.

Unappealing (in all ways) lead hero.

Ridiculously stupid climax, even for Star Wars (sci-fi / fantasy) story. Rey would beat Galen Marek's butt without Jedi training. Top kek.

John Williams performed rather poorly. Every Star Wars movie had an amazing soundtrack with memorable tracks. Not a single thing remained in my head after TFA. There are no memorable motifs / themes like Across the Stars, Imperial March or Battle of the Heroes.

Film is oozing with political agenda and doesn't even try to hide it.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Even the Yoda Character woman was cool, but except for getting Luke's Lightsabre, which is green not blue

That's Anakin Skywalker's blue lightsaber, taken from him by Ben Kenobi, given to Luke in Ep. 4 and lost by Luke in Ep. 5.

I can't believe I have to use spoiler tags for everything in this post, lol. :D

I heard the movie was a fanservice to the original trilogy. But expect a backlash even if it wasn't and was something more original. No matter what galaxy your in there will always be others out there who say something popular is terrible.

Having watch the trilogy as a child and the prequels as a young adult there was something that always remained true about the films. The first ones of a new trilogy were bland and meh with the rest getting stronger with each release.

Like a sith.

I was waiting for Chew to die but he surivives.

I felt like Chewbacca's fate has been edited at the last minute. When he triggered the detonator, given his rageful charge, and the position where he was, I could have sworn he was blasting himself with everyone.

Having watch the trilogy as a child and the prequels as a young adult there was something that always remained true about the films. The first ones of a new trilogy were bland and meh with the rest getting stronger with each release.

Yep. And this one may not be that much different.

It might be because they are written with in mind the fact that a significant number of spectators may discover the franchise with the said movie, since decades separate each trilogy. So each trilogy starts relatively slowly, and doesn't throw tons of assumed known facts in the spectators' faces.

Edited by Altheran

My thoughts on the movie below, in spoiler tags as requested.

In many ways, the movie didn't feel like Star Wars to me. The modern fiery lightsabers, the free-moving turrets and a hologram that isn't blue just killed my immersion. However, I realize that it is necessary to make Star Wars up-to-date and I can live with those changes; in fact I find the lightsaber to be more realistic that way.

I didn't like the soundtrack too much either, there was the random Force Theme and Love Theme but the new theme(s) didn't really stick to my memory.

I disliked that they left so many things unexplained, like the Republic. It was mentioned in the crawl, we know it is some kind of powerful political faction but then, what? We saw their home planet for a few seconds before it was destroyed.

With the older movies, I felt that when a random planet or species name was dropped, this made the universe feel more rich. But now I fear that they introduce random things just so they can justify producing additional material to explain it. I don't want to have a paywall to understand the story, and I do not support this business practice at all.

Some plot holes cannot be explained with just a novelization though. Why can Rey and Finn use the Force? How can a random scavenger use the lightsaber and defeat a (semi-)trained Force user?

There were lots of references to the other Star Wars movies, probably to appease the fans but they felt too much to me.

Poe getting rescued by Finn reminded me of ANH's Death Star escape, the new superweapon is a modern Death Star (with a battle rivaling ANH and RotJ), the cantina felt like a copy of the Mos Eisley one or Jabba's Palace. Maybe we've just seen too much story that eventually we see parallels everywhere but I feel that they copied too much of the older story elements.

Small references, like the garbage chute were funny but all in all it was too much.

Obviously, the end had to have a major cliffhanger to get us hooked for Episode 8.

When they split up the final Harry Potter and Mockingjay movie in two parts, it felt like a cheap marketing move to push sales. When it comes to Star Wars though, I don't mind that the story is split in three movies; it has always been in the trilogy format.

What I liked a lot was the violence. My biggest fear going into this was that Disney would make it into a children's movie but that is definitely not the case. In fact I wouldn't recommend that small children see it but maybe nowadays they are used to it.

The scenes with the killing of innocenent villagers, the destruction of the Republic planet or Han's death, while not showing violence directly, were very brutal IMO.

If it weren't a Star Wars movie, I would not consider it a good movie, but it does its job in setting up the stage for the following years and preparing the Star Wars universe for the coming tie-ins and spin-offs. Me personally, I'm still salty that they abandoned the Expanded Universe and have not much interest to get involved in it again beyond watching the movies.

Edited by Jerba

These are my thoughts

It pays to of read the starwars aftermarth book. It leads to how the First Order came about.

As to Maz Kanata having Luke Blue lightsaber that is a bit puzzling - as in Rey's vision Luke is weilding the blue lightsaber not the green.

Snork I believe is has taken on the Emperor's spirit, similar to how it is in SWTOR.

Wow, guys I actually liked the movie. A solid 4/5 from me.

Just some things to note:

- Finn, isnt implied to have the Force.

- Kylo was constantly bleeding out vs. Finn and then Rey. That's why he eventually lost.

- Didnt really like the Starkiller Base going the same way as the Death Star in Ep IV. I know it's a homage to the original trilogy but something different would have been welcomed. Space battle still awesome though.

- I missed the reason why R2-D2 woke up at the end to help complete the map. Why not before when Finn and Rey first arrived at the Resistance Base. Was it only after the Starkiller base was destroyed? But the Resistance and presumably Luke didnt know about the First Order's secret weapon before they first activated it...??

I'll probably watch it again next time with my brother to get any more details.

Edited by WDreamer

I liked it. a lot actually.

Only thing that bothered me on theater was the feel that ppl will whine about similarities to EIV :D

(but then again i dont mind about others opinnions that much so even that is ok :) )

Liked the "realistic" good guys, flawed and even childish bad guy, struggling if "i have what it takes" to do really bad things and break free. I didn't like the way some ppl just went "total bad from total good" before (i'm more of an 50 shades of force type of guy)

and mixing R2-D2 to Jar Jar and get a near perfect komedian who still wasn't annoying...

Some bad, lot more good 4/5

Let's see what second view brings :)

Haven't watched it (it's not out in my country yet) but reading the comments and especially the original post i must say i knew this would happen.

I mean Disney combined with that horrendous lightsaber that Kylo Ren uses + stripping Star Wars of all substance by removing the EU = a fiasco. (not a market failure, just for me personally)

I am not optimistic at all. I think i will be one of those people that will find something wrong every 10 seconds of the film and leave the cinema frustrated.

I might even wait for it on Netflix or some other carrier, might not even watch it on cinema. Gonna wait for more reviews and spoilers before i decide.

On the other hand setting extremely low expectations might leave me pleasantly surprised but we will see.

Edited by Kaedusz

Wow, guys I actually liked the movie. A solid 4/5 from me.

Just some things to note:

- Finn, isnt implied to have the Force.

- Kylo was constantly bleeding out vs. Finn and then Rey. That's why he eventually lost.

He wasn't losing that fight with Rey until he said, "You need a teacher. I can train you in the ways of the force." It was at that point when she remember what that bar owner woman said about the force. How to just close your eyes, feel the force, let it flow through you, and it will aid you. (or something to that effect.) When she opened her eyes you could see her facial expression change to one of peaceful serenity. She then unloaded on Ben and kicked his backside. That's how he lost...he himself couldn't weld the force as she could. Why you ask? She is Luke Skywalker's daughter.

- Didnt really like the Starkiller Base going the same way as the Death Star in Ep IV. I know it's a homage to the original trilogy but something different would have been welcomed. Space battle still awesome though.

It was fantastic. I thought it was cool of them to use a planet as a weapon. Saved on material for one...and it kinda falls in-line with something that happened at the end of Sith story-line bonus mission after you complete that. Where the female Imperial Guards-woman that they were going to make a new Belsavis even greater than the original one. Whether or not that's the case remains to be seen.

- I missed the reason why R2-D2 woke up at the end to help complete the map. Why not before when Finn and Rey first arrived at the Resistance Base. Was it only after the Starkiller base was destroyed? But the Resistance and presumably Luke didnt know about the First Order's secret weapon before they first activated it...??

Rey never arrived on the planet with Finn the first time. It was only after she landed after destroying said Death Planet that R2-D2 woke up. It was at that point that I believed confirmed for me that Rey is Luke's daughter. She touched his lightsabre and saw the recent past and near future involving Skywalker and herself. R2-D2 came out of his lower-powered sleep because his sensors were looking for (this is my opinion) certain DNA. Rey lands, R two sensors sense her and powered up to give them the full map to complete what they had with this lil bot.

I'll put this here instead of a new spoiler tag.

Luke used a green lightsabre in Return of the Jedi. Prior to that it was blue. Remember Quon(sp) used a purple crystal while the other Jedi was either Green or Blue. The fact that Luke's lightsabre was hidden away and was with a blue crystal means he either constructed another one and used a blue crystal or he went back to the cloud city and found the one that was lost when Vader cut off his hand. The former is the most logical explanation in my opinion because it was a family heirloom as stated when Rey was told about it.

I'll probably watch it again next time with my brother to get any more details.

I put my reply inside your spoiler tag.

Oh I forgot to say this:

I thoroughly loved the movie. I was heart broken at

Han's death...that really hit me in the gut...

I was fully entertained and kept on the edge of my seat during those times that everything was full speed. Action sequences were great.

The lightsabre dual show down at the end was reminiscent of combination of battles between Luke and Vader's 2 duels

All in all my score for this movie is 4.5/5. I look forward to the final two episodes. I believe they will be even better.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Generally I think that the main cast was very good (aside from Ren's completely stupid and unnecesary anger issues), but the wider story and galaxy around them was very lackluster and unexplained, which is especially disappointing since its worldbuilding pretty much defines Star Wars. For a movie with that large of a budget and technological capabilities, I also felt that much of the combat was very underwhelming. Finally the New Order's blatant space-Nazism felt really out of place.

from what i herd in a very drop out line that is easy to miss that wasn't courcant but a planet much like it.

still why empires build superwapons over and over again with a massive self destruct button is beyond me.

And i suspect many fans will hate this film simply because of Hans death, remember the backlash over chewie, this may be much worse.

EDIT

Also im curious the planet luke was on was supposed to have the very first jedi temple so my guess is typhon is not unlike Taris and the new republic going to be become cannon again.

Edited by Kaisernick

I was extremely disappointed with TFA.

Story was bad. Jedi Knight's story arc in SWTOR is dozen times better not to mention KotOR 2.

Unappealing (in all ways) lead hero.

Ridiculously stupid climax, even for Star Wars (sci-fi / fantasy) story. Rey would beat Galen Marek's butt without Jedi training. Top kek.

John Williams performed rather poorly. Every Star Wars movie had an amazing soundtrack with memorable tracks. Not a single thing remained in my head after TFA. There are no memorable motifs / themes like Across the Stars, Imperial March or Battle of the Heroes.

I had a bad feeling about this... since the trailers.

And sadly, it was true. As you say, you don't get to come out of the film with and infectious tune in your head like the Imperial march, closing theme, Leia's theme, Yoda's theme, Binary suns call of the Force, Duel of the Fates, whatever. It's all a continuous blur.

I absolutely LOVE Rey, everything with the Falcon especially flying inches above ground, that was something, Han and Chewie were GREAT, though the one-liners not as cool as vintage ones. The new X wings are very cool. Cool new creatures but too few overall (lots of aliens in the cantina but barely visible though)

I find Kylo pathetic, especially without helmet and even without hood and the way Finn and Rey beat him up in lightsaber combat was a joke. Some characters and yes that includes the superweapon are poorly introduced - and we had no time to fully get acquainted with that thing it was already blown to bits and AGAIN by a handful of X wing fighters. It's 2015 couldn't you have an ARMADA of fighters on screen???

Also, janitor stromtrooper knows all about the weak spot.

I loved the scenes on Tatooine. I mean... Jakku. Why make it another planet if it's beautiful, CLASSIC Tatooine, except one less sun?

Also there were great landscapes but all too terrestrial. Pine forests, oaks, grass, lakes, snow, blue skies... was JJ on a budget? Or was this a fifth of a billion usd budget film?

I was expecting something very alienish like Felucia (where Aayla Secura is killed), or Belsavis or Avatar's planet or something now that technology makes it possible without it having to look cartoonish.

I hope they later explain how Luke's saber found its way from the depths of Bespin to whatever planet it is where Yoda woman gave it to Rey (I just read how in Expanded universe a droid then an Ugnaught find it and give it to Vader, but still). I liked that little alien grandma a lot. But again - screen time, character exposition... underwhelming. Same for captain Iron Buckets Phazer. Cantina and desert market scenes were huge! Also found various nods to SWTOR - that woman looked like Kaliyo a lot, or Asajj Ventress, a Rattataki in any case with what looked a bit like a Gend'ai (Locust, The Flame), a droid that looked like Scorpio or Pat-ak, and even a red helmet that reminds a lot of the Obroan/Brutalizer helmets. Also, high-level scanvenging!

Also the scene where Solo is caught in a pincer between two pirate crews was GREAT and reminded me of cool times in Kotor. Sadly it's never explained how he got there or anything. Also would have loved at least one of the parties to be trandoshan or someshuch.

Places, characters, all is a blur and is rushed. 4 or 5 planets destroyed in seconds. What was that? Coruscant??? According to some sources Chandrila, some say Hosnian Prime on Reddit. Had to look - I hate the thought of Coruscant being blown to the smithereens! Again, that was really, really RUSHED.

Were they even in the same system? Or is the ray of death supposed to cross systems? It goes slowly enough for Ren to follow it with his head though!

Anyway, mixed feelings but I WILL go back to it. This time in English (saw it in French), and possibly in 2D as well.

I hope Episode 8 comes with lightsaber fights as cool as episode I and our beloved SWTOR trailers, and more immersion in the Force.

May the Force be with you!

Edited by BenduKundalini

I was a bit disappointed with a few things. Rey is kind of annoying and the fact she beat kylo in a lightsaber duel was ridiculous, injured or not. Leia looks like an old lesbian and Luke is badly out of shape, he is after all a Jedi.

However, on the whole I thought it was a good movie. Kylo ren is awsome, everything about him is intimidating and vicious, from his lightsaber to the way he walks. Really good character. Finn was actually pretty funny, some good scenes with him and han. Speaking of which, I thought his death was handled well, good character development for kylo. Also interesting to see Snoke, another cool character.

Look forward to seeing the next installment.

I thought the film was really awesome.

I'm actually in love with Rey now, so I found it really cool

when she friendzoned Finn at the end of the movie.

Many many many references to all the other Star Wars films! Really cool!

I was discussing with my friends if Han Solo is REALLY dead. I think yes. But my friends didn't think so: there was a TIE-Fighter that flew away from Starkiller Base and Han Solo would be in it, according to them. We'll see!

And now only one and a half year till 8!