Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Seriasx
01.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2781
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
I have been at work all day, so no. I haven't even seen any of this, but if you are too impared to type /quit instead of being farmed, thats on you. if its broke don't sit there feeding it, basic common sense.

Crying about how stuck you are when you can leave the game at any time is beyond obtuse.
What you really just said.

Hey guys I'm gonna go ahead and grief you to the point where you cannot play your character and act self righteous afterwords, ok?

Starbuckx
01.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2782
Quote: Originally Posted by Bustanoggin View Post
For all the people that are saying that getting valor points from doing Ilum is exploiting, well you don't make any sense. They set the amount of valor you get for killing people for a reason. Therefore they wanted it in the game. Its not an exploit. Wheither they decide to change it is up to them so stop complaining. If you don't like it don't play. Most of the people that are doing raids in Ilum are going to grind Valor ranks anyway. Are you guys really afraid of competition??
In my opinion playing a game as its designed to maximise the benefit to your character is not an exploit its being clever. Its human nature to do this.

When everyone has full Battlemaster gear will they still go to Illum? Is there any reason to suffer the lag just to farm points?
Would they still play the game or cancel subs?

Delete PvP gear from the game and see what happens, we can all run around naked and punch each other.

All that has happened in this patch is that its moved flipping objectives to flipping valor.

**** then, **** now...if you have the class to take advantage do enjoy.

50 Bracket is Warzones is good!! Well done for that one.

catchdeathwalker
01.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2783
You need to bring the servers down NOW and fix the valor gain NOW. Do a rollback now before people get too much valor in regular WZ's and you piss us off too.

If you decide to do a rollback tomorrow I will be pissed. But if you do it today, NOW, I won't be AS pissed.

Vlacke
01.18.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2784
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
/quit

pretty simple. Don't lie and act like you have no way to quit. go play another toon.
I know, i just thought you weren't aware of the issue.

On the side note, i am amazed as well why the republic even shows up on Ilum with 60 blood thirsty Imps waiting at spawn point.

They messed up badly and it is their fault that the faction imbalance is this HUGE.
Their pro Empire oriented propaganda before the game came out.

Like someone here even mentioned they even put a MALGUS statue in all CE boxes....no SATELE, the Grandmaster of the Jedi order, seriously?!

Now their Empire bias form that period just came back to haunt them.

THIS particular problem just made it much more obvious for everyone.

Felgor
01.18.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2785
Quote: Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
lolololololololol. I don't see the word WOOPS in your post. Look at my signature video for the "potential" problem.
Wow!!!

That video...

OMG!!!

Kelticfury
01.18.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2786
Quote: Originally Posted by Seriasx View Post
Nice, so I am not only forced to log off my character because of unintended gameplay but you are also rewarded at the same time.

My suggestion is that you try to save your mad for tomorrow when you log in and all your unearned valor from today is gone.

Also dont even bother loading up on the gear as they will be removed too.
No, you assume I am even in the game. I am at work. It doesn't take being logged in to know that any fool can type /quit and not get farmed or be stuck. There is nothing at all making you stay there and be farmed but YOU, so don't try to pull some "oh you must be getting mad exploits if you think i am dumb for letting myself be farmed" its just ridiculous.

I couldn't care less about ilum or wether or not they roll back the valor, which they won't. if anything they are going to try and figure out a way to only allow balanced factions into ilum.

Why? Because I don't have a lvl 50 yet. Yeah I have a job, and a girlfriend and stuff to do other than stay logged into a game and be farmed because its just so awful that I have to log out and play another character or god forbid do something that doesn't require being glued to your computer.

TehIdiot
01.18.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2787
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
I'm not sure if it's just today or this week, but changing from downing walkers and turrets to killing the other faction and gatgering armaments has ignored the fact that healers do not get credit for kills their ops group make. Also, when solo in the zone a healer needs a companion, which have been disabled.

As of right now pvp on ilum is unplayable for healers.
And Melee especially tanks. All I can do is saber throw once a minute and if a BH pulls someone choke. Actually glad I had to work today I really don't need to break another computer.

Roshe
01.18.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2788
I think BW should just bite the bullet and award all Republic players the same amount of valor points the Imperials farmed today.

TogashiMatsuo
01.18.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2789
Well, I'm certainly not reading 280 pages on how fail Ilum since the patch went live... that much is obvious without the eye-bleeding side-effects.

Seriously though, presumably the goal was to get the two factions to stop cooperating and actually compete/fight with each other, across the two factions.

Instead, we get one faction largely not present, and the other largely competing with itself for random spawns.

This doesn't feel like endgame PvP... this feels like an overcrowded Valkurm Dunes, competing for each and every EXP mob spawn to pull.

Epic Fail. The chests were just... I can't even say honestly without violating forum rules... but seriously. -.-;

Vesalon
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2790
Well not much to say, but thanks for giving me a reason to go back and play some other games till I see a response. Been very addicted to this game so far but don't have an urge to play during this obvious guinea pig live testing you are doing. Since you couldn't test it properly with your test server it appears you just made it live to test. Pure speculation of course. So as I await a response I'm going to go beat up some punks as Batman I still have faith and will not cancel over this. See you "soon"
"It's kinda like cheese, but at the same time nothing like cheese at all."